Beaumont Ozen 31 Port Arthur Memorial 30/Final

WOSgrad

Congrats to coach Suggs and Ozen! They could make noise in 22-5A. Tough loss for PA Memorial, but look at it this way Titans fans: you started out last year 1-0 with a 56-0 win and look what happened. Hopefully they can improve. Looks like Central will be tough next week. I'm a big fan of both coaches, I hope the 2 teams have great seasons.

Ok, my analysis: 

Both teams overall looked good to say it was week-1. Im very glad I got there for the 2nd half, thats when the fireworks started (as usual when I hit the stadium). I was impressed with both offenses, Kadon is gonna be a baller this yr, period. Angelle is a beast at WR and our O-line gave Kadon alot of time to throw, big shock of the night was Kadon RUNNING THE BALL! About time Kenny Ray. Ozen offense will give teams fits with that misdirection stuff, Boyd, Lil C and number 7 are good players for them. Number 18 has to catch those easy passes. Really impressed with both sides on offense. 

But the defenses: first Memorial. Why in the h*ll are we playing basically a prevent type D (I know it was zone but still) on Ozen last drive? Smh. And our DBs have to get better in coverage. Unimpressed with our D tonight. There was a point in the 4th qtr where we had DBs who didn't know what the coverage was. Cmon man, we are better than that. 

Ozen D played good for the lack of depth they have. But that secondary has to wrap up, that last Angelle TD shouldn't have happened. 

Some little things to clean up on both sides but I like both teams to get better during the year and make the playoffs. Alot of ppl will blame KH for this loss, I dont. We lost to a better team, ozen wanted it more, they took every punch MHS threw at them and didn't punk out, they swung back. Totally different Ozen team, they might give WB a game next week for awhile IMO. MHS offense when in gear will be a problem for Central, my thing is will our D show up to the party. 

And finally: Memorial band, PLEASE do not play the Umbrella Song ever again. Thx. 

Congrats to coach Suggs and Ozen! They could make noise in 22-5A. Tough loss for PA Memorial, but look at it this way Titans fans: you started out last year 1-0 with a 56-0 win and look what happened. Hopefully they can improve. Looks like Central will be tough next week. I'm a big fan of both coaches, I hope the 2 teams have great seasons.

good point! 

I talked to our players about ya'lls predictions all week and told them y'all had no respect for them. I appreciate all the 50+ coversations and the "This game won't be close comments.  I said we would whipp y'alls butt cause this group of Panthers aren't scared. I coached several of them and even the ones I had not come from winning programs. Just call us the Jefferson's Baby cause we're moving on up and will run Jefferson County like those old Hebert Panthers use to do! Lol