New Caney vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

I just keep reverting to last year and the 5 regular season games decided by a TD or less. Then we won rounds 1-3 by a combined 57 points. Probably should've beaten Hutto by another TD also. This team is a ahead of where they were at this point last year. 

I figured our title hopes were slim to none after Grace got hurt because it took Crosby's between the tackle threat away. I think Tre Edwards getting over 160 yards on 22 carries in his first start brings that threat back. It takes away from the receiving core but maybe he can used like Jordan Meyers is at Dickinson going forward? 

I know one thing to be certain though. If the defense is going to play like that, Crosby will be more than fine. 

I agree with you on all accounts. 

Come on man how could you play poorly against Dayton with all those D-1 players and that #2 State ranking - now Dayton on the other hand played poorly because that's what low caliber teams do .( I don't know could Crosby be over-rated ?)

/

Could be, yes   But I don't think so 30-4 record over last 3 years. 7-0 this year. They're the real deal. Doesn't mean they'll win it all. But they they have the team to make a run at it. Not many can say that right now. 

Wow, got to wonder why they're even playing this game.  Sounds like you Cougars are blowing New Caney off. Poor kids from NC will have an inferiority complex if they read all this.  Bet your Coach is preaching one game at a time, hint hint  

I believe I said I think NC is a good team. I believe Crosby will win but it won't be a cake walk if we come out dragging we will lose. 

they had to win their final game just to make the playoffs too. 

Think that shows you how much better the competition in that district is. I believe if you count Aledo CP has beaten 3 top 10 teams at the time they played this year. I remember when LM made their run in 2010 I believe. Dayton caught them in the 3rd round and I remember thinking wow this team finished 4th. Dayton blew everyone away in our district that year. They finished as a 4th seed but had to play teams like Manvel Pearland Dawson Friendswood and the district was just brutal. 

Edited by bronco pride

If you if you would have told me at the beginning of the year that Craig and Carlos wouldn't be available by mid-season, I would have said there's no chance. These kids are resilient and have battled through adversity to look even better than they did last year. Coach Riordan "The Philosopher" has these boys finding a way to win.

Just curious Crosby, how many starters are seniors this year?

April, the real question is how does Dayton finish higher than 3rd or 4th losing all their best offensive players again? I can't really count Styner as a threat because he had 13 carries for 45 yards behind what was supposed to be a good offensive line. I would probably say half of our starters are seniors but the other half coming back will all be better than anything Dayton could put on the field.

April, the real question is how does Dayton finish higher than 3rd or 4th losing all their best offensive players again? I can't really count Styner as a threat because he had 13 carries for 45 yards behind what was supposed to be a good offensive line. I would probably say half of our starters are seniors but the other half coming back will all be better than anything Dayton could put on the field.

Why is it, no matter what is asked or said YOU ALWAYS want to talk about Dayton? This thread has nothing to do with Dayton.

Think that shows you how much better the competition in that district is. I believe if you count Aledo CP has beaten 3 top 10 teams at the time they played this year. I remember when LM made their run in 2010 I believe. Dayton caught them in the 3rd round and I remember thinking wow this team finished 4th. Dayton blew everyone away in our district that year. They finished as a 4th seed but had to play teams like Manvel Pearland Dawson Friendswood and the district was just brutal. 

CP plays Vista Ridge the last game of the season so I think they've only beaten two top 10's for now. The competition is better but the results came because the enrollment is/was higher in that district.

The best district in the state now is considered to be 25-5A, if you take their top 6 schools they also have the second highest average enrollment of any district in the state behind 23-5A which is the largest average enrollment.

Manvel had over 2000 kids when LM played them in district and then again for the region which is why they went from 5A-D2 to 6A the next alignment. If Leander gets into the playoffs from 25-5A you could potentially see Cedar Park with about 1,850 kids as well as Vista Ridge with about 1,950 kids both playing D2.  

Oh ok, I didn't pick that up when it said "OctFeb" in your post. The point is why would you care how many seniors Crosby has if you weren't trying to project anything going forward? 

Who said anything about trying to project anything going forward? I was just curious as most are when asking such a question.

Its already been made clear Crosby is loaded for next season. Right?

If you if you would have told me at the beginning of the year that Craig and Carlos wouldn't be available by mid-season, I would have said there's no chance. These kids are resilient and have battled through adversity to look even better than they did last year. Coach Riordan "The Philosopher" has these boys finding a way to win.

Are the Crosby faithful afraid of "The Philosopher" leaving to go back to SS?

I doubt he would leave for another high school job at this point, if that's the case he probably could've had the North Shore job. I don't think you leave a growing district with a growing talent pool to go back to a school that's going the opposite direction with SS. Look at their record since Riordan has left. 

I think you're a lot more likely to see him take a job as a position coach on a college staff and try to work his way up to coordinator or head coach rather than take another high school job. I'm sure Crosby would match whatever compensation is needed to keep him. 

When you can make over $200k just for being a position coach at an average school I would think that's the more likely route he goes.

I'm gonna need someone to go over to the Nederland thread and get CougarCal and bring him back over here where he belongs! Thanks!

As soon as you rid this thread of OctFeb.....last week was her week....move along and take your excuses with you.

As a reminder of last week.....this kid isn't a senior:

This is the hidden content, please

Not the first time he has used that move.

My guess is he will leave after this wave of talent. OC will get HC job, and RB coach will get an OC job as he has a nice resume for producing a stable of backs. Everything he touches goes D1.

I doubt he would leave for another high school job at this point, if that's the case he probably could've had the North Shore job. I don't think you leave a growing district with a growing talent pool to go back to a school that's going the opposite direction with SS. Look at their record since Riordan has left. 

I think you're a lot more likely to see him take a job as a position coach on a college staff and try to work his way up to coordinator or head coach rather than take another high school job. I'm sure Crosby would match whatever compensation is needed to keep him. 

When you can make over $200k just for being a position coach at an average school I would think that's the more likely route he goes.

1.  I think and hope we keep him for a while.  I think the job in Crosby has turned in to a very good job.  Lots of talent that does not look to be drying up any time soon.  Very supportive community and administration.  New stadium.  New High School with new field house, weight room and practice fields.  One high school town is advantageous too.  Living in rural Crosby, but being only 30 minutes out of Houston makes Crosby a pretty nice place to live too.

2.  If he does leave, Crosby is on the map and should be able to solicit applications from some of the best up and coming coaches in the state.

1.  I think and hope we keep him for a while.  I think the job in Crosby has turned in to a very good job.  Lots of talent that does not look to be drying up any time soon.  Very supportive community and administration.  New stadium.  New High School with new field house, weight room and practice fields.  One high school town is advantageous too.  Living in rural Crosby, but being only 30 minutes out of Houston makes Crosby a pretty nice place to live too.

2.  If he does leave, Crosby is on the map and should be able to solicit applications from some of the best up and coming coaches in the state.

I think if you include compensation along with all of the factors you outlined above that Crosby has actually turned into the premier 5A job in the entire Houston area. I would imagine you could almost handpick the successor. 

I think if you include compensation along with all of the factors you outlined above that Crosby has actually turned into the premier 5A job in the entire Houston area. I would imagine you could almost handpick the successor. 

Let's hope we don't have to worry about it for a long time.