Houston Texans

34 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Gonna throw a quarterback at y'all for next year: Drew Brees. Sean Payton gone and contract all ready to be re-negotiated. Crummy team in NOLA and he could get two more good years (I know he's 36) with a decent receiving corps and improving O-line in Houston. Possible SB run with him under center for the Texans. Thoughts?

Instant AFC contender with Brees. 

4 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

No to brees. In two years we'll be in the same situation as now. Just draft a qb first round.

Draft the QB later and tutor under Brees. This year's QB class sucks, IMO. Other things the Texans need to draft. Like BG said above, automatic contender with Brees...he's got a couple of good years left with a good team. Deandre Hopkins and Co.s numbers go out the roof with him....and I believe you can get him at a fairly bargain number < $30M. Now's the time if you want a Super Bowl.

16 hours ago, robanadana said:

Draft the QB later and tutor under Brees. This year's QB class sucks, IMO. Other things the Texans need to draft. Like BG said above, automatic contender with Brees...he's got a couple of good years left with a good team. Deandre Hopkins and Co.s numbers go out the roof with him....and I believe you can get him at a fairly bargain number < $30M. Now's the time if you want a Super Bowl.

You have a good point. I just don't trust the whole old vet coming in to take us to the promise land. a couple of years ago we was just a ed Reed away. how did that end up. I couldn't complain either way. 

12 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You have a good point. I just don't trust the whole old vet coming in to take us to the promise land. a couple of years ago we was just a ed Reed away. how did that end up. I couldn't complain either way. 

Brees led the league again in total passing yards...I'm telling you, a bargain. And Ed Reed is no where near a good comparison to a Drew Brees coming home to Texas. Short drive to his house in Austin. We're going to get the 20th pick and there won't be a QB coming out of college by that time who's gonna help. Need a another beast O-line guy, tight end and maybe another running back depending on Foster. 

6 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Brees led the league again in total passing yards...I'm telling you, a bargain. And Ed Reed is no where near a good comparison to a Drew Brees coming home to Texas. Short drive to his house in Austin. We're going to get the 20th pick and there won't be a QB coming out of college by that time who's gonna help. Need a another beast O-line guy, tight end and maybe another running back depending on Foster. 

Foster is done IMO. Blue and that other guy better than him as of now, they play RB, why they stay injury free and Foster dont? 

13 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Sounds like a whiny ass.  Kinda Malletish.  Mercilus better anyway 

13 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Sounds like a whiny ass.  Kinda Malletish.  Mercilus better anyway 

The first pick is a waste anyway. Trade it for three or four others and get real players and not primadonnas. That's the real problem. You draft a guy number one, he get's automatic money and busts. Give me three lower first rounds and I'll show you a hell of an offensive or defensive line.

3 hours ago, liltex said:

Welp great night for a ole fashion Texas bonfire=goodbye UT/Texan outerwear

Yep. I already threw away my Texas Longhorn gear. I wear OU Sooners gear loud and proud.

As for the Texans, I threw in my 100% towel long ago. I cheer for SAints, Pats and Cowboys and Texans (all 25%)

Rather have 4 dogs in the race, then be let down by them ole' TExans any day.

14 minutes ago, MossHill2 said:

Yep. I already threw away my Texas Longhorn gear. I wear OU Sooners gear loud and proud.

As for the Texans, I threw in my 100% towel long ago. I cheer for SAints, Pats and Cowboys and Texans (all 25%)

Rather have 4 dogs in the race, then be let down by them ole' TExans any day.

Where you been Mike? I needed you to calm me down when I nearly threw my laptop threw the TV over Hoyer. Crown Royal, take me away.... Oh well, at least they didn't lose like Cincy did. I rather get the crap beat outta me...

23 hours ago, GCMPats said:

It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved before. 

Terrible (yet predictable) loss. Chiefs are pretty complete.  

If you want to win at ANY level, you better be good at QB. Not too many healthy, elite QBs sitting at home during the playoffs. 

I pretty much agree, Pats, except I'm not sold on the Chiefs QB. Alex Smith is just a little less hoyerible than the Houston QB. KC also has better coaches. 

The Texans went as far as they could with the personnel they have. They will have to make some moves to be legitimate playoff contenders. After the loss against Miami, they bounced back very well and did the best they could. I can't say the same about the North Texas team...

On 1/7/2016 at 7:39 PM, baddog said:

I think any team needing a starting QB would welcome Drew Brees no matter how old he is.

Even though I am a Cowboy fan, I watch the Texans and I have a bit of advice for Texans fans. Give up on Clowney. To me he is a super bust. I rank him right up there with Brian Bosworth......the most overrated player ever.

ok, I'll go back to the Cowboys thread now.

I  dont know if I would call him a super-bust just yet. Now was he SUPER OVERHYPED yes. He had a outstanding soph yr at SC including the beheading of the Michigan running-back.

Once again the NFL and ESPN overhyped a good player and injuries have kept him down.