Giants vs Cowboys

im not gonna spoil the watching but Mcfadden is faster thought, he can play WR, personally id put Dunbar in for Dez and sub him and Bease in and out. Randle ball security is garbage imo, Dez has dehydration issues every game it seems, its concerning. Romo knew every defensive set NYG was in, that was crazy. Defense needs to tackle, not just hit. Mincey almost cost us the game. 

OMG, I loved that crossing pattern pass to McFadden. Reminds me of why I wanted McFadden instead of Felix Jones. I am anxiously awaiting the halfback option pass. Dez missed an easy pass there forcing a FG.

On to the Eaglets.

Here is what I hate about Collinsworth. The PI that led to Dallas' TD, he said that Cromartie had him by the shoulder but that Williams didn't feel the effects of it. What a terrible thing to say and how can he know that? We can't have different degrees of grabbing, then we will have lots of controversial calls. The rule is.....after five yards No TOUCHING! If we adhere to this rule, the calls will sit better with everyone. COllinsworth was a WR and he would have signaled for a flag had that been him.

How to improve the Cowboys.

Offense: catch the passes and hold onto the ball......period! Back-to-back turnovers almost did us in.

Defense: need to tackle lower. Most players can bounce off of a high hit unless you just smear them.

im not gonna spoil the watching but Mcfadden is faster thought, he can play WR, personally id put Dunbar in for Dez and sub him and Bease in and out. Randle ball security is garbage imo, Dez has dehydration issues every game it seems, its concerning. Romo knew every defensive set NYG was in, that was crazy. Defense needs to tackle, not just hit. Mincey almost cost us the game. 

Keep dinking and dunking with our TEs and RBs in the passing game.  If they start to key on that, Terrence Williams is a legit Dez-light who's capable of burning people on the deep ball. 

Here is what I hate about Collinsworth. The PI that led to Dallas' TD, he said that Cromartie had him by the shoulder but that Williams didn't feel the effects of it. What a terrible thing to say and how can he know that? We can't have different degrees of grabbing, then we will have lots of controversial calls. The rule is.....after five yards No TOUCHING! If we adhere to this rule, the calls will sit better with everyone. COllinsworth was a WR and he would have signaled for a flag had that been him.

How to improve the Cowboys.

Offense: catch the passes and hold onto the ball......period! Back-to-back turnovers almost did us in.

Defense: need to tackle lower. Most players can bounce off of a high hit unless you just smear them.

If the no touching after 5 yds is going to be adhered to, there would be a flag on every pass attempt.

Exactly. After everyone gets tired of the flags, there would be no more grabbing. It works for both teams so there is no advantage. They were supposed to be more strict on these types of calls this year anyway. Does anyone here realize that if a receiver and defender are running full speed, side by side, just how little of a shove it takes to throw the other guy off his route or keep him from jumping (Dez)?

@BSO: Eli, Not Couglin Instructed Rashad Jennings Not To Score

This is the hidden content, please
via @Its_RianM

…… but Elisha Manning got a brand new contract before this game. Lol

via @Its_RianM

He sure did. I forgot about that.

Don't score to go up by 10 with less than 2 minutes? Wow....brilliant.

via @Its_RianM

Hmmm....Elisha Manning with two rings,  Tonya Romo nada.  Prolly could care less if someone calls him Elisha. Lol

He sure did. I forgot about that.

Don't score to go up by 10 with less than 2 minutes? Wow....brilliant.

Manning said he thought Dallas only had one timeout, and that they might let the Giants score in order to get the ball back.  So,actually not scoring for a couple of plays wasn't a bad idea.  However, Dallas actually had 2 timeouts (I was confused as well).  Why Manning then threw the ball out of bounds on 3rd down was very strange.  I also noticed on the last Giant drive that they were snapping the ball with 20 seconds still left on the clock, so obviously they get an F for clock management.  In summary, Dallas tried really hard to lose the game, but the Giants said no way, we're losing.

Manning said he thought Dallas only had one timeout, and that they might let the Giants score in order to get the ball back.  So,actually not scoring for a couple of plays wasn't a bad idea.  However, Dallas actually had 2 timeouts (I was confused as well).  Why Manning then threw the ball out of bounds on 3rd down was very strange.  I also noticed on the last Giant drive that they were snapping the ball with 20 seconds still left on the clock, so obviously they get an F for clock management.  In summary, Dallas tried really hard to lose the game, but the Giants said no way, we're losing.             

Could have forgotten about the timeout Dallas got back when they called timeout and there was a penalty. Still no excuse. Even if they had one more timeout, they would have had to score twice.....twice. That's assuming that Dallas would score the TD first so that they would only have to drive for a game tying FG after the onsides  kick recovery. Sure is a huge assumption to put on one timeout. Liked your last sentence.

Here is what I hate about Collinsworth. The PI that led to Dallas' TD, he said that Cromartie had him by the shoulder but that Williams didn't feel the effects of it. What a terrible thing to say and how can he know that?

"We can't have different degrees of grabbing, then we will have lots of controversial calls. The rule is.....after five yards No TOUCHING!"

But there are different degrees. Not as simple as NO TOUCHING. Defensive player is allowed to have contact that does not constitute PI. Subjective to the ref and not reviewable is a big issue. Just putting that out there

Not a cowboys fan but the Giants deserve to lose that game.  They should've ran it on 3rd and 4th and make Dallas go 99 yards, with less than a minute to play.  Since they didn't want the rb to score.  Coughlin must've hung out with Hancock the night before. 

lmao!!! 

But there are different degrees. Not as simple as NO TOUCHING. Defensive player is allowed to have contact that does not constitute PI. Subjective to the ref and not reviewable is a big issue. Just putting that out there

baba, I'm from the old school where you couldn't even touch the receiver at all at any time. Then they started allowing the chuck within five yards. We all know how well that has worked out. When it becomes judgement calls, then there will always be controversy

Back in the day when football was really football, the o linemen could not touch the d linemen with their hands as that would constitute holding. It made it more difficult to pass block and put more pressure on the QB to get rid of the ball. The timing had to be exact and the route run perfectly. Not much ad libbing unless you were Tarkenton or Staubach. High scoring games back then were 17-10. Now it is nothing to see scores in the high 20s and 30s. People wanted more offense so they legalized holding but at the same time allowed the receiver to be chucked. Conflict of interest if you ask me. Now, we can bump and run, hand checking all the while, and cry when a flag gets thrown. The judgement calls will be seen both ways, depending on which team you follow. What gets me is the fans who cry...."all he did was grab his jersey". Well, sometimes that's all it takes.

He wasn't really smart because when the ref kept getting the clock fixed they were ready to snap the ball but could have waited like 35-37 seconds and run more off the clock. I'm a Cowboys fan I was sitting in the living room saying how stupid Eli was for snapping it with 20 seconds on the play clock