East Chambers vs. Hamshire-Fannett

SportsFan78

The atmosphere for this gm will be great. Not only is it the Rice
Bowl but it will be hf seniors first home gm. Hf will also be celebrating 25th anniversary of 1990 roster. I'm taking my horns by a TD in this.

Just curious as to the significance of the 1990 team?  I watched them play several games that year and they had a decent playoff run.  Has HF started celebrating 25th anniversary teams every year?  EC had a some players that didn't dress out against Tarkington due to injuries.  Silcox being one of them.  Anyone know if HF and EC will be full strength come Friday night?

The significance of  the 1990 team is that they scored 492 points in 10 games that year and lead the state (3A) that year in points scored . They finished with 614 points in 13 games and lost regionals to waco conally 30-29 after being up 29-0 in the first half . They would have 4 All Staters from that team , arguably the best 1-2 punch running back tandom in the schools history  with simien and george ,  Malveaux at wide out who was class 3A offensive player of the year with a whopping 24 yards a catch and 16 tds . The schools best offensive tackle in Jake Droddy and. The schools best Linebacker in  Cody Mahon who was defensive player of the year . Hamshires most talented team . That is why i think they are doing it . The 1975 team went 13-1 and was a dropped td pass from going to state and was lead by qb Les Koenning.  This year this team marks the 40th anniversary of Hamshires deepest playoff run to semifinals surprised they arent being celebrated. 

Just curious as to the significance of the 1990 team?  I watched them play several games that year and they had a decent playoff run.  Has HF started celebrating 25th anniversary teams every year?  EC had a some players that didn't dress out against Tarkington due to injuries.  Silcox being one of them.  Anyone know if HF and EC will be full strength come Friday night?

i dont think they do 25 year anniversary every year , but 3 years ago they did an alumni night and all the old players from the past came out . 

The HF Players & Coaches will have to play and Coach their best game to beat this EC Squad. If they come out and play careless and sloppy early; I see EC blowing them out. The Coaches need to have a good scheme for stopping Silcox this week, he absolutely destroyed them last year. HF has had way too many costly penalties & turn overs these last couple of games that really cost them the game against Lumberton; and they should have smoked Anahuac 56 - 0. If HF can keep it close going into the 4th quarter then I give them the nod as they should have more depth than EC; if not the "fat lady" might start singing early.

Edited by HORNSFAN86

If you hadnt notice kings numbers are down compared to this yr. Last yr going into ec game he had 7-8 TDs & over 400 yrds. This yr he is 4tds and under 250. He has way more help this yr. So Dnt count hf other players out.

From what I have seen this year, the opposing teams are so focused on King that it is allowing his teammates to take advantage of the situation.