What do I mean by "multi-school" districts? I mean- "more than one high school".  What do you mean by "single high school" districts? 1-3 high schools? Single typically means "one", while multiple typically means "more than one"

Back to the orginal argument.

DFW Football > GHA football

"In the higher levels(6A/5A) the SMALLER(1-3 HS districts) have advantages over multiple HS Districts(4+)

The TOP teams in Dallas are from "smaller" districts. They don't open a new HS to dilute talent like they do in GHA.  DFW has more "History", because outside of Katy, the GHA "powers" are usually less than 15 years old.

That is the point I'm making. DFW Multi-school (1-3) isnt the same as GHA multi-school (5-10)

Out of that list Allen is the only one that could be broken up. All other districts are to small to have multiple high schools because they serve just their town not the surrounding area like Katy and Fort Bend. Frisco does and they are building high school 11. Houston does not have these small town districts which is why there are more multiple HS districts. South Houston does but they still don't win.

Aledo is growing, Cedar Hill is barely 6A, and Denton is building number 4. Trinity does not have 9th graders and their JHs are split with Bell yet they win.

As for numbers DFW have more that are involved. Aledo with 1500 students has 200 playing football with 5 teams. If you include Stephenville with 1000 students they also have 5 teams. That is why DFW is successful.

The Quad County JH league is my base example and has schools offering 3 teams per grade level. Granbury has 2 JHs with 1800 students in the HS still offers 3 teams per grade level for each of their JHs. I know here teams offer two teams. I don't what suburban Houston offers for teams.

That falls under Participation numbers....Skyline has 4000+ Students, yet suit up 44 players on varsity.

you should have asked the coach why participation numbers are low and then had him look in the mirror. Grew up in the NS area and have seen more big time talent come through there than any school in this region the last 15 years or so. When you consistently get outcoached kids lose interest. Program and coaching go hand in hand with winning and participation.

True....I was hearing that a lot...right up until a fan attacked Aymond after a loss.

Name all the "one school" districts that don't have room to grow. DFW and Houston have the same amount of multi-school districts.

Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, HEB, and Carroll are built out. They can still grow but not to the point of needing another school. Highland Park is the opposite but even if they needed another school they have no land to build it.

All other districts already have multiple schools or are 5A and expanding where eventually they will.

True....I was hearing that a lot...right up until a fan attacked Aymond after a loss.

that was a bad deal. To bad that guy didn't try that with Ernie Starnes. Graduated in 68 from NS with my dad and made CK a powerhouse in the 80's. What Ernie lacked in size he made up with toughness and would have stuck his foot up that guys arse.

Back to the orginal argument.

DFW Football > GHA football

"In the higher levels(6A/5A) the SMALLER(1-3 HS districts) have advantages over multiple HS Districts(4+)

The TOP teams in Dallas are from "smaller" districts. They don't open a new HS to dilute talent like they do in GHA. DFW has more "History", because outside of Katy, the GHA "powers" are usually less than 15 years old.

That is the point I'm making. DFW Multi-school (1-3) isnt the same as GHA multi-school (5-10)

But the difference there is district area. In Houston districts are larger. Cedar Hill, Duncanville, DeSoto, and SOC attendance zone are each their own district. Combined their area is about the size of Aldine. Cy-Fair would take up half of north Dallas. You mention how DFW districts have less high schools but if someone did the math thoroughly the proportion for high school attendance area would probably be less in DFW than in Houston. Houston is larger and more spread out than DFW.

Cedar Hill is growing rapidly and has plenty of room to grow. Desoto has plenty of room to grow. HEB is a multi-school district. You can say that HP, SC and Duncanville are boxed in but SC is still growing rapidly. In Houston, LaPorte, Sheldon, Deer Park, Stafford are all boxed in. So Houston has more 5A/6A schools that "cant grow".

Cedar Hill is growing rapidly and has plenty of room to grow. Desoto has plenty of room to grow. HEB is a multi-school district. You can say that HP, SC and Duncanville are boxed in but SC is still growing rapidly. In Houston, LaPorte, Sheldon, Deer Park, Stafford are all boxed in. So Houston has more 5A/6A schools that "cant grow".

Somebody else used HEB but they will never grow beyond two schools. Cedar Hill is not growing rapidly they are barely at 2000 students. DeSoto is boxed in.

Mansfield is the area in South Dallas that is growing.

Houston is not more "spread out" than DFW. Driver from Rockwall to Aledo and report back on your findings. Houston has fewer people than DFW and therefore has fewer schools in general. DFW has more multi-school large districts than Houston as well. How large are Irving, Arlington, Garland, Lewisville, Keller, FT Worth, Dallas, Richardson, Plano districts

Houston is not more "spread out" than DFW. Driver from Rockwall to Aledo and report back on your findings. Houston has fewer people than DFW and therefore has fewer schools in general. DFW has more multi-school large districts than Houston as well. How large are Irving, Arlington, Garland, Lewisville, Keller, FT Worth, Dallas, Richardson, Plano districts

I lived there I don't like using DFW. I split them up. Fort Worth is more spread out but Dallas is bunched together. South Dallas in particular. In houston there would one or two districts but dallas has six or seven.

