WOS vs HJ Halloween Night

bone

North Dakota State, the best program in the FCS runs a modified version of the slot T. I say modified because if you watch, they will have plays where they have 2 or 3 in the backfield and sometimes they have 1 receiver out wide. He goes in motion a lot, just like you see with a regular slot-T. The point is, is they're not a "pitiful" program. Yes, they are smaller than some of your big schools, but so is HJ. If it's run correctly, it's hard to defend.

@ MOFO

Parents should speak up for their kids, what's wrong with what I said? I believe that there are a lot of educators on this site, and we all support the kids. I believe that this game will be a good one. Good luck to your boy. Have a nice day!

Just re-read my post and did not see where I said anything was wrong with it, just clarifying what you have in your post, which is not to belittle the kids.

Yes on offense, they  changed a long time ago I believe, I could be wrong though. As I said x's and o'x are not my strengths, nor is formation.

I'm not sure what WO-S used to run, but Oklahoma runs the no-huddle, hurry up in a spread formation. I don't think WO-S runs the no huddle, but they line up similarly.

SFA Thanks

That seem like that's something WOS should do in the future is the no huddle quick play, in some cases. Thanks for the lesson.  :)

No problem. I know a lot of high schools don't do it because it relies on the QB being able to call a lot of plays at the line, and that puts a ton of pressure on them. However, the way JD has been playing now, and the fact that he's only in his second year, I wouldn't be surprised if you see it in the next two years. Kid has a really good football IQ.

Wow lets all run and jump on ole Ice. I dont put kids down, I coach kids and love them. It was all just a bad choice of words. I am sorry HJ folks. Please forgive if you took it that way. I hope you can forgive but now I am going to look up the HJ fan that said that our kids would be affected by grades before this game and then I want you guys to jump on your fellow HJ fan. Is that fair?

you can smack talk all you want, Lord knows I (much like Al Gore and the internet) invented it. But I can also tell you that you will not find a post that I name call  the kids of the program.

I guess you point out my wrongs but others wrongs are ok? I am just an idiot so I guess it doesnt matter huh? hahaha

The toughest element to defending the Wing T/Slot T is knowing who has the ball. When you have four potential ball handlers all hiding behind your offensive line and the motions are quick and smooth, the defense HAS to be quick on their reads and be able to shed blocks to be successful against it. 

I understand that this offense seems archaic in the age of the spread and wide open passing games, but I respect a team that can run this offense successfully. HJ fans would be correct to know that many WO-S fans respect your accomplishments this year and the effectiveness of your offense. We also look forward to the challenge of defending that rushing attack. 

Come on Friday! 

Wow lets all run and jump on ole Ice. I dont put kids down, I coach kids and love them. It was all just a bad choice of words. I am sorry HJ folks. Please forgive if you took it that way. I hope you can forgive but now I am going to look up the HJ fan that said that our kids would be affected by grades before this game and then I want you guys to jump on your fellow HJ fan. Is that fair?

I must have missed this comment about the grades. Do you know who said it?

The toughest element to defending the Wing T/Slot T is knowing who has the ball. When you have four potential ball handlers all hiding behind your offensive line and the motions are quick and smooth, the defense HAS to be quick on their reads and be able to shed blocks to be successful against it. 

I understand that this offense seems archaic in the age of the spread and wide open passing games, but I respect a team that can run this offense successfully. HJ fans would be correct to know that many WO-S fans respect your accomplishments this year and the effectiveness of your offense. We also look forward to the challenge of defending that rushing attack. 

Come on Friday! 

You can't miss tackles against the Slot T either because you might be the only person that knows who has the ball, and if you can't make the tackle, it might be too late for everyone else to get there in time to help you.

SFA

Remember the kid from Coldspring last year he was the same way, called his own plays. I like giving kids the option to decision making. Dallas is really growing, I think he will be just fine on Friday night. It will be a good game. I expect WOS to win, but if :-) they don't good luck.!

That kid was really good. Don't remember his name, but remember he was awesome! Dallas is very good now, and I hope he stays injury free and possibly move up to the next level. If he's able to call plays at the line in high school, those college coaches will be all over him!