Kountze vs. Silsbee, with some HJ talk

If Silsbee can play as a team again next season, I can see them making it to San Antonio for state. They still need to improve on their outside shooting and free throws. With 2-3 freshman being on varsity and all the experience coming back, it will be pressure on the coaches to ensure this team doesn't get the big head and kids start bickering about playing time. I predict the starting lineup to be Thomas, Grubbs, Mike McCain, Harris, and Makey. The second group will be just as good if not better with Devon McCain, Spearman, Barnes, Newton, and Mays/Adams. Playing 11-12 kids will be very difficult but I'm sure Sigler, Collins, and Brooks will find away. If this team has the ability to advance to state at least 2-3 times. 

If Silsbee can play as a team again next season, I can see them making it to San Antonio for state. They still need to improve on their outside shooting and free throws. With 2-3 freshman being on varsity and all the experience coming back, it will be pressure on the coaches to ensure this team doesn't get the big head and kids start bickering about playing time. I predict the starting lineup to be Thomas, Grubbs, Mike McCain, Harris, and Makey. The second group will be just as good if not better with Devon McCain, Spearman, Barnes, Newton, and Mays/Adams. Playing 11-12 kids will be very difficult but I'm sure Sigler, Collins, and Brooks will find away. If this team has the ability to advance to state at least 2-3 times. 

​Spearman is no longer at Silsbee

I think Devon and Bruce will probably be in different groups. Will be interesting. 

LOL. I was talking about Spearman. The poster had him with second group, you said he was no longer in Silsbee . Badsanta then mentioned him going to Beaumont and getting a scholarship. Just curious if the Tigers were gonna be good enough to get 2nd team players scholarships?? Graylon Arnold could start for any club in SETX. If he goes to Silsbee he would be the best player since Ashton Hall to cross the creek.

LOL. I was talking about Spearman. The poster had him with second group, you said he was no longer in Silsbee . Badsanta then mentioned him going to Beaumont and getting a scholarship. Just curious if the Tigers were gonna be good enough to get 2nd team players scholarships?? Graylon Arnold could start for any club in SETX. If he goes to Silsbee he would be the best player since Ashton Hall to cross the creek.

​Heard the Spearman kid is of going to  Central.

Not against any lineup starting but not having Barnes in it is prob a big no no.  Cat can go whole game and he brings the intensity up three fold when he's in.

Needs playing time to develop some more but he can open up the outside jumper, just need the shooters to pull up and make them.

Tigers develop perimeter shooting and they roll.

Jmo

Edited by Silsbee92

Not against any lineup starting but not having Barnes in it is prob a big no no.  Cat can go whole game and he brings the intensity up three fold when he's in.

Needs playing time to develop some more but he can open up the outside jumper, just need the shooters to pull up and make them.

Tigers develop perimeter shooting and they roll.

Jmo

I have no problem with Barnes starting,  I thought he was quite capable of starting last year.   The only problem at all. Is just figuring out who those starters will be with so many capable.  We have Michael McCain, Tre Grubbs and Dontre Thomas all but guaranteed starting spots. Then you have Kolton Mackey, Bruce Newton, Trejan Harris that were the three that filled those other two spots most of the time.  Then you had Ricky Maze, Kaylon Barnes and Luke Tanton who all played key minutes last year.  All of these return. I think for the regular season we only had 11 players, graduated 1 and 1 transferred.  If I have forgotten anyone please remind me.  If you add both the expected freshman to the varsity Devon McCain and Jordyn Adams(hope that's the right first name),  we have 11 players plus you have 3 that came up for the playoffs in Bass, Adonis and Tre Lowe.  That would give 14 without the possible rumored move in. I think most of the time with even 15 players Coach Sigler would get them pretty good playing time with possibly 3 solid groups just because of the way he has rotated in groups of 5 in the past.  He could go 3 minutes first team, 3 minutes second team and 2 minutes third team each quarter unless the game dictated otherwise. Good problem to have in some ways.  It's up to the players to look towards the team instead of themselves.   That was a strong point last  year, let's hope it is this year.   As far as those other two starting spots,  if that one rumored transfer was to happen it would be down to one open spot and filling it would be a tough decision.  One I am sure the coaches would love to have to make.

Edited by ST413