-M-ville eliminated

Vincent beat Lumberton
-Vincent in Championship v CO

CO 25
Central 14

Groves v HF for Consolation at 2:15
*groves had to leave so Vidor is back in tourney to play for Consolation

Lumberton plays Central for 3rd

when silsbee 8th grade coach tells co 8trh grade coach we cant play,in the tournament.call it what you want,but this 8th grade group at c.o. has never been scared or not wanted to play silsbee or any other team.we played them several years in L.d. and every game was close & never a blow out & thats the facts.just like the vincent game,c.o. lead at haltime 24-23 & most of the game but vincent made a couple more plays in the last 2 min to get the win 46-44.Silsbee,Vincent,C.O. & the T.J. team are 4 of the best teams in the s.e. tx area.            

Silsbee 8th grade was scheduled for three games on one day, under UIL rules a team can not play three games in a day unless it's a one day tournament. So, when Silsbee called them on their mishap, Nederland called back and said you are left off the schedule. Now, call it what you want, but if you want a chance to win your tournament you fix it so you can.  CO may not be scared and may want to play Silsbee, but they would learn like Vincent and TJ that Silsbee is the best team in SETX.

Im sure the the c.o. coaches tried to work something out,but since you believe & accuse they "fixed" things in their favor this is a useless discussion.No doubt silsbee is a very strong team possibly best in the nation & will win 4 state championships thru high school,but there is a slight chance the players from vincent,T.j. & C.O. could maybe give them a close game & possibly win in the next four years .A real good chance if this "fixing" tourney or game stuff is true?????? :ph34r:      

What was there to work out, Nederland controlled the schedule. Silsbee wanted to play, hence they signed up for the tournament. There was nothing to work out. This was a good tournament with good teams in it, some we have not played.  When Nederland was told about the schedule mishap they had to fix the schedule and in doing so didn't include Silsbee in the re-schedule. Now, why would you not include the top team in SETX? Maybe last in, first out? We just play for the here and now, not worried about the next 4 years.  

A real Middle school tournament in Setx will include Silsbee, TJ, Smith, Vincent, and CO. Silsbee's #11 and #3 are fareal. TJ's #10 is legit based on what I saw against Smith. Smith, Vincent, and CO play a little better as teams. I didnt see players from those teams that I think could dominate. I've seen the 3 above dominate in games. Just my opinion, I've seen Silsbee three times and TJ twice. I would like to see the 10 best from these teams play in a legit aau tourney together.

Its all good,there are definantly a few strong teams T.J.Smith,Vincent in the area with Silsbee leading the way.But to get on this messege board & accuse coaches of fixing,kicking out a team or cheating to win an 8th grade tournament is disrespectful to the school, coaches,parents & most of all the players.I gurantee the  C.O. players work just as hard as any team & wanted to play Silsbee.This 8th grade group of C.O. players has always competed with good teams & would give silsbee a good competitive game just like the Vincent game.       

Well then why was Silsbee left off the schedule? We wanted to play, we signed up to play, we where on the original schedule. Then we bring up their mishap, we didn't want to break any UIL rules. So, Nederland made another schedule and Silsbee was left off. So..........

Well then why was Silsbee left off the schedule? We wanted to play, we signed up to play, we where on the original schedule. Then we bring up their mishap, we didn't want to break any UIL rules. So, Nederland made another schedule and Silsbee was left off. So..........

are you the silsbee 8th grade coach?

Sounds like you want to be or you stay right in his back pocket to know the exact details of his tournament talks with other coaches.C.O. asked Silsbee to play,Silsbee was on the schedule,teams had problems with the schedule,not sure what was discussed with the actual  coaches after that.But to get on here & make negative accusations about a coach & his team is a joke.     

No you dont need to be the coach because a good coach does not get on a messege forum making accusations of other coaches "fixing",cheating or dropping teams from tournaments so they can win.The c.o. coaches are good men too & have a honest explanation what happened.Like i said before its disrespectful to them, their players & parents making negative statements.I know a little about "the game" also & if playing some c.o. kids is what you want than i can arrange that thru a friendly scrimmage type game one sat.  or if your kid plays aau\select ball the c.o. kids aau\ select team would gladly play your kids aau\select team.just let me know so i can get my home gym & my home cooking personal friend refs set up........ :ph34r:

Mike"THE FIXER"Hiltz