Unarmed White Kid -Killed By Police

BLUEDOVE3

"What exactly transpired between the officers’ arrival and the moment of Hammond’s death is unclear. Seneca police, Hammond’s family and the officer involved have given confusing, conflicting accounts of the incident. Without video footage, it’s difficult to tell whose is accurate.

The initial report from Seneca Police made no mention of shots being fired. But after the name of the officer involved, Lt. Mark Tiller, was released last Friday, they released a report from a different officer describing the incident as 

This is the hidden content, please
That report did not explain the events that led to the shooting or why Tiller felt threatened."

Police say a uniformed officer, on hand to support the undercover cop, was approaching Hammond's vehicle. There's disagreement about what happened next. Seneca Police Chief John Covington says Hammond drove the car at the officer, who, fearing for his life, fired twice into the vehicle, shooting a fatal round into Hammond's upper torso. Eric Bland, a lawyer for Hammond's family, says that the officer shot Hammond twice from behind and that an autopsy supports this claim. More than a week after the shooting, Oconee County coroner Karl Addis -- one of the few people who should know for sure -- has 

This is the hidden content, please
 which direction the bullets came from.

Who knows what went on there…….

Police gave conflicting stories. Its still early to determine what all happened.

The sad thing is, if it is shown the officer was justified in this shooting, the black community will not agree with it.  Ferguson is a prime example.  It is always the fault of the police in their eyes.  The only incident that has occurred recently that I feel is solely on the police, is the shooting in South Carolina that clearly shows the officer shooting a black man in the back.  IMO that was outright murder.

My only issue is we have become a society that expects to have all information as soon as it happens.  I don't see how you can gather hours if not days of information, process it, double check it, compare statements to physical evidence in a few hours. The we have SOME people who will believe whatever the media reports. It has been proven time and time again that the media will report and word things just to get ratings. 

So, we will have better information once the investigation is complete. 

One other thing that comes up often is drugs.  Young folks on drugs (incl alcohol) are going to do things/react "out of character".   Maybe the saddest part of these sad incidents, is why so many young folks use drugs.  Times have changed.  

yup! That boy up in North Tx was definitely on something crazy. 

One other thing that comes up often is drugs.  Young folks on drugs (incl alcohol) are going to do things/react "out of character".   Maybe the saddest part of these sad incidents, is why so many young folks use drugs.  Times have changed.  

When I was growing up in the late 80's plenty of kids were doing drugs, Mary Jane was the drug of choice.  Not as many problems then.  Now, with all of the crap that is out there, kids are doing much different/harder brain effecting drugs.  

When I was growing up in the late 80's plenty of kids were doing drugs, Mary Jane was the drug of choice.  Not as many problems then.  Now, with all of the crap that is out there, kids are doing much different/harder brain effecting drugs.  

Coug, I'm naive about drugs.  That started a couple of yrs after I graduated.  Question I have, MJ was supposed to mellow you out.  In your opinion, do you think today's is stronger, and making kids more aggressive?   I aways think about that when one of these folks have MJ in their system.  Just wonder if anyone else does.  Something must be different. 

Coug, I'm naive about drugs.  That started a couple of yrs after I graduated.  Question I have, MJ was supposed to mellow you out.  In your opinion, do you think today's is stronger, and making kids more aggressive?   I aways think about that when one of these folks have MJ in their system.  Just wonder if anyone else does.  Something must be different. 

It can be laced with different things, but I personally think it stems from kids doing these synthetic knock offs, bath salts, and stuff like that.

the thing is it's not just mj. Kids now wanna be past the mellow stage. Mj Molly alcohol syurp. All in a matter of minutes. 

What you described is not punishable by death.

That is a lame argument that is continually brought up. 

It is not "punishment" when deadly force is used. It is self defense. 

Look at another story in the news today where the local kid was killed for breaking into the home. Well burglary is not punishable by death either yet this will likely show to be justified not under punishment but under self defense.