Black&Gold Rivalry Predictions Thread

This one will be close throughout. I don't see NED blowing anybody out. They are counting on Defense to continue the District Championship run. This might be a mistake. Vidor will be tough to stop or even slow down. Only advantage fro NED is they have seen the Slot-T for years now and have a game plan for it. I expect a nip and tuck affair that goes down to the wire.

NED 42

Vidor 40

Unless Vidor has added Airforce to the battle plan the slot T won't get it done in the end . You don't need home runs , just a few quick slants to someone with quick , does not have to be speed just sure handed and the O could be deadly . I'm really surprised that people who like to run it haven't explored the possibilities more . Much like the original run n shoot. It could be almost unstoppable as long as execution is perfect even with less than average athletes in a down year . 

I think the Pirates may not throw a pass all night long.  My heart wants to pick the Pirates.  History would merit picking the Dogs.  

But those of you who are saying that the Pirates have to pass to win tomorrow, let me say in the Spirit of Yogi.  You don't have to throw the ball to win, you just have to score more points than the other team!

Unless Vidor has added Airforce to the battle plan the slot T won't get it done in the end . You don't need home runs , just a few quick slants to someone with quick , does not have to be speed just sure handed and the O could be deadly . I'm really surprised that people who like to run it haven't explored the possibilities more . Much like the original run n shoot. It could be almost unstoppable as long as execution is perfect even with less than average athletes in a down year . 

I doubt there's many that have watched a good slot T being ran that wouldn't say "they watched the wrong running back" during a game. So if you have a qb who can also pass, awesome.  But even as good an athlete as MQ was, passing wasn't his strong suit.  IMO Manziel would be a perfect slot T qb.  Just hard to find guys like that. 

Probably lower scoring than most think...vidor is going to want to take the air out of the ball and shorten the game and Nederland's defense may give into that a bit...I'm thinking the Dog D will bend but not break, the pirates commit too many turnovers/penalties and the Nederland offense eventually takes this one over.

Dogs 28

vidor 20

Probably lower scoring than most think...vidor is going to want to take the air out of the ball and shorten the game and Nederland's defense may give into that a bit...I'm thinking the Dog D will bend but not break, the pirates commit too many turnovers/penalties and the Nederland offense eventually takes this one over.

Dogs 28

vidor 20

I think Razor, you've just given us the Readers Digest version of this game. What ticks me off, that seems to happen to often.  

Oh well, it's Friday (Praise the Lord) and I'm looking forward to keeping up with a lot of games.  As always, hope both play their best, and NO injuries!