#3 Ole Miss at #12 Texas A&M

PhatMack19

A&M opens as a 2.5 favorite at home. I was kind of surprised by that line.

I would have been shocked if they weren't. Home field is worth several points in Cfb, probably worth more at Kyle than most venues. I think the Aggies win this one. How close will depend on which defense we see. I will say 45-28.

3rd straight year that Ole Miss has been fined for fans coming onto the field.  This one cost them 50K.  And they stole the goal post.  Obviously, they aren't used to winning.  Ags need to hit them in the mouth early and bring them back to reality.  

This is unfamiliar territory for OM. How are they going to handle prosperity? They admitted to practicing for bamr the entire season so far. Thus the struggle with Memphis. Is investing so much in the bamr win going to have an adverse affect this week?

OM doesn't have the offense of State or even of Arkansas so A&M's defense won't be as much as issue

My guess is OM has a big let down on the road and A&M wins.

I would have been shocked if they weren't. Home field is worth several points in Cfb, probably worth more at Kyle than most venues. I think the Aggies win this one. How close will depend on which defense we see. I will say 45-28.

Kyle Field is the greatest home field advantage in CFB.

You heard it straight from the guru.

I have got to go with the Aggies at home. The Home of the 12th Man.

SPCFBG

Ole Miss's defense is a heck of a lot better than A&M's, and the offenses are comparable when Wallace is on his game. I don't see how A&M can be favored to win, even at home. If A&M's defense had shaped up like I hoped it would, I could see it, but not now. Ole Miss by at least two possessions.

Ole Miss's defense is a heck of a lot better than A&M's, and the offenses are comparable when Wallace is on his game. I don't see how A&M can be favored to win, even at home. If A&M's defense had shaped up like I hoped it would, I could see it, but not now. Ole Miss by at least two possessions.

Yes the OM defense is better than A&M's but the offenses are not comparable in the least.

A&M is averaging 586 yards per game while OM is averaging 462. A&M has no problem moving the ball against anyone. Their problem is no one has a problem moving it against their defense.

No doubt the Ole Miss defense is good.  The touchdown Ole Miss' defense allowed in the first half to Bama was the only touchdown the Ole Miss' first-team defense has allowed all year.  However, I still always bet against the team that tears down the goal posts the week before.  The Rebels will not come out as strong as last week, but the Ags have to take advantage from the get-go.  The Ags don't want to lose two straight, so I expect their best effort here.  For the record, I predict both Mississippi teams go down this week.

If A&M does not play with a sense of urgency then I will be greatly disappointed.  

You can blame the defense all day long - and there is legitimate reasons to do so - but everyone knew that for A&M to make an impact this year it was going to be on the offensive side of the ball and it has not been there on a consistent basis.  

Offense turns it around and we have a chance to win - if they struggle we could see another loss. 

Prediction:

Ole Miss