Manvel @ Pearland Dawson

htownfan

I wish there was an online video stream of this game to watch but glad there will be an audio broadcast. From what I have heard these 2 teams are the real deal and this game should be a battle, although I have also heard from quite a few people that Manvel is much better than any team they will play until the 3rd or so round of the playoffs.

It's possible that Manvel drops down, but I think it's very unlikely. Very rapid growth in the area. The SCHS area still has some growth, but most of the open land and future rapid growth will be in the Manvel area.

Manvel's realignment number last October was 2573. Actual enrollment this fall according to the school website is 2840. Based on an Alvin ISD demographic / growth study, MHS will probably be in the 3200 range next fall and 3500 in '16 if SCHS were not opening.

SCHS will follow the normal pattern of 9th and 10th only in '16, then adding a grade each year. If they take 600 students in each of those grades, Manvel '16 enrollment would be in the 2300 range. So even with SCHS opening, I think Manvel will stay at or above the 6A cutoff. If they are below it, I wouldn't be surprised if they opt up given the growth projections for '16 and '17.

The next UIL realignment will be based on Oct '15 numbers. With SCHS only being 9th and 10th the next year, they may not even go into a district. Manvel was "independent" its first two years when they had only 2 or 3 grade levels. SCHS may do the same thing.

By Oct '17, when the next realignment numbers are submitted, AISD is projecting to have between 6800 and 7000 high school students across three high schools. That's probably enough to have all three be 6A, depending on where they draw the enrollment lines. They are working on figuring those out now.

So, long way of saying "don't know for sure either way."

It's possible that Manvel drops down, but I think it's very unlikely. Very rapid growth in the area. The SCHS area still has some growth, but most of the open land and future rapid growth will be in the Manvel area.

Manvel's realignment number last October was 2573. Actual enrollment this fall according to the school website is 2840. Based on an Alvin ISD demographic / growth study, MHS will probably be in the 3200 range next fall and 3500 in '16 if SCHS were not opening.

SCHS will follow the normal pattern of 9th and 10th only in '16, then adding a grade each year. If they take 600 students in each of those grades, Manvel '16 enrollment would be in the 2300 range. So even with SCHS opening, I think Manvel will stay at or above the 6A cutoff. If they are below it, I wouldn't be surprised if they opt up given the growth projections for '16 and '17.

The next UIL realignment will be based on Oct '15 numbers. With SCHS only being 9th and 10th the next year, they may not even go into a district. Manvel was "independent" its first two years when they had only 2 or 3 grade levels. SCHS may do the same thing.

By Oct '17, when the next realignment numbers are submitted, AISD is projecting to have between 6800 and 7000 high school students across three high schools. That's probably enough to have all three be 6A, depending on where they draw the enrollment lines. They are working on figuring those out now.

So, long way of saying "don't know for sure either way."

they are really building it up out there south of Houston.

Very crazy, and the suckometer level of highway 288 traffic is growing at a similarly crazy rate. 

Grand Parkway is coming in the future. That will add to it. Right now, I'm within walking distance of the center of nowheresville. 10 miles to a grocery store. The Grand Parkway is supposed to come within a couple of miles of us. Lots of growth coming over the next several years.

SCHS won't be the last new high school in this area.