CAN KOUNTZE GET A WIN THIS WEEK...KOUNTZE VS WARREN

Nobody seems to want to breach the subject so I am going to...I think Kountze may still be suffering from the injury bug but I think Kountze rams this one home. It's homecoming this week so the Lions get it done at home.  I am sure Warren folks are feeling much more confident about the opportunity for a Warren win, but I don't see it this week.

You would think kountze could be a great job for someone...do they not get about the best athletes in the state? why cant they get a program going there? is the basketball battle just too much to fight? I  will agree that it would be hard as hell to get assistant coaches there. Last i heard the highest paid assistant coaches there are making about 28k a year...hard to eat on that salary...but seriously what is keeping them from going at least 3-4 deep in playoffs? I dont know much about that area, but Id be willing to bet they get just as good if  not better players than EC, KIrbyville, etc 

You would think kountze could be a great job for someone...do they not get about the best athletes in the state? why cant they get a program going there? is the basketball battle just too much to fight? I  will agree that it would be hard as hell to get assistant coaches there. Last i heard the highest paid assistant coaches there are making about 28k a year...hard to eat on that salary...but seriously what is keeping them from going at least 3-4 deep in playoffs? I dont know much about that area, but Id be willing to bet they get just as good if  not better players than EC, KIrbyville, etc 

UP its a subject with multiple layers...IMO...Kountze had spent so many years trying keep the basketball athletes in the gym and off the football field...makes it hard to now shift gears. 2nd, Kountze has never had real major support of its Athletic program as a whole...in The years past the Band Program got more money per student than the Athletic program at least make it equal...I am not bashing the band because those kids work hard to produce a fine product that the community can be proud of, but the comparison has to be made to make the point. 3rd, Kountze does not have the financial capability to hire the number of Coaches needed to facilitate a deeply successful athletic program that allows for a top notch off season program and academically its in trouble. In the past 10 years Kountze has lost like 200 students district wide and with the recent peg list its lost more. I am not slinging mud or blaming anyone or group I am just stating fact and one opinion about the gym vs football field. I agree that Kountze has a really nice pipeline of Athletes and they could be a very successful program but a great deal is gonna have to change for that to come to fruition. 

UP its a subject with multiple layers...IMO...Kountze had spent so many years trying keep the basketball athletes in the gym and off the football field...makes it hard to now shift gears. 2nd, Kountze has never had real major support of its Athletic program as a whole...in The years past the Band Program got more money per student than the Athletic program at least make it equal...I am not bashing the band because those kids work hard to produce a fine product that the community can be proud of, but the comparison has to be made to make the point. 3rd, Kountze does not have the financial capability to hire the number of Coaches needed to facilitate a deeply successful athletic program that allows for a top notch off season program and academically its in trouble. In the past 10 years Kountze has lost like 200 students district wide and with the recent peg list its lost more. I am not slinging mud or blaming anyone or group I am just stating fact and one opinion about the gym vs football field. I agree that Kountze has a really nice pipeline of Athletes and they could be a very

Man i hate to hear it...i guess the tax base there is pretty much non existent, and theres hardly any industry huh? 

Man i hate to hear it...i guess the tax base there is pretty much non existent, and theres hardly any industry huh? 

oh that is true...so finances is always gonna be an issue, but alot of schools state wide that are no better off some how make thier academics work, athletics shine and have nice success in the fine arts. UP to me it's all about leadership and community involvement. 

oh that is true...so finances is always gonna be an issue, but alot of schools state wide that are no better off some how make thier academics work, athletics shine and have nice success in the fine arts. UP to me it's all about leadership and community involvement

That's a fine idea.  Truly is.  But...it's about $.  Gotta have money to get the best coaches..and a lot of them.  Gotta have money to hire the best teachers.  Hardin County is an absolute joke when it comes to the ability/willingness to pay employees.  All of their salary schedules for teachers are on the district website.  Kountze, West Hardin, Hardin Jefferson, Lumberton, Silsbee don't pay teachers enough to be above the poverty line.  And 4 out of those 5 schools are awful every single year in football.  The one school that is relatively competitive every year has the best facilities of the group.  Amazing coincidence. 

Kountze AD has like 6 assistants from what I counted a while back. That's unheard of, in 3a Football

EC has 14 coaches and 10-11 coaches on the sidelines. Who's going to win and who's going to get embarrassed?

I'll take the mass coaching unit for 500, Alex.

Kountze AD has like 6 assistants from what I counted a while back. That's unheard of, in 3a Football

EC has 14 coaches and 10-11 coaches on the sidelines. Who's going to win and who's going to get embarrassed?

I'll take the mass coaching unit for 500, Alex.

UP, OS, MH...you guys are right I just wish more can understand these things...Silsbee has figured it out...upgrading facilities and academically has performed very well according to the last report I saw...in addition they have managed develop a nice fine arts program with multiple opportunities in other extra curricular activities. But back to discussion at hand and the question posed by  Scat...is Jouberts job in question? My answer is not at this point, but folks are a bit restless from what I here and if basketball is not the hit he needs it to be...well the heat will ratchet up. Look Coach Joub has a lot of support, enough that one bad season or even two, he can weather the storm but with everything that is in play at Kountze right now the speculative trend does not look promising for a big turn around. This is no impugning of anyone in Kountze because this calamity has been brewing for years and it's not going to get fixed without real leadership and a real coming together of the community. I mean scrub the lines drawn in the dirt out and everybody roll up their sleeves and jump in the deep end. Not just one group in the deep in while the vast majority wade in the safe shallow waters making waves so the risk takers drown because that's the past and look what has been accomplished...ZERO! I do not have the answers but there are much smarter Men and Women who do and I pray for the sake of the children that they step up and the rest us of hold them up so they can succeed.

Edited by IT'S IN THE BONE