What happened to the Crosby thread ?

Not so fast, Crosby will have their shot at Humble (pie) in district. First matter of business is "B" slappin' the triangle Dawgs and sending a message to them boys east of Trinity that 21-5A owns them. BTW nobody cares who you root for or want a curse on, bigger problems to worry about in the great oasis called Vidor, like beating The powerhouse Lumberton to stay out the cellar!!

IMO 21-5A will be lucky to win two first round games.  And that great oasis you speak of b-slapped the Cougars last time they played. 

Edited by REBgp
Fat fingered Dist #

IMO 22-5A will be lucky to win two first round games.  And that great oasis you speak of b-slapped the Cougars last time they played. 

That's a great comparison of an unprepared Flanigan team of 5 yrs ago to this squad, Please. Vidor would give up a Benjamin if Crosby sees them this season. Too bad that matchup ain't happenin' though. 

I got BH in the playoffs so a Black Pearl vs Cougar game is a possibility. BH  should be a descent team this year and I look for them to compete for 4th place. Haven't looked but I think the only teams they didn't beat last year where CK Crosby Dayton KP. Those where all playoff teams and I think KP lost a ton while BH returns most of their better players.

Edited by bronco pride

That's a great comparison of an unprepared Flanigan team of 5 yrs ago to this squad, Please. Vidor would give up a Benjamin if Crosby sees them this season. Too bad that matchup ain't happenin' though. 

Good possibility it will happen and considering the powerhouse y'all have this year, not with the same results as the last encounter.  One reason, Vidor lost its recruiter.  Heard he went back to sacking groceries at Market Basket.  Seems Recruiting is hades on poor towns.   A double edge sword.  Get cut with one side and cut with the other lol.  

Good luck to y'all this year.  Should go deep.  Evadale has Iola in their Dist which for 2A compares to Crosby, so we'll get handed our Benjamin there.  Still, it's HS football time.  Let the games begin. 

I got BH in the playoffs so a Black Pearl vs Cougar game is a possibility. BH  should be a descent team this year and I look for them to compete for 4th place. Haven't looked but I think the only teams they didn't beat last year where CK Crosby Dayton KP. Those where all playoff teams and I think KP lost a ton while BH returns most of their better players.

I've been on them the last couple of years when they've finished one spot out , but this year I think they'll be doing well to finish 6th. Yeah, they only lost those 4 district games but their closest loss was 15 points to KP. The other three games they were blown out. Two of their wins were NC by 8 and by 4 at home to Humble. I think in DC's they only bring back like 8 or 9 total starters? 

Someone from BH told me Gage might retire after this year too. I think it's the end of his contract? Kids might not be as dialed in as past years. 

I've been on them the last couple of years when they've finished one spot out , but this year I think they'll be doing well to finish 6th. Yeah, they only lost those 4 district games but their closest loss was 15 points to KP. The other three games they were blown out. Two of their wins were NC by 8 and by 4 at home to Humble. I think in DC's they only bring back like 8 or 9 total starters? 

Someone from BH told me Gage might retire after this year too. I think it's the end of his contract? Kids might not be as dialed in as past years. 

​thought the good folks in Mont Belvieu would've gotten a new HC long time ago….. 

DC actually shows BH returning 12 starters but you never know how accurate those are. NC has a ways to go IMO and Humble always seems to fade as the season wears on. BH catches Humble late which is why I think they could beat Humble again this year. All this could go out the window when the season starts though. I do think their is a huge gap between the top 3 teams and whoever finishes 4th. I also heard RG will be leaving after this year.

Edited by bronco pride

DC actually shows BH returning 12 starters but you never know how accurate those are. NC has a ways to go IMO and Humble always seems to fade as the season wears on. BH catches Humble late which is why I think they could beat Humble again this year. All this could go out the window when the season starts though. I do think their is a huge gap between the top 3 teams and whoever finishes 4th. I also heard RG will be leaving after this year.

I think NC is closer than BH, plus they return even more starters. NC has a solid qb returning plus a FBS wide receiver and running back. They were just young last year and were running a new offense after Ware transferred in from St. Pius. Humble is going to have the best defense in the district IMO. A better defense than the one that only allowed 2 of 10 opponents to score over 20 points, meaning if they could've averaged 21ppg there was a good possibility of them finishing 8-2 last year.  I think Humble puts it together this year gets in. 

BH lost their offensive core players and one of the dads told me they were only going to average about 220-230 on the lines of scrimmage. I'll be surprised if BH does anything more than 5-5. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Crosby doesn't make it to their goal again this year. Code Red will just be another woulda, coulda, shoulda  disappointment , but we had 6 kids with D1 offers, I can hear the excuses now. Hell starting to sound like the Summer Creek chuckers. Smh

That has got to be the dumbest post ever made.  All the players and coaches know this is a new year and they are playing one game at at a time.  Sports writers have them ranked high so you are hating on them.  You guys hated on SC when they were winning and now you hate on Crosby.  Please keep up with the dumb posts.  It shows your intelligence or lack there of.

That has got to be the dumbest post ever made.  All the players and coaches know this is a new year and they are playing one game at at a time.  Sports writers have them ranked high so you are hating on them.  You guys hated on SC when they were winning and now you hate on Crosby.  Please keep up with the dumb posts.  It shows your intelligence or lack there of.

actually I hated on them (plus fans) when they were winning cause I knew what would happen 2nd round of the playoffs, I cant say I was wrong, it happened like I thought it would, another annual 2nd round loss. 

just had to clarify. :)

I do not think its a hatred for Crosby.. It's just fun to jab with a few that are hardcore Crosby fans... Honestly, without Plus1, 14.2, etc, this would have been a very boring few weeks... It's all fun and games. Not gloating, but I promise my football IQ is top notch as well... Just jabbing with a few... Dish it out, take it in... Makes for Orville Redenbacher stock to stay up....

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Crosby doesn't make it to their goal again this year. Code Red will just be another woulda, coulda, shoulda  disappointment , but we had 6 kids with D1 offers, I can hear the excuses now. Hell starting to sound like the Summer Creek chuckers. Smh

Lol, that wouldn't be considered going out on a limb. Saying you don't think Crosby will be one of the best two teams in the state is probably 99% of the state's opinion. Like I keep reminding people, Crosby is only hoping to get one game further. SC was saying this stuff after a second round loss.