Lumberton @ Central Saturday

LOL! You can't use that reasoning in football. Very comical though might I say. If that was the case we wouldn't have had that GCM upset against an undefeated Nederland team last year right? Well it will definitely be a good, close one but I think Central takes it. And yes THIS GAME DOES HAVE PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS!

Central played 3 6A teams (Summer Creek, West Brook, and Memorial) in the pre-season.  Since they managed to survive as a 5A team, then I am inclined to believe they have gotten meaner and smarter.  Surely, they learned a few lessons that will help them battle with other 5A organizations!  They should be stronger and better equipped in the regular season.

I truely believe Lumberton had karma on its side with all the outside the field work the Coach and team volunteer for. Good for Lumberton for raising these young men right

from helping with the house that burnt down, raising money for a JV player and playing football with the little boys before the homecoming community pep rally. I love this group of boys 

Selective comprehension again...  It's a trait that my wife and other women that I know possesses.  Anyway.

Lumberton fans.. have yall been running this same type of offense all year or is this a wrinkle that you went to exclusively for Ozen?

What offense are you referring to?  We run it some and pass it some just like most other teams.  We just don't do it as well as the 6A teams that you guys normally compete against.  I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion.  Didn't Central beat Lumberton by 9 TDs last year.  68-7.  Surely, Lumberton has not improved "that" much.  10 TDs by Central to 1 TD by Lumberton, and our kids are still the same ole kids.  I wonder if it's not too late to just forfeit this game to protect our kids from getting hurt.  I mean, Central is used to playing 6A teams for pete's sake.  I cringe at the thought of what the mighty jags are going to do to our poor Raiders. 

What offense are you referring to?  We run it some and pass it some just like most other teams.  We just don't do it as well as the 6A teams that you guys normally compete against.  I'm not even sure why we are having this discussion.  Didn't Central beat Lumberton by 9 TDs last year.  68-7.  Surely, Lumberton has not improved "that" much.  10 TDs by Central to 1 TD by Lumberton, and our kids are still the same ole kids.  I wonder if it's not too late to just forfeit this game to protect our kids from getting hurt.  I mean, Central is used to playing 6A teams for pete's sake.  I cringe at the thought of what the mighty jags are going to do to our poor Raiders. 

That was a for real question.  I'm not being sarcastic at all.  I really wanted to know.  And last year was last year.  I know you guys are good this year.

Selective comprehension again...  It's a trait that my wife and other women that I know possesses.  Anyway.

Lumberton fans.. have yall been running this same type of offense all year or is this a wrinkle that you went to exclusively for Ozen?

Same offense.   HF, BC & OF just played better defense I guess. 

WOW. This thread is out of hand.. The folks in Lumberton are so happy that they are still posting on last weeks thread, and do not even realize the week is over..... Just made my pick ems and i see that everyone has jumped on the Lumberton Bandwagon... Well..... I havent.... Im picking the ole JAGS to win this one... I know what history says, and its kinda like PN-G vs WO-S.... History says one thing, and it usually happens.. Im not a hype buyer...... Lumberton does not have near the athletes that Central does... So to me, that equates to a loss.. And if Im wrong, well, Im wrong...

GO JAGS.................

WOW. This thread is out of hand.. The folks in Lumberton are so happy that they are still posting on last weeks thread, and do not even realize the week is over..... Just made my pick ems and i see that everyone has jumped on the Lumberton Bandwagon... Well..... I havent.... Im picking the ole JAGS to win this one... I know what history says, and its kinda like PN-G vs WO-S.... History says one thing, and it usually happens.. Im not a hype buyer...... Lumberton does not have near the athletes that Central does... So to me, that equates to a loss.. And if Im wrong, well, Im wrong...

GO JAGS.................

Lumberton does not have near the athletes that Ozen has but hung 51 on them.

Central played 3 6A teams (Summer Creek, West Brook, and Memorial) in the pre-season.  Since they managed to survive as a 5A team, then I am inclined to believe they have gotten meaner and smarter.  Surely, they learned a few lessons that will help them battle with other 5A organizations!  They should be stronger and better equipped in the regular season.

In our District how many teams would win out against those 3 6A teams.

GO JAGS.................

actually it is not mostly Lumberton commenting on last weeks lol

Correct Speaker1. I was actually responding to a comment made by Raideroldtimer on page 3 when I made this remark. He said since Ozen beat Memorial, Memorial beat Central, and Lumberton beat Ozen, then Lumberton will also beat Central. But that's why I picked Central to win