High Island 10 Hull-Daisetta 1/Final

Very poor fielding and very few hits, fraunberger pitched well until 7th he sratrted getting tired freshman Fregia finished tje game on the mound with two strikeouts.Senior Budro had a good day at the plate. Freshman Fregia had a solid game at shortstop and at the plate.Congratsto the cardinals on the win.

first of I never really post besides scores or if I need games but High Island is not garbage, Coach Taylor has done a great job down on the island he has produced back to back playoff teams and has the chance to get back again this year, he has put together some teams that shouldnt be able to compete because of the lack of enrollment and has won so for you to call HI garbage is a slap in the face to the school, Coach Taylor, and those kids.  

first of I never really post besides scores or if I need games but High Island is not garbage, Coach Taylor has done a great job down on the island he has produced back to back playoff teams and has the chance to get back again this year, he has put together some teams that shouldnt be able to compete because of the lack of enrollment and has won so for you to call HI garbage is a slap in the face to the school, Coach Taylor, and those kids.  

Well actually no that wan't a stab at the coach at all.  I'm sure he is doing well with what he has to work with.  But I'm not gonna say that they're aren't a garbage team because they are terrible.  Well...based on scores I've seen anyway. If that offends you then you'll just have to deal with it.  Just because a team makes the playoffs doesn't mean they are good.  How has High Island done against Big Sandy or Evadale the last 3 years.  Because honestly...those are the only 2 decent teams in that district.  Other than those two that district hasn't produced a playoff win since when?...  Yeah exactly.

And my point was...HD almost got run ruled by them.  And ole 55 is hiding.  As usual.

To call a bunch of high school kids garbage, that is pretty darn pathetic..smdh

Ok they aren't garbage.  How about terrible?..  can I use that word.

And I'm not talking about the kids I'm talking about the overall baseball team.  Which is bad.  There's nothing wrong with saying that.  People said all year last year that the Astros were terrible.  And they are all professional athletes.  Some of the best in the world.

Well actually no that wan't a stab at the coach at all.  I'm sure he is doing well with what he has to work with.  But I'm not gonna say that they're aren't a garbage team because they are terrible.  Well...based on scores I've seen anyway. If that offends you then you'll just have to deal with it.  Just because a team makes the playoffs doesn't mean they are good.  How has High Island done against Big Sandy or Evadale the last 3 years.  Because honestly...those are the only 2 decent teams in that district.  Other than those two that district hasn't produced a playoff win since when?...  Yeah exactly.

And my point was...HD almost got run ruled by them.  And ole 55 is in the dark.  As usual.

You continue to make those kind of comments, your time here will be very short.

Just not necessary to call a high school team "garbage".

Fair enough.

I'm about to start pointing out every time a degrading comment is made toward a coach, player, or team.

Be my guest. Get ready to point out your own posts since 90% of them are knocking, degrading or some way negative towards a team or area.

Calling a team not very good, bad or even terrible is just not the same as calling them garbage.

Be my guest.

Calling a team not very good, bad or even terrible is just not the same as calling them garbage.

So me saying that HD got beat by a team that is not very good, bad, and terrible... is ok?  As long as I don't say garbage.  I kind of figured it pretty much meant the same thing.  But ok. Here this should be better.

Typical. HD gets beat by a TERRIBLE team and 55 is nowhere to be found. What happened to all that playoff talk? Or is High Island a "state power" now too?

So me saying that HD got beat by a team that is not very good, bad, and terrible... is ok?  As long as I don't say garbage.  I kind of figured it pretty much meant the same thing.  But ok. Here this should be better.

Typical. HD gets beat by a TERRIBLE team and 55 is nowhere to be found. What happened to all that playoff talk? Or is High Island a "state power" now too?

How about just stating the HD got beat by 9 runs to High Island and leave it at that?

Wait, that's just not your style. Not negative enough. :rolleyes:

How about just stating the HD got beat by 9 runs to High Island and leave it at that?

Wait, that's just not your style. Not negative enough. :rolleyes:

Maybe if this site was dfw/easttexassports.com he could be a little less brash. I'll see if I can find the link to that site and send it to old school.

Well actually no that wan't a stab at the coach at all. I'm sure he is doing well with what he has to work with. But I'm not gonna say that they're aren't a garbage team because they are terrible. Well...based on scores I've seen anyway. If that offends you then you'll just have to deal with it. Just because a team makes the playoffs doesn't mean they are good. How has High Island done against Big Sandy or Evadale the last 3 years. Because honestly...those are the only 2 decent teams in that district. Other than those two that district hasn't produced a playoff win since when?... Yeah exactly.

And my point was...HD almost got run ruled by them. And ole 55 is hiding. As usual.

And here I thought everyone was laughing at ME for some of my posts. Give it a break, man! You have so little else going on in your life that you have to run down an entire baseball program and the kids in it? You've made a point alright, but I don't think it was the one you originally intended........... Good Day:)

I got to meet Coach Taylor a couple years ago when I was coaching.  He is a very nice young man, that has worked hard to instill a new culture.  He really does the best with what he has, and you always have to respect the Cardinals.  It will be interesting to see who gets that last playoff spot in 25-2A.  I really think it is going to be a fun race to watch.

I got to meet Coach Taylor a couple years ago when I was coaching. He is a very nice young man, that has worked hard to instill a new culture. He really does the best with what he has, and you always have to respect the Cardinals. It will be interesting to see who gets that last playoff spot in 25-2A. I really think it is going to be a fun race to watch.

I agree. Granted all I know about this district is from what I've read on here. Y'all have had some wild variations in scores from game to game. At the very least it sounds like there's never a dull moment lol.....

High Island plays hard, and with alot of heart, and no kid nor team should be called garbage by a grown man! Anyone who knows baseball knows that anything can happen on the baseball field that is why the game is played.

I commend the kids for playing hard. And I commend the coach for getting that out of them. But playing hard doesn't mean you are good.  A lot of kids play hard that are just awful. And unfortunately a lot of kids do not play hard that are pretty talented.

And I didn't call a kid garbage.  Nor did I call the coach garbage. I was referring to the team as a whole...which I was informed not to do. Whatever.  There is no difference than me saying that the Houston Texans were garbage this year. Did I single anyone out? Nope. Did I call out the coach? Nope. I am inferring that their team for this particular season was terrible. And it is literally a team of professional football players and coaches.  Literally the best in the world at this particular time in their profession.

Good and bad are both relative terms.  Relative to 2A baseball in Texas this year....sorry but High Island just happens to be bad.

And anyone that knows anything about baseball...or any other sport...knows that anything can happen if both teams are relatively good, or if both teams are relatively bad.  Example: Hull Daisetta could have played the 2A state champion in football this year 10 times.  And with the exception of failing grades, large quantities of injuries, a mass "walk off", or ineligible players...HD would have gotten absolutely steam rolled 10 times. So no...anything can happen is not always the case.

And anyone that knows anything about baseball knows that a 2A team in baseball with 2 "potential college prospects" on the mound would not give up 10 runs to a team like High Island.