Comparison of districts: Houston ISD-DISD, Cy-Fair- Ft. Worth ISD, Ft Bend ISD-Arlington ISD, Aldine-Garland, Clear Creek-Frisco, Katy-Lewisville, Pasadena-Irving. Explain how Houston has more large districts....

If you don't like using DFW then don't use Cy-Fair, Katy, or Ft. Bend when discussing Houston. Only utilize HISD and Aldine. In addition, do not use Allen, Plano, Aledo or Southlake for Dallas.

This whole argument pointless. The fact of the matter is Fort Worth and Dallas separately are better in football than all of Houston. It would be the same no matter the state games are played. There are probably a thousand different explanations from money to numbers to parental influence to even now one school or multiple school districts. It could be a combination but the point is right now Houston needs to catch up. You can say it's new schools but Guyer just opened Brock just started and Aledo moved from 3A to 4A in 2002 and has won 5 championships with 3 or 4 semi finals appearances.

If you don't like using DFW then don't use Cy-Fair, Katy, or Ft. Bend when discussing Houston. Only utilize HISD and Aldine. In addition, do not use Allen, Plano, Aledo or Southlake for Dallas.

Cy Fair, Katy and Ft. Bend are Houston. Allen and Plano are Dallas. Aledo and Southlake are Ft. Worth. Y'all refer to it as DFW so I reply as such.

And for future reference as of 2010 census, DFW has 5.1 million people with an area of 1779 square miles. Houston has 4.9 million with an area of 1660 square miles. Pretty close.

As for the post above you just used number of high schools per district. Look at land area as well. Fort Worth is building another school not because of growth but by force. I guess that changes your list.

Take "Dallas" "Ft. Worth" and "Houston" out of the Equation....DISD, FWISD and HISD aren't producing Championsips.

Allen- Allen,Tx....Allen ISD.....one HS

Trinity- Euless, Tx......HEBISD.....two HS

SLC- SouthLake TX.....SLISD...one HS

Cedar Hill-Cedar Hill TX....CHISD...one HS

Those are the recent Champs from "DFW AREA" on the top level

Outside of Katy...there arent many Recent Champs....Pearland(2 HS) DeKaney(3 HS) so teams from GHA that have made it to state recently:

Cy-Ranch- Cypress TX ...Cy-Fair ISD....10 HS

Lamar- Houston TX.....HISD.....10 HS

Hightower- Missouri City Tx...Ft bend ISD....11 HS

The smaller your district...the better your chances...especially in a MAJOR metroplex.

I meant at the 6A level. Many of the 1 school districts in DFW don't have room to grow. The ones that do already have multiple schools. Once again Allen is the exception.
5A is different because these schools are on the outskirts. Aledo is planning on eventually having 5 or 6. Argyle, Celina, and Melissa are also growing exponentially.

Technically Allen has also been split when they built Lovejoy. It's not a true split like Plano but Allen would probably be close to 7000 kids if there was no Lovejoy.

What criterion do you want to use? In two more years Houston may win more championships. In the last 25 years the disparity between championships from DFW to Houston is the same as the difference in population. Also, Trinity has not won it since 2009 and SC since 2011. What specific time frame do you want to use? Katy was the Dave Campbell team of the decade for 2000-2010. You based your whole argument on 4 teams, two of which have not won since Katy's last championship. You also, conveniently leave Guyer out. 

What criterion do you want to use? In two more years Houston may win more championships. In the last 25 years the disparity between championships from DFW to Houston is the same as the difference in population. Also, Trinity has not won it since 2009 and SC since 2011. What specific time frame do you want to use? Katy was the Dave Campbell team of the decade for 2000-2010. You based your whole argument on 4 teams, two of which have not won since Katy's last championship. You also, conveniently leave Guyer out. 

Many times I've said with the "Exception" of Katy, and even posted an article saying the same thing. Katy's lay out with "old katy" and "Katy proper" has kept them with the "One HS" type theme. But now, with schools being built(Morton Ranch and HS # just breaking ground) Katy's day's are numbered. There is a GOOD possibility that Houston will get another title the next two year's but WHO besides KATY? Also, from 2000-2010 when Katy was named team of the Decade, they were rewarded by having Cinco Ranch, Seven Lakes, Morton Ranch, Tompkins, and HS# 8 being built, years of rezoning...etc. Something the powers up north dont have to worry about. When you move your Kid to Allen to play Pee Wee football....you know what HS he will go to in about 5 years...not the case in Houston