What happened to the Crosby thread ?

all that talent and still have not won anything.............

​Nothing except the region last year. If that's nothing you must really think PNG sucks. . . . or either you think they don't have much talent. You would be correct in both cases.

Edited by coog02

• 2 weeks later...

Heard two from King moved to Crosby. They get a "move in special"?

​I hope so. If you ride by the majority of apartment complexes in East Harris County you'll see the big banners that say "move in special" hanging on the side of the complex. Crosby is no different than North Shore, Channelview, Pasadena, Humble and Sheldon in that aspect. All I heard is that they're both special players whose parents' chose to continue their education at Crosby High School.

Edited by coog02

​I hope so. If you ride by the majority of apartment complexes in East Harris County you'll see the big banners that say "move in special" hanging on the side of the complex. Crosby is no different than North Shore, Channelview, Pasadena, Humble and Sheldon in that aspect. All I heard is that they're both special players whose parents' chose to continue their education at Crosby High School.

Just find the timing a little suspicious. When they were raised their whole lives in Sheldon.. (This is what was told to me anyway)

Just find the timing a little suspicious. When they were raised their whole lives in Sheldon.. (This is what was told to me anyway)

​Well April, Crosby is growing pretty fast. I don't think it's suspicious for parents to move their kids 15 minutes up the road, maybe they didn't like the inner-city environment anymore. It just happens to be a coincidence that they're 300lb monsters that will bolster Crosby's offensive and defensive lines.

Who cares why they moved. If this area is ever going to beat the metroplex teams in December, we need lots of move ins. That's what they do up north. School as success, kids begin to move in. I say bring them on. Lets build a contender in Crosby!

​The myopic small-town mentality is what's getting the teams around here killed come playoff time. "We're going to win with our guys or I would rather lose" .  .  . and they do. As long as the rules are followed there should be no dissension.

If you look around the state you'll see Allen has a new qb that transferred all the way from Minnesota and is an Oregon commit already. Dee Anderson may be the best receiver in the state and he just transferred from W. Mesquite to Desoto. Kaegun Williams had a 1000/1000 season last year at Stephenville and transferred to Cedar Hill along with Michael Clark from Sachse. Christian Wallace is a beast who transferred from Sealy to Katy Tompkins recently. On a lesser scale PLC's qb, who was by for their best player, transferred to Victoria West for his senior season.  I could go on and on from just the last couple of months alone.

I hope people realize this is the way the game is played now. Especially at the big ISD schools.

​Well April, Crosby is growing pretty fast. I don't think it's suspicious for parents to move their kids 15 minutes up the road, maybe they didn't like the inner-city environment anymore. It just happens to be a coincidence that they're 300lb monsters that will bolster Crosby's offensive and defensive lines.

OK cougar14.. I see your banishment has been lifted. Until the next time.

• 2 weeks later...

​Cool,differant roads in & out,2100 has growth everywhere

​The new school is being built to house nearly 3000 kids. I think that tells you what kind of growth the district is expecting in Crosby. The stadium will be nice once it's completed but I think the other facilities will be even better.

​The new school is being built to house nearly 3000 kids. I think that tells you what kind of growth the district is expecting in Crosby. The stadium will be nice once it's completed but I think the other facilities will be even better.

​so when Crosby going 6A?

​so when Crosby going 6A?

​I don't think that would happen for a long while due to the enrollment caps going up in the future. I think a few re-alignments from now Crosby will be around 1850-2000 kids but the 5A cap will probably be around 2300 by then. Probably won't get there in the next decade, instead just becoming one of the big 5A's like George Ranch and Elkins are now.