22-5A Standings

No. What I actually meant was exactly what I wrote. Last two games of the season.

"context" ! What was your post in response to , though ?

MTC said : " undefeated district champs "
you said : " you said that last year and then you lost your last two games"

When taken into "context" , it implies that you were both talking about district play NOT playoffs.

SEASON. Meaning they got a little cocky after a great run, some players even tweeted "Undefeated District Champs" prior to that game with LCM, and it bit 'em in the rear. Lossing the last two games of the SEASON. LCM and then the 4 seed KP.
Only one team in each class doesn't lose its last game of the season.

Three games remaining:

Vidor (11-0) - Beaumont Central, Lumberton, Port Neches-Groves

Lumberton (9-2) - Goose Creek Memorial, Vidor, Nederland

Nederland (7-4) - Baytown Lee, Goose Creek Memorial, Lumberton

PNG (7-4) - Beaumont Ozen, Beaumont Central, Vidor

GCM (6-5) - Lumberton, Nederland, Beaumont Ozen

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Vidor, Nederland and PNG win tonight.

If GCM wins tonight it will make things very interesting.
You would have
Vidor 12-0
Lumberton 9-3
Nederland 8-4
PNG 8-4
GCM 7-5

Then say Vidor wins vs Lumberton, GCM wins vs Ned and PNG wins vs Central

You have
Vidor 13-0
Lumberton 9-4
PNG 9-4
Ned 8-5
GCM 8-5

Then if Vidor wins vs PNG, Nederland wins vs Lumberton and GCM wins vs Ozen

You have
Vidor 14-0
Lumberton, PNG, Ned and GCM all at 9-5 and every team won head to head against the other.

With only three teams that can make it in. Should be an intresting week of softball in the district.

Im not Vidor hating. Hows has anything i've written equated to "Vidor Hating". I pointed out facts. Last year they were in a similar position and we heard and read some of these very same things and walla...One and Done. That team is way to talented to lose to a four seed. I'd hope those Vidor folks learned a lesson last year about waiting to boast until the games are all played.

That 4 seed just upset Dayton & lost to BH on a walk off. I wouldn't want to face any of the teams in 21-5A in the first round. BH & Dayton top ten in the state respectively & then throw KWP in the mix. District titles don't mean anything, it's all about that run to Austin.

Lumberton clinched a playoff spot with win over GCM tonight, PNG will clinch a playoff spot if they defeat Central tomorrow and Nederland can clinch a spot with a win over GCM tomorrow.
Lumberton still has a slim chance at a tie for the district championship.
GCM still has not been eliminated.

?????

Anything to say now????

You do realize that the last two games of the season were last district game and one and only playoff game. The season is not relegated to only District. Everyone except the state champ loses the last game of the SEASON.
Vidor Pirate fans get so damn fickle and just jump to conclusions. Let me set this straight for you, Vidor is the top team in this District this year and last year. They are a tremendously talented group of young ladies. I don't think it's a coincidence that Vidor went from the heep to the top of the hill when this senior class stepped on campus four years ago. All that said, last year they got ahead of themselves and it cost them dearly. Hopefully they learned from that mistake and this year they focus on the game ahead and can make a run. Pirate fans getting a little cocky this time around not the players. No tweeting this year. Fortunately the fans don't touch the field!
Good Luck to Kalli, Keeli, McKenzie, Whitney and the rest of the Lady Pirates. Lady Indians got nothing, but respect for you ladies.

Congradulations to the Lady Pirates on a great win!  Hopefully the Lumberton coaching strategy to "not play to win" will not undermind the confidence of the Lady Raiders'  in the upcoming games, they are a much better team than that final score indicates.  It left all the Lumberton seniors with a "great memory" on their one and only Senior Night.  Not saying the Lady Raiders would have won but it could have been a much more competitive game...poltics maybe?  Anyways, good luck to both these teams in the play offs, we are sure they will represent southeast Texas in proud fashion!

Congradulations to the Lady Pirates on a great win!  Hopefully the Lumberton coaching strategy to "not play to win" will not undermind the confidence of the Lady Raiders'  in the upcoming games, they are a much better team than that final score indicates.  It left all the Lumberton seniors with a "great memory" on their one and only Senior Night.  Not saying the Lady Raiders would have won but it could have been a much more competitive game...poltics maybe?  Anyways, good luck to both these teams in the play offs, we are sure they will represent southeast Texas in proud fashion!

lol I find this slightly amusing, slightly insulting and slightly sad for the players, who were also tweeting this type of thing last night (Nederland did it too) that Vidor "won on errors" which a. simply wasn't true b. wouldn't make it sound any better for the losing team and c. is really kind of bad sportsmanship I watched the game and felt the Lumberton girls played pretty well. Kennedy who has struggled hitting this season had an AMAZING hit during the game, Maddie did some great pitching, she didn't get pulled because she was doing poorly but because Vidor had gotten used to her speed and began knocking the hell out of the ball by the fifth inning (something they tend to do). Taylor did a great job pitching when she came in. 

The fact is that Vidor has come up against both Lumberton AND Nederland now 4 times last district season and this district season and won all 4 games, I'm not saying they are so much better than either team but they have beaten them every time they have played them. At some point, it has to come down to more than just your coach making a bad call, the ump making a bad call or your team making errors. Vidor made plenty of errors last night as well... they still ended up winning the game. There are some extremely talented young women throughout this district. Most of whom have played in league and select with one another since they were babies.. let's not belittle any of their abilities or accomplishments with bad sportsmanship. Throughout most of that game last night we ALL thought Lumberton might win it... Vidor did what they do best, came back after the fifth and pulled it out. Congratulations to all the girls! Both teams were AWESOME!

And by the way... Senior nights are great when the home team wins, but they don't always... Vidor lost their Senior night game last year which was not only their senior night/last game of district but also the game that ended their undefeated streak.. if you talk to those seniors now a year later, the night is not ruined, and their memories of high school ball are still cherished. Their memories and the night will be what they and those around them make it.