What happened to the Crosby thread ?

Who cares who roots against Crosby.  No hard feelings one way or the other.  It's called competition, we root for Crosby and against the competition.  Pick a team and root for them.  Or be like the one PNG guy and claim you have a relative in every school that's advancing in the playoffs.  

​I hope so. If you ride by the majority of apartment complexes in East Harris County you'll see the big banners that say "move in special" hanging on the side of the complex. Crosby is no different than North Shore, Channelview, Pasadena, Humble and Sheldon in that aspect. All I heard is that they're both special players whose parents' chose to continue their education at Crosby High School.

All I have to say is we've had kiddos xfer to Dayt in the past=good kids,lately a few have left,some have come back=I ain't mad I just want to find a qb w/leadership abilities,and someone that can fix run defense

You know coug14 you are basically responsible for making most people on here root against Crosby right??

You know My Two Cents, more people would root against Vidor if y'all won games. Basically my statement from 3 years ago is still true.

People rooting against Crosby produced a 13-2 record last year. Maybe if y'all root a little harder this year we can get to 16-0. 

#plusone

​I don't think that would happen for a long while due to the enrollment caps going up in the future. I think a few re-alignments from now Crosby will be around 1850-2000 kids but the 5A cap will probably be around 2300 by then. Probably won't get there in the next decade, instead just becoming one of the big 5A's like George Ranch and Elkins are now.

Are all the classifications moving up that fast, or primarily 5A?

Also, GREAT looking stadium y'all building.   

• 2 weeks later...

He was hurt at the start of last season. He is just as you heard. This will be his third year starting at LB. Landon Brown is the other starting inside LB,  just as good. He is recovering from off-season shoulder surgery but will be ready. 

Only the logical question right? In the same post you're referring to he also said Netherly had to come in and finish Port Lavaca off. A game we were up 29-0 at the half? 

I can understand his opinion but mine is still that the staff plays the best option. I do think Mannie has the ability to have a 3000+/1000+ type senior season though. 

Just curious. If you've never seen Harrison play, how could you state in another post that Netherly should be playing QB over Cotton ?

If you read my original post, I was stating to not close the door on talent moving into the district. That's ludacris to me to turn around a legitimate QB that could stretch the field. What if you could keep Netherly at receiver his senior year and air it out. Your talking like we have a QB that's just lighting it up. From the eye test of the games I seen Netherly at QB it seems to me that he's more talented. I missed games last year because of work, but I won't miss any this year.  Sorry I missed Harrison. What's your opinion Cougforever?

Coach Rio will make the best decision for winning games. Since you asked though, I would keep Cotton at QB. He led the team to the state finals his first year starting at the varsity level. Leave Netherly at receiver to do his thing. That is where he will most likely get recruited for anyways. 

Coach Rio will make the best decision for winning games. Since you asked though, I would keep Cotton at QB. He led the team to the state finals his first year starting at the varsity level. Leave Netherly at receiver to do his thing. That is where he will most likely get recruited for anyways. 

Cotton is a great athlete and makes plays with his feet. But he scares me when he has to put the ball in the air. Riordan isn't exempt from critics. Even the great Bill Belichick has been questioned about personnel moves, but only thing that quiets critics is to just win baby win and that's what Crosby did last year. I've been ready to talk Crosby football since I left Austin. This will be an exciting year.

Cotton is your number one guy and the team leader, followed by Mannie for the option, then when you want to smooth run 'em over Jr Alec Lewis is your guy, but don't sleep on Soph Houser getting a little action in some mop ups (preferably Nederland would be a great time to audition for the future). I'm tellin' you boys, this team is loaded. Last year was just the foundation of what's going on down on  FM 2100, oh and then you throw in the backfield, O-line, defense, special teams, and the best coaches in the State, now that's a recipe for success. It's no mystery why houses are going up and neighborhoods are being formed at an exponential rate, after all this is Texas, home of the best high school football in the country. SO grab your popcorn, sit back, relax, and enjoy the second coming of the GREATEST SHOW ON TURF.... #plusone  

You know coug14 you are basically responsible for making most people on here root against Crosby right??

Actually, its probably because people are just compassionate and hate to kick fans when they are down so they go after the head of the pack. Which is good news for you, No boot Marks!!

Good point buddy........only difference is you hope they didn't curse themselves. I hope they did. Some humble pie will do em some good IMO.

Not so fast, Crosby will have their shot at Humble (pie) in district. First matter of business is "B" slappin' the triangle Dawgs and sending a message to them boys east of Trinity that 21-5A owns them. BTW nobody cares who you root for or want a curse on, bigger problems to worry about in the great oasis called Vidor, like beating The powerhouse Lumberton to stay out the cellar!!

Good point buddy........only difference is you hope they didn't curse themselves. I hope they did. Some humble pie will do em some good IMO.

Crosby fans being what you perceive as humble has 0 bearing on the outcome of a game the kids play in. What some of us say may be tough to listen to but that's probably because it's true. The same people here that think controlled speech would be a good thing for some of our fans are the same people that would have a problem if their speech were to be controlled, if you know what I mean.