Question about warm ups

First off not saying anything bad about PNG just wondering.

The time before the game is for teams to warm up before they do the school songs right?

Our boys were out warming up before the game and about 6:25 our boys got asked to leave the field so PNG band could march because it was their homecoming. Our boys kept warming up and the announcer kept telling our boys to get off the field.

I'm just trying to get opinions on it because our boys and coaches weren't too Happy about it. I know Lumberton band marches after the game on homecoming night.

I don't know if Lumberton hit the field late or not, but at one point, I went to see if the band was on the field yet (working under the stands).  PNG was there, but not Lumberton.  I thought that PNG was late getting off the field, knowing what time the band director told us that the teams would be leaving the field.  As it turns out, Lumberton hadn't even gotten there yet.

Warm-ups were supposed to end at 6:15 (according to director), so at 6:25, we were now 10 minutes behind schedule.

Goodness calm down. I was just asking. Lumberton fans were trying to figure out if our boys were told before the game that they would have to get off the field early or not.
Now that I know they were told they would I can't believe our boys didn't do what was asked

I would say the boys didn't know, but the coaches did and were just not wanting to comply.

I am good friends with our band director and I know homecoming is very important to some of the participants and fans, but this is a football game. The football teams should have priority in getting ready for the game. Now, out of courtesy, if you know they are having homecoming, you should be flexible and adjust to the schedule. In the end, we are supposed to be teaching the kids more than just winning or losing at football.