Houston Texans

Good luck with that....Maybe Jerry will be out of town that day.

All teams have had draft blunders. Cowboys problems get more coverage. JJ was huge in the Herschel Walker trade that landed Dallas with 5 starters and 8 draft picks which produced the likes of Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Alvin Harper, Russell Maryland. Won 3 Superbowls after that. Yeah, I'd say Jerry knows nothing about football. It's haters that make dumb statements like that.

All teams have had draft blunders. Cowboys problems get more coverage. JJ was huge in the Herschel Walker trade that landed Dallas with 5 starters and 8 draft picks which produced the likes of Emmitt Smith, Darren Woodson, Alvin Harper, Russell Maryland. Won 3 Superbowls after that. Yeah, I'd say Jerry knows nothing about football. It's haters that make dumb statements like that.

you got the initials right, but blew it when you typed Jerry......should of typed Jimmy and it would be more believable

No, i got it right. Jimmy made the moves but I can guarantee you it was not done without Jerry's ok. It is why Jimmy became Joe average coach with the Dolphins. He did not have Herschel Walker to trade for an almost instant winner. Sorry if you are a Jimmy fan, but that's the way I see it and it is very factual.

Jerry has lots of pieces to the puzzle right now. He wasn't ready for Romo to go down (what a blow), and what he needs more than anything is a HC.

Since this is a Texans thread........you need a HC and a QB....go figure. Maybe a WR too.

No, i got it right. Jimmy made the moves but I can guarantee you it was not done without Jerry's ok. It is why Jimmy became Joe average coach with the Dolphins. He did not have Herschel Walker to trade for an almost instant winner. Sorry if you are a Jimmy fan, but that's the way I see it and it is very factual.

Jerry has lots of pieces to the puzzle right now. He wasn't ready for Romo to go down (what a blow), and what he needs more than anything is a HC.

Since this is a Texans thread........you need a HC and a QB....go figure. Maybe a WR too.

Could it also be why Jerry has become Joe average GM? Barry rode the coattails of Jimmy's team. Jerry got out of the way, Parcells built a team and Wade rode that coattail for a season or two. Since? Mediocrity. Terrible cap issues with so much invested in a older QB that the AWESOME OL cant protect. (Bill Callahan leaving for Washington seems to be hurting more than everyone thought) Questionable free agent signings, a circus of a lockerroom, Josh Brent on the sidelines?

Tony Romo going down twice sure hurt the Cowboys, leads to the question, who signed the backups, and why cant the coaching staff coach these guys up? The NFC East was there for the taking,

The Texans are an average team about to win a crappy division. The Cowboys are dead last in a crappy division? That shouldn't happen to a team with decent depth and backups. Coaching staff and scouting dept where are you???????

That's the way i see it.

On your opinion of the Texans, I agree on needing a franchise QB, a speedy WR, and I think the jury is still out on Bill O'Brien. I personally hope he stays around for a few more years. But that's not my choice to make. I would suggest we try to hire Parcells as a consultant on finding that franchise QB, he did find Romo for yall.

Buddy, with the Titans and Jags left, you can't see them winning one of those games? I know they are still the Houston Browns,  but they ought to be able to take the Titans, and with a little luck, maybe the Jags. 

JJ Watt should be excited to see his boy Mettenberger at QB.  I know we're on our 3rd string QB, but the Texans should win this one, considering what is at stake.  Tennessee is not good.  

Could it also be why Jerry has become Joe average GM? Barry rode the coattails of Jimmy's team. Jerry got out of the way, Parcells built a team and Wade rode that coattail for a season or two. Since? Mediocrity. Terrible cap issues with so much invested in a older QB that the AWESOME OL cant protect. (Bill Callahan leaving for Washington seems to be hurting more than everyone thought) Questionable free agent signings, a circus of a lockerroom, Josh Brent on the sidelines?

Tony Romo going down twice sure hurt the Cowboys, leads to the question, who signed the backups, and why cant the coaching staff coach these guys up? The NFC East was there for the taking,

The Texans are an average team about to win a crappy division. The Cowboys are dead last in a crappy division? That shouldn't happen to a team with decent depth and backups. Coaching staff and scouting dept where are you???????

That's the way i see it.

On your opinion of the Texans, I agree on needing a franchise QB, a speedy WR, and I think the jury is still out on Bill O'Brien. I personally hope he stays around for a few more years. But that's not my choice to make. I would suggest we try to hire Parcells as a consultant on finding that franchise QB, he did find Romo for yall.

