A little perspective...

GoDogs27

This site has been one we have all grown to love, whether you're a new member or one of that's been here since the beginning. We have fun with the trash talk and banter and it's all in good spirit most of the time. I just read through the squabbling on the rankings thread and felt it necessary to take a step back and put things into perspective. Granted it's forum posts and that can often lead to misinterpretation but based on some of the posts, it seemed as if there was some sincere animosity. Unlike college ball, the rankings on here, AP, coaches, etc. mean diddly squat. I rarely look at them on here for that reason. To get legitimately upset about one school over another blows my mind. The staff on here does a fantastic job and we should appreciate the time they do put in instead of criticizing them because of how they rank teams. Have fun on here, debate, talk trash, but getting upset over ranking seems a bit childish. It all comes down to Friday night (or the occasional Thursday/Saturday). I don't make light of passion. We all have it for our respective schools, but remember what these games are all about. It's about those kids working their butts off so they can play in the greatest game we know. We are merely spectators that have the opportunity to watch them grow up before our eyes. Disclaimer: I am no saint with this stuff. I have found my emotions affected by stuff on here plenty of times, but I have learned things over the years. So next time you find yourself feeling angry or upset about something, step back and take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if it's something worth you getting upset over. I will leave you with a quote that I look to often: "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."

Why bash the rankings? There are us who take time out our lives to do them. If for nothing else they are there to stir debate on a site dedicated to oh i dont HS sports discussions. What do yall find interesting and spend time doing doing? Just because i dont like it doesnt mean its worthless.
Go to target, heard some class is on sale.

Why bash the rankings? There are us who take time out our lives to do them. If for nothing else they are there to stir debate on a site dedicated to oh i dont HS sports discussions. What do yall find interesting and spend time doing doing? Just because i dont like it doesnt mean its worthless.
Go to target, heard some class is on sale.

There is no use for high schools rankings except to keep the fans interests up.

This site has been one we have all grown to love, whether you're a new member or one of that's been here since the beginning. We have fun with the trash talk and banter and it's all in good spirit most of the time. I just read through the squabbling on the rankings thread and felt it necessary to take a step back and put things into perspective. Granted it's forum posts and that can often lead to misinterpretation but based on some of the posts, it seemed as if there was some sincere animosity. Unlike college ball, the rankings on here, AP, coaches, etc. mean diddly squat. I rarely look at them on here for that reason. To get legitimately upset about one school over another blows my mind. The staff on here does a fantastic job and we should appreciate the time they do put in instead of criticizing them because of how they rank teams. Have fun on here, debate, talk trash, but getting upset over ranking seems a bit childish. It all comes down to Friday night (or the occasional Thursday/Saturday). I don't make light of passion. We all have it for our respective schools, but remember what these games are all about. It's about those kids working their butts off so they can play in the greatest game we know. We are merely spectators that have the opportunity to watch them grow up before our eyes. Disclaimer: I am no saint with this stuff. I have found my emotions affected by stuff on here plenty of times, but I have learned things over the years. So next time you find yourself feeling angry or upset about something, step back and take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if it's something worth you getting upset over. I will leave you with a quote that I look to often: "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."

Post of the Year