Vidor 27 Baytown Lee 14/Final

WOSgrad

I'm not commenting until I have time to calm down. Don't want to say the wrong thing. This game shouldn't have been this close even if it was their homecoming. NOT real happy with our redzone play calling, especially the series where we scored but we didn't score and Lee wound up with the ball at the 30. Three straight fumbles to open the game....

I have been scratching my head on so much play calling this year.  When we are playing teams that have not seen our offensive before, and will not see it again all year, what is with all the trickery?  Just stick to the basics.  The plays the kids have been running since Junior High and sometimes earlier.  We used to average 350-400 yards rushing per game even in our "off" years.  If you want to do some trickery, line up in a pro set the first play of the game and force the opponent to burn a timeout.  Sometimes I wander about if our playbook is larger than it such be.  Ram it down their throats until they figure it out.  Make them stop you.  If someone fumbles, sit them out for a quarter.  See what talent is on the bench. 

I can't believe the complaining after a win. True you could always play better but think about the kids who play this GAME. They are the ones that deserve it. The coaches and fans are there for the players, not the other way around. Rally around th kids and it will mean the world to them. They are kids and it is a game.

All due respect Proud Dawg, and I do mean all due respect... easy things to say when your team is a perennial playoff team.  We are not complaining, just analyzing.  Unless you played a flawless game last week, you did the same.  We want our kids in the playoffs.  TOs and poor special teams play will not get it done it this district.

I see you are posting everywhere just trying to get a rise out of people.  Go enjoy your victory and dog on teams you haven't beat yet... please..