I agree with the Switzer comment. Same can be said for Gruden at TB and Seifert at SF. Actually not their fault, just the way it is. Wade has always been a top nothch DC and an ok HC......kinda like Norv Turner as OC instead of HC. It takes a really special person to be HC and Dallas does not have that guy right now. Cowboys are always condemned for falling from grace but what about SF, Buffalo, etc. Lots of teams not living up to their past. Cant all be blamed on Jerry. He brings in talented enough people, they need to be coached up. Free agency has always hurt and when you do win, the team gets raped of it's coaching staffs. The one team that has done best in the free agency era is probably NE. They field a winner every year around one freakin player. If you try to draft your way to a talented team, the cap will get you. I bet we are still paying the triplets.

I really don't have the answers. A team needs chemistry and losing Murray destroyed our offensive glue. Our 7 game losing streak we lead four games at the half, the other two went to OT. The one we should have lost and did, was NE. Gotta win the close games. Defense getting a stop at crunch time has been our Achilles heel. Jerry is everyone's scapegoat but he cant shoulder all the blame. Kellen Moore was on the practice squad before we got Cassell. Why is he there if you ain't gonna use him? Not Jerry's call.

I am actually looking forward to the last two games. Moore may make some rookie mistakes and that is expected. I look at the overall picture and potential....mainly presence in the pocket. Cass ll looks like a deer in the headlights.

Man, I could go on forever it seems. Too many intangibles. 

Weeden actually did good against the Colts. At least I thought he did.

I agree with the Switzer comment. Same can be said for Gruden at TB and Seifert at SF. Actually not their fault, just the way it is. Wade has always been a top nothch DC and an ok HC......kinda like Norv Turner as OC instead of HC. It takes a really special person to be HC and Dallas does not have that guy right now. Cowboys are always condemned for falling from grace but what about SF, Buffalo, etc. Lots of teams not living up to their past. Cant all be blamed on Jerry. He brings in talented enough people, they need to be coached up. Free agency has always hurt and when you do win, the team gets raped of it's coaching staffs. The one team that has done best in the free agency era is probably NE. They field a winner every year around one freakin player. If you try to draft your way to a talented team, the cap will get you. I bet we are still paying the triplets.

I really don't have the answers. A team needs chemistry and losing Murray destroyed our offensive glue. Our 7 game losing streak we lead four games at the half, the other two went to OT. The one we should have lost and did, was NE. Gotta win the close games. Defense getting a stop at crunch time has been our Achilles heel. Jerry is everyone's scapegoat but he cant shoulder all the blame. Kellen Moore was on the practice squad before we got Cassell. Why is he there if you ain't gonna use him? Not Jerry's call.

I am actually looking forward to the last two games. Moore may make some rookie mistakes and that is expected. I look at the overall picture and potential....mainly presence in the pocket. Cass ll looks like a deer in the headlights.

Man, I could go on forever it seems. Too many intangibles. 

Weeden actually did good against the Colts. At least I thought he did.

great points.......I agree with a lot.

if you couldn't tell, I just wish the Cowboys were good and less of a sideshow.

@SNFonNBC: Ryan Mallett went 17/24 in the first half. He threw for 146 yards and 1 score! #WelcomeToBaltimore

This is the hidden content, please

Point continues to be proven.. Like I said in October: he's better for another organization, will be a great backup next season for Baltimore or starter for another, better organization than the Exans. 

As they should.  They have to be one of the three worst run teams in the league.  The GM absolutely has to go, and O'Brien needs to follow close behind. The Texans, as a team, are absolutely terrible.  BG, we need to come up with some other parameters for our bet.  I don't think either one of us has to worry about buying the other a steak dinner.  See what u can come up with.

i bet the Texans dont get a top5 draft pick?  Thats all I have lol

I'll think about that one.  Sounds pretty enticing.  Trades on draft day do not count?

nope, cause knowing that pitiful organization they might trade it away, im being nice. 

I agree 100%!!!  Bet on

done. 

:)

you won the bet, but I still win b/c Texans have better record.  how's that 7-9 working out.  BTW, when u are ready for that stesk dinner let me know.:)

Titans gave up after the first fumble, Jags will make sure the Exans dont go above .500 next week.

Oh, and Go Colts!