Kountze vs. Silsbee, with some HJ talk

Before last season, I predicted Silsbee would not lose more than 3 district games in 5 years.  After last season, for my prediction to be correct, they cannot lose more than 2 district games before this year's freshman class graduates.  And I would still gladly make that bet.  And if anyone takes it, you'd better hope they lose at least one this year...

​TxHoops, this kind of talk will make you an HJ hater and one with no knowledge of high school basketball.

You have crossed the proverbial line. You are now on the dark side.

​TxHoops, this kind of talk will make you an HJ hater and one with no knowledge of high school basketball.

You have crossed the proverbial line. You are now on the dark side.

No question.  I have been "drinking the Silsbee kool aid" and have lost touch with reality.  

Actually, as you know, in reality I have no real rooting interest to choose one school over the other.  I know kids that I really like at both schools and want to do well.  And I like and respect both coaches.  I am a big fan of Clay Davis' both on and off the court.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  Won't be the first or the last time.  But I do call 'em like I see 'em.  

The only problem with AAW and ST413 putrid attempt at sandbagging is that there have been no guarantees of state trips, district titles, or 100 points every night made by HJ fans.  Instead of sandbagging it comes across as more bi-polar-ish.  The 2015 regional finalist have everyone back and add one of the most highly touted groups of freshmen this area has heard about in a long time.  Silsbee is not sneaking up on anyone.  It would be silly not to consider them the heavy heavy favorites to represent region 3 in San Antonio this year.

The only problem with AAW and ST413 putrid attempt at sandbagging is that there have been no guarantees of state trips, district titles, or 100 points every night made by HJ fans.  Instead of sandbagging it comes across as more bi-polar-ish.  The 2015 regional finalist have everyone back and add one of the most highly touted groups of freshmen this area has heard about in a long time.  Silsbee is not sneaking up on anyone.  It would be silly not to consider them the heavy heavy favorites to represent region 3 in San Antonio this year.

I agree they have a great chance to get to SA.  But any team at state will be a huge underdog to Bridgeport.  Luckily, Devonte Patterson will graduate next Spring.  Then again, I wouldn't be shocked if Cuban's brother in law reloads. 

​I am basing my thoughts off the fact that HJ won the last game and lost to Sterling by less points than Silsbee lost to Sterling. That's what counts, doesn't it?

Interesting

I guess we can look forward to no more "get back on topic" warnings right?

Instead moderators will just adjust the topics from here on out.

Because we know that the moderators uphold the same standards for all posters regardless of who they are, where they come from, what school they support, or even if it is a down time of year and they are just looking to get some action on the site, right?

Interesting

I guess we can look forward to no more "get back on topic" warnings right?

Instead moderators will just adjust the topics from here on out.

Because we know that the moderators uphold the same standards for all posters regardless of who they are, where they come from, what school they support, or even if it is a down time of year and they are just looking to get some action on the site, right?

​Correct