Hull-Daisetta QB

There are lots of schools in East Texas and DFW metroplex that aren't rich per say that have built or are currently building state of the art facilities....it's called prioritizing!

You might want check where they got the money. Crockett (I know),  I think Colmesneil, Rusk, maybe Teneha(they did have deep playoff runs so maybe not) got their new gyms from the government. They have to take hurricane victims. They were not the only ones that built with government money. If you get new facilities you get money from the government, have a large business(coal, oil, or technology) move in, or you make lots of deep runs in football playoffs. Bonds are a hard sell to most communities, it does happen, but not a lot of times. I know East Bernard tried to get new facilities after their state championship year and the school board told the coaches if they won with the old facilities, why did they need new ones? The bond failed. 

You might want check where they got the money. Crockett (I know), I think Colmesneil, Rusk, maybe Teneha(they did have deep playoff runs so maybe not) got their new gyms from the government. They have to take hurricane victims. They were not the only ones that built with government money. If you get new facilities you get money from the government, have a large business(coal, oil, or technology) move in, or you make lots of deep runs in football playoffs. Bonds are a hard sell to most communities, it does happen, but not a lot of times. I know East Bernard tried to get new facilities after their state championship year and the school board told the coaches if they won with the old facilities, why did they need new ones? The bond failed.

Oh I totally agree with you DS. I'm just comparing this area to other areas of the state(when it comes to facilities.) You think a lot of schools in this area haven't gotten gov't bread? You've just got to spend your gov't bread on what you deem important. Obviously the schools in this area don't think having first class football facilities are important.

Many of the HD citizens have been talking about wanting a bond to build a new football stadium. Anderson-Shiro and San Augustine are two small schools that have passed bonds recently, in regards to new football stadiums and facilities. Data shows most bonds are passing at a very high percentage. Schools are passing bonds to not only build a football stadium, but to build facilities across the board. The majority of HD citizens feel our kids deserve new facilities, especially a football/baseball complex. We are talking about a persons taxes only going up a few hundred bucks a year.

So back to Bryce Fregia vs Brandon Maughan for HD starting QB. Bryce has a strong arm and is smart. Brandon has the frame and build to pound a defense and move the chains. I guess it comes down to how much HD passes out of the pistol, also how important is Brandon to the H-back or other position he might play. Dalton Robinett will provide a game breaker at RB. Not sure the exact pistol formation alignments HD will run out of. There is the pistol pro, pistol pro strong, pistol double slot or flex, pistol spread, pistol double tight and many more. Bryce will need to bulk up to last a full season. Brandon will have to improve his passing accuracy. HD's line should be improved and larger across the board, running power out of the pistol could be successful. It will be interesting to see if HD runs a zone, gap or man blocking scheme mainly. 2 a days will be interesting.

So back to Bryce Fregia vs Brandon Maughan for HD starting QB. Bryce has a strong arm and is smart. Brandon has the frame and build to pound a defense and move the chains. I guess it comes down to how much HD passes out of the pistol, also how important is Brandon to the H-back or other position he might play. Dalton Robinett will provide a game breaker at RB. Not sure the exact pistol formation alignments HD will run out of. There is the pistol pro, pistol pro strong, pistol double slot or flex, pistol spread, pistol double tight and many more. Bryce will need to bulk up to last a full season. Brandon will have to improve his passing accuracy. HD's line should be improved and larger across the board, running power out of the pistol could be successful. It will be interesting to see if HD runs a zone, gap or man blocking scheme mainly. 2 a days will be interesting.

How's your boy looking?

So back to Bryce Fregia vs Brandon Maughan for HD starting QB. Bryce has a strong arm and is smart. Brandon has the frame and build to pound a defense and move the chains. I guess it comes down to how much HD passes out of the pistol, also how important is Brandon to the H-back or other position he might play. Dalton Robinett will provide a game breaker at RB. Not sure the exact pistol formation alignments HD will run out of. There is the pistol pro, pistol pro strong, pistol double slot or flex, pistol spread, pistol double tight and many more. Bryce will need to bulk up to last a full season. Brandon will have to improve his passing accuracy. HD's line should be improved and larger across the board, running power out of the pistol could be successful. It will be interesting to see if HD runs a zone, gap or man blocking scheme mainly. 2 a days will be interesting.

New Football facility would be nice. Huckabay will push for it if the HD citizens want it. Good luck.

Scatright, we need buy in from strong Alumni. HD has an average football stadium. Best thing HD has is a good grass field. Our campus is definetly a lot nicer with the old small bond that passed. The football stadium and track are behind times. Just because we played on it back in the late 1990's, does not mean our kids don't deserve better. As a matter of fact, pull up pics from the 1980's, they are not that different from today. And the dump of a baseball park we have is like a 3rd world country. We are talking about 200-300 bucks a year, per family on taxes going up, max. I plan on starting a petition. If San Augustine and AS can do it, we can. Just need die hard Bobcats to have a vision. A new complex would be a shining becon and bring in students to our English department lol. HD Nation!

I really believe folks that have kids or grand kids in the HD system, would want to back a bond. As long as the bond is presented right, detailed in what the bond is for, not to much fat. Superintendent Mrs. Huckabay is superb at her job and would excel once again in preparing a bond of this sort. Someone up above mentioned, there were other things that needed fixing before a football/baseball complex, not entirely true. I walked the school recently and the old small bond gave HD the chance to improve some things. Don't get me wrong, all the recent bonding schools manage to cover all faucets and improve facilities across the board. We can't be afraid to offend the Liberal nut jobs, with asking to build a new football/baseball complex. Yes, the school it self should rightly so get a face lift, but athletics are not to frowned upon, history shows most of America's top leaders were athletes. So let's build and give our students something to be proud of. No doubt, there will be jealous folks, that don't want others having something they did not have.