PN-G vs Ozen

Hey, I refuse to lay off.  It's just sad, and a shame to the people involved.  That kid waited and waited his time.  and when his time came, he was still screwed.  If I'm not mistaken, I'd say politics were involved, which is sad because if the better player was just allowed to play ball like he should have, I'm sure Ozen would have had more wins under their belt the last couple of years.  So, I'll continue to make mention of his accolades as they occur...

No problem I agree ,politics may have been involved I don't now enough about the situation to disagree.I do know he should have been utilized more. But if you are going to post all his accolades I hope you  don't get carpal tunnel, lol.

Edited by rc2182

Come on Soulja, you continue beating a dead horse in the ground. It's obvious the coaches had no idea of Rodney's talent, but unless they get on this site, we are all aware they under utilized his ability.Rodney is balling out at Lamar, what surprise me more is a lot of schools did not see his ability as well.He should have been highly recruited in my opinion but, thanks to Ozens coaching staff for not displaying his talents Lamar was able to land him.

Recruiting is a strange game and I will never claim to understand what some coaches are thinking.  But a bunch of schools missed the boat on Rodney Randle, including Bmt Ozen.  Shame on them.

Edited by AthleticSupporter - Jock

Hey, I refuse to lay off.  It's just sad, and a shame to the people involved.  That kid waited and waited his time.  and when his time came, he was still screwed.  If I'm not mistaken, I'd say politics were involved, which is sad because if the better player was just allowed to play ball like he should have, I'm sure Ozen would have had more wins under their belt the last couple of years.  So, I'll continue to make mention of his accolades as they occur...

I know this all so very well as my stepson Chopper only touched the ball 4 or 5 tImes a game and my boys now are talented and don't touch the ball on offense and are under used. Maybe I am the one they don't care for but my kIds work hard year In and year out and others just show up and get all kInds of opportunities. These coaches are makIng It real easy for them to just concetrate on baseball for next season I tell you. I'm so glad God has a plan for theIr lIves. I don't care who knows thIs but the truth Is the truth.

Recruiting is a strange game and I will never claim to understand what some coaches are thinking.  But a bunch of schools missed the boat on Rodney Randle, including Bmt Ozen.  Shame on them.

Yes they really did. I had the pleasure of coaching him In LIttle League and saw his ability then. I also say he will play on Sundays. Coaches come and go but never realize that some of us just may know their skills a little better. Good luck Rodney  Randle.

I know this all so very well as my stepson Chopper only touched the ball 4 or 5 tImes a game and my boys now are talented and don't touch the ball on offense and are under used. Maybe I am the one they don't care for but my kIds work hard year In and year out and others just show up and get all kInds of opportunities. These coaches are makIng It real easy for them to just concetrate on baseball for next season I tell you. I'm so glad God has a plan for theIr lIves. I don't care who knows thIs but the truth Is the truth.

The rumor was that his mom wanted him with limited touches to avoid injury to concentrate fully  track while @ Central....

The rumor was that his mom wanted him with limited touches to avoid injury to concentrate fully  track while @ Central....

Not so, only question was why would you send a 160 lbs world class track star up the middle of a defense. He was a scat back wIth 10.12/100m speed and had 48 touhes the year. I'm not going to worry about all thIs stuff just ventIng. God has the final say.

As far as PNG / Ozen both locked and loaded for the shoot out and I expect one  but a very irate Indian may be too much for the Panthers this time if they slow  Down Mr. Tyler  ! Turnovers probably gonna matter a lot . There both going to score .  Likewise if Ozen can't pressure Morse it's gonna be a long night ! 

Thanks to All of you well wishers, I will certainly tell Mr. Randle his efforts didn't go unnoticed. It's great when not only Ozen fans appreciate the effort, but opposing teams as well. Rodney keeps in touch with the players & holds no grudges. He was taught to be a Team player & do your job. It was frustrating at times, but rewarding because of Life's lessons that he had to endure & his faith in God helped pull him through.  I know he would really Love for the focus to remain on his former Teammates and their Goals they set for the season. Again, thanks to All of you.

Proud Papa

Not so, only question was why would you send a 160 lbs world class track star up the middle of a defense. He was a scat back wIth 10.12/100m speed and had 48 touhes the year. I'm not going to worry about all thIs stuff just ventIng. God has the final say.

Yes, that makes sense, now that I'm hearing it this way.  Brings back memories.  I've never seen a player that fast in person since then...

Thanks to All of you well wishers, I will certainly tell Mr. Randle his efforts didn't go unnoticed. It's great when not only Ozen fans appreciate the effort, but opposing teams as well. Rodney keeps in touch with the players & holds no grudges. He was taught to be a Team player & do your job. It was frustrating at times, but rewarding because of Life's lessons that he had to endure & his faith in God helped pull him through.  I know he would really Love for the focus to remain on his former Teammates and their Goals they set for the season. Again, thanks to All of you.

Proud Papa

Inspirational, It can be frustrating when you know what they can do If given real opportunities but I will take a page from your book and sit back and watch. Next chapter coming soon. Lol

As far as PNG / Ozen both locked and loaded for the shoot out and I expect one  but a very irate Indian may be too much for the Panthers this time if they slow  Down Mr. Tyler  ! Turnovers probably gonna matter a lot . There both going to score .  Likewise if Ozen can't pressure Morse it's gonna be a long night ! 

Yes, both will be the key.  You're right.  Ozen needs to pressure Morse.  PN-G needs to get a handle on Tyler.....

Yes, that makes sense, now that I'm hearing it this way.  Brings back memories.  I've never seen a player that fast in person since then...

Yeah Soldier he averaged 24 points  a game In MIddle school but ran a 10.3 In the summer before his 9th grade year and that was the end of basketball. We only had to develop hIs moves, work ethic and academics. 

10.12 in high school?  Son, that is smoking!  For those of us unfamiliar with Chopper, what was his real name and where did he go after high school?  I just saw where you said he ran a 10.3 before HS? Good Lord that is fast, especially for a kid not even finished maturing yet.