Best All Around Player

From the Kilgore Web Site: Roy Thomas

http://www.kilgore.edu/contentdetail.asp?ContentID=754

good stuff..!! ;D

And...your point?  I mean, I wish the guy the best at his coaching move, but the point is somebody wanted to compare the two young ladies...it's obvious that most of the people who voted chose B.Scott.  kellum is a good player, but she is not the caliber as B.Scott. 

Baylor?  Why would you go to a juco, when you have offers from Ga.Tech and aspirations to go to Baylor?  Jucos are normally stepping stones and a chance to adjust to the college scene (or step up your game and hope that a college/university notices your talent)...  I am truly not trying to "down" kellum, but you're talking about how great she is and how she's being recruited...why would she choose to go to a juco?  Besides, B.Scott is B.Scott and everyone who has seen both young ladies play can see who is the better all-around player!!! ;)

Well I say Dee Kellum is better than Britney Scott, but just talking about these two girls isn't getting anywhere. They are great scorers, but they are not the best when it comes to all around performance. Ang Green from Silsbee can play anywhere on the court, and Courtney Wilson from Lumberton is a heck of a player also.

Guest bleed orange

I am tired of this "Who's the best", The bottom line is Orangefield and Silsbee are going to the playoffs and that was decided 2 games ago. Kirbyville and West Orange Stark are fighting for their playoff lives. Thats funny none of our kids were mentioned on both teams for " best all around", No disrespect for brittney scott because I know her and she is a awesome basketball player and young lady. Maybe Orangefield and Silsbee win because they don't have " who is the best". But I promise you they do, every girl on both teams. 

Look I don't know the whole story with Kellum, but maybe her grades are an issue here. That's not uncommon at all. Some young ladies have to take that route, nothing to be ashamed of or embarrased about. She can go to Kilgore, get a taste of college life and then go on to a D1 school. I wish her the best of luck, and I wish she would end up at Lamar so we could continue to watch her play. I wish a lot of the local seniors could play at Lamar, man that would be one heck of a team.

Guest bleed orange

The problem is Lamar does not recruit in the goldlen triangle and thats why they suck. Lamar use too and they won. Al Barbe knew this. The current coach does not.

Can you imagine the team Lamar could field if they recruited our local talent. I know Scott is going to Houston, but did Lamar even recruit her. If they didn't that guy is an idiot and from what I've heard he didn't recruit B. James last year either. Take those two along with a Chelsea Pickering, Courtney Wilson, Kristy Sanders, D. Kellum and others and still recruit other areas of the state and country and you have yourself a very competitive team. That could easily compete in the SLC, remember were not talking about the Big 12 or SEC here. I just don't understand it. I would love to go see all our local talent take their games to the next level and be able to do it in our own back yard. You want fan support, recruiting locally sounds like a good place to start.

haha Actually you make no sense 20Fan07, so you go take YOUR posts and shove it. Who cares about your opinion 8)

I dont see how you dont understand my post. Im pointing out how you said B.Scott is not the best all around preformer. I mean she is going to College for it so she obviously is..

I never said that she was not a very good ball player. That would be irrelevant, but no I dont agree that she is the best all around player. Sure she's going to school for it, but there are other players of that caliber that are unsigned. She got the exposure. I'm definitely not trying to take anything away from her. It's all a matter of OPINION.

If you have never seen the teams that play in the conference that Kilgore plays in, I wouldnt talk. Its probably more competitive the Lamar's conference. I know its alot faster game.  Agreat place to start if need be. Know what you are talking about. I watch these conference games twice a week.

Also, Silsbee and Orangefield are very well rounded. They dont have just one player to try and do everything like WOS and Kirbyville. Thats why they are successful and already guaranteed a playoff spot. Its about a TEAM effort.

Obviously, you have never seen WO-S play.  B.Scott is definitely the leader of the team, but she doesn't do it by herself.  If you had any questions about her and the team's caliber, then you should have been at the game tonight.

As for who Kilgore plays...Lamar is irrelevant...she's going to UH!

If you have never seen the teams that play in the conference that Kilgore plays in, I wouldnt talk. Its probably more competitive the Lamar's conference. I know its alot faster game.  Agreat place to start if need be. Know what you are talking about. I watch these conference games twice a week.

Hey why don't you read my post again there buddy!!! I didn't say anything about Kilgore not being a good basketball team or that the junior college level plays bad basketball. I know that's a tough league, hell we have an Orangefield girl that plays at Kilgore. I was simply stating that some young ladies have to take that route. And I was comparing the SLC to the Big 12 and others, not the junior college level. So I will talk because I do know what I'm talking about. Maybe you need to comprehend better what you read before you attack someone on here.

You are right Bobcat...wasnt referring to any of your post. Some of the post seem to schnide the JUCO game and that there may not be the caliber of players there such as Kellum or Scott. I was just trying to say that it is a good place for any kid to start their college playing. I mean, the starting point guard for the Tennessee Lady Vols played in that conference for Trinity Valley for two years. A few names people might recognize that are playing in that conference are, Yoschica Spears, from HJ, Tiffany Johnson from Crockett, and Kirby Myers from Orangefield. Again, all I am trying to say its a decent place to play. When one starts playing any college basketball, one is not in Kansas anymore playing with TOTO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33