***BRIDGE CITY COACHING FINALISTS UPDATED 2/9 3 FINALISTS***

Does Troy still have a chance since he wasn't in the top 4? Did they decide last night and choose to keep it quiet until next week or are they going to have a special meeting next week to decide?

Those that remember ::).........Les Johnson didn't make the first cut for interviews but when a couple of guys bailed, they added Les to the list. :o  Troy would be infinitely better than Les.  The three finalists are all fine men and coaches and would do a good job for BCISD.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sportsfanatic

As for a resident of BC, I personally find it funny that Troy Bolten all of a sudden acted more involved as soon as the AD job opened up.  I would like to see an AD that is going to do that ALL the time.  Also, as for you that say that if you leave this school district, you have no chance of being hired???.....that is wrong!  I'm pretty sure Bolten left of was ran off (if I remember correctly).  Just some food for thought.  Personally think Stump would be great.....Just my opinion.

Guest bcoldcard

sportsfanatic.

Bolton will be a  fine AD.  I believe he will give his time to all  sport programs. Girls and Boys.  Maybe some of the natives are getting a little restless. Some of the coaches that have had gravy train might have to get out of their chairs and actually coach.

"As for a resident of BC, I personally find it funny that Troy Bolten all of a sudden acted more involved as soon as the AD job opened up.  I would like to see an AD that is going to do that ALL the time.  Also, as for you that say that if you leave this school district, you have no chance of being hired???.....that is wrong!  I'm pretty sure Bolten left of was ran off (if I remember correctly).  Just some food for thought.  Personally think Stump would be great.....Just my opinion."

"Sportsfanatic," this is not an accurate description of Troy Bolton.  We have been involed with sports and Troy Bolton for 13 years in youth leagues and school sports and he has always been very involved with the kids whether he was working in BC at the time or not.  He cares about their success on the field/court as well as in the classroom.  We have 2 sons, an 18 year old and a 16 year old and they both think very highly of the man.  You may not always agree with his methods, but you cannot say that he does not give his all to the kids. 

"As for a resident of BC, I personally find it funny that Troy Bolten all of a sudden acted more involved as soon as the AD job opened up.  I would like to see an AD that is going to do that ALL the time.  Also, as for you that say that if you leave this school district, you have no chance of being hired???.....that is wrong!   I'm pretty sure Bolten left of was ran off (if I remember correctly).  Just some food for thought.  Personally think Stump would be great.....Just my opinion."

"Sportsfanatic," this is not an accurate description of Troy Bolton.  We have been involed with sports and Troy Bolton for 13 years in youth leagues and school sports and he has always been very involved with the kids whether he was working in BC at the time or not.  He cares about their success on the field/court as well as in the classroom.  We have 2 sons, an 18 year old and a 16 year old and they both think very highly of the man.  You may not always agree with his methods, but you cannot say that he does not give his all to the kids. 

AMEN!  First Class Guy!

He had to leave and become an offensive coordinator somewhere else!!! What was he hired back as????  My point was inorder to move up the ladder, you have to move off to it!!!

Guest Orangeboy

Bolton should have been in the final 4 to begin with. What do you tell Stump and Bickham if Bolton get's the job.   

You tell them they didn't get the job... 8)

Bolten should have been a finalist to beging with..i have known him a long time and he works hard at whatever he is involved with...i havent always agreed with him on some issues but i think he would do fine and i think it is time for the board to take a chance on an in house guy for once and see what happens....and another reason why i would pick him over the other two is becasue i feel both the others will use this has a stepping stone where as bolten has been here he loves it here and unless he just does not get the job done he will be here for awhile.....and the last two times b.c. has hired a new ad there has always been two or three finalist from way outside this area that has withdrawn at the last minute..if i am not mistaken tarver was not the boards first choice.....i am not saying ther other two would not be good but i say go with bolten and give hiim his shot...he deserves it...

Guest Wildcat 08

Bolten should have been a finalist to beging with..i have known him a long time and he works hard at whatever he is involved with...i havent always agreed with him on some issues but i think he would do fine and i think it is time for the board to take a chance on an in house guy for once and see what happens....and another reason why i would pick him over the other two is becasue i feel both the others will use this has a stepping stone where as bolten has been here he loves it here and unless he just does not get the job done he will be here for awhile.....and the last two times b.c. has hired a new ad there has always been two or three finalist from way outside this area that has withdrawn at the last minute..if i am not mistaken tarver was not the boards first choice.....i am not saying ther other two would not be good but i say go with bolten and give hiim his shot...he deserves it...

Your right, he should have been a finalist from the start.

Like it or not - My understanding is PAYBACK for pulling out last time!

I don't really care who gets the BC job and don't have a dog in the hunt.

But.. if they eliminated Matthews simple as a payback, that is crazy. That is like saying that maybe he was the guy for the job but we are going to show him. Who loses out on that kind of deal, the coach or the team that needed him?

If they wanted to eliminate someone due to the person not being the right guy at the right time, great. If they do it in spite, that will only hurt the school that did it, not the coach.

Now I hope that the BC hires the right guy for their team.

How long has Troy Bolton been at BC? BC was loaded with tallent a couple of years ago and they did very well. Do you think he can produce a team that is competitive every year even with average tallent? I am not sure any of the coaches that are in the finals can. I hope so because I would like to see BC get the reputation that WOS has across the whole state. I would like to know who the board turned down. I hope they did not give sole consideration to only the candidates within a 50 mile radious. If Bolton gets it then I hope he is the best that applied.  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder