Hull-Daisetta vs West Sabine Poll and Comments!

Hull-Daisetta vs West Sabine  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup!

• HD
    • WS

Perhaps our ability to assess talent at an early age is somewhat different, Bobcat Pride. I'll give you full approval to call me ignorant and or any other name in the book if I am proven wrong in the next few years. The question one might raise is, if one has been around all these years in the area, why hasn't he made these predictions prior to now? Hmmmm. That will leave you scratching your skull for a while. Do I have a dog in the race? Absolutely not. It is an honest assessment, solely. If I am right, I gained nothing. If I am wrong, I lost nothing.

I am on here a lot just don't post on here to much my son graduated from Magnolia last year and I graduated from West Hardin in 1988. I know how you are 55 when your CATS are losing you are not going to post, just wanted someone to post the beat down that the CATS were going to get because I will be getting ready for the COWBOYS to beat down the TEXANS.

3 way tie for a District Championship
that year
HD beat WH, but lost to EC
WH beat EC, but lost to HD
EC beat HD, but lost to WH
you got it?

So, a tri-district championship is the same as a district championship?

that year
you got it?

So I guess you're saying there was a 3 way tie for 1st. Every district has a tiebreaker though. They didn't all get #1 seed. And football doesn't play it out. Who was #1 seed?

HD has had talent, your ignorant. You don't win State Titles and win over 700 games and not have talent. lol. Parnell and Arnell Lykes(Warren Sapp's older brothers) played at HD and won State. Ross Echols(Houston), George Westbrook, Robert Tanner, Ed Taylor(Baylor), Larry Eaglin(SFA/Houston Oilers), Stephleon Winfield, Hillary Broussard, Johnny Downs, Joe Allen Slack, Terry Don Fregia, Thomas Rodgers(UTEP), Juan Gomez(Ranger), TJ White and Aaron Cook to name a few. smh...

You meant TJ Walker right

HD does not have talent. They have an alleged "four horsemen" which I assume is an acronym for "slow". HD may have HAD talent 35-50 years ago but hey are devoid now. They will get beat in the first round and that is the HD tradition. This is the tradition because they meet teams with "actual talent" in the playoffs. As discussed 1-500 times, HD plays in the worst district in the state. The SETX 2A teams are eternally pathetic and assure HD of a corresponding trip to the playoffs complete with 1st round exit. Centerville will be a wrench in the normal weakness of the district and as such they will curbstomp HD and every other team in the district.

Ya know I'm perfectly good with all this back and forth and it's pretty fun. I'm a die hard Bobcat but I'm also a realistic fan with a significant amount of self awareness when it comes to HD football. Good arguments and opinions can be made on both sides of the coin.

With that being said, 89Falcon I cannot overlook this post. As hard as it is to say I think you're a very intelligent person and pretty well versed in high school football. You're a negative Nancy but hey, someone had to play that role and you do it well. You make points that most ppl don't want to hear or find it hard to accept and swallow, but with your reference of "slow" being what the Four Horseman stands for..... You really don't have a clue. I know it's so hard for you to fathom HD having good team speed and skill position players but it absolutely true.

Look at HD's top 5 rushers, as we all know, you don't throw the ball much in the Slot-T. One back who just made his season debut last week is possibly the fastest straight line player in the area in any class. He ran a 10.66 in the 100m at the area meet last year before a terrible showing at regionals knocked him out of a state championship opportunity. That was the fastest time ran all year in this years 2A...or 3A. He's right behind Splendora's Jay Bradford and his times.

Our work-horse back ran an 11.2 100m last year before academic issues sidelined him not allowing more accolades. The kid is built like a Greek God and is even faster on the football field than the track.

The next two fastest kids can run too. One finished 4th at regionals in the 400 last year as a freshman (yes competing against Alto, SA, WS, Teneha etc). He's really probably a 200m kid but coaches had the two precious kids running the 200. He's bigger and faster now as a sophmore.

The fourth kid is special. Probably the third fastest kid on the team and only a freshman. He's playing fullback and can break one for 80 at any time. He won the 100m last year I'm JH with a 11:60....as an 8th grader!

And let's not forget our all-state QB who was probably out fastest kid on the team last year. Area champ in the 110 hurdles and 3rd in regionals, not to mention he rushed for about 1700 yards last year so yeah he's got football speed too. (Took the first play of the game 75 yards against Alto last year).

So Falcon you can continue to bash HD all you want and some of it is accurate and well deserved. But to say HD doesn't have any speed this year is moronic. You should come to HD Friday night. WS is gonna be surprised too.

Ya know I'm perfectly good with all this back and forth and it's pretty fun. I'm a die hard Bobcat but I'm also a realistic fan with a significant amount of self awareness when it comes to HD football. Good arguments and opinions can be made on both sides of the coin.

With that being said, 89Falcon I cannot overlook this post. As hard as it is to say I think you're a very intelligent person and pretty well versed in high school football. You're a negative Nancy but hey, someone had to play that role and you do it well. You make points that most ppl don't want to hear or find it hard to accept and swallow, but with your reference of "slow" being what the Four Horseman stands for..... You really don't have a clue. I know it's so hard for you to fathom HD having good team speed and skill position players but it absolutely true.

Look at HD's top 5 rushers, as we all know, you don't throw the ball much in the Slot-T. One back who just made his season debut last week is possibly the fastest straight line player in the area in any class. He ran a 10.66 in the 100m at the area meet last year before a terrible showing at regionals knocked him out of a state championship opportunity. That was the fastest time ran all year in this years 2A...or 3A. He's right behind Splendora's Jay Bradford and his times.

Our work-horse back ran an 11.2 100m last year before academic issues sidelined him not allowing more accolades. The kid is built like a Greek God and is even faster on the football field than the track.

The next two fastest kids can run too. One finished 4th at regionals in the 400 last year as a freshman (yes competing against Alto, SA, WS, Teneha etc). He's really probably a 200m kid but coaches had the two precious kids running the 200. He's bigger and faster now as a sophmore.

The fourth kid is special. Probably the third fastest kid on the team and only a freshman. He's playing fullback and can break one for 80 at any time. He won the 100m last year I'm JH with a 11:60....as an 8th grader!

And let's not forget our all-state QB who was probably out fastest kid on the team last year. Area champ in the 110 hurdles and 3rd in regionals, not to mention he rushed for about 1700 yards last year so yeah he's got football speed too. (Took the first play of the game 75 yards against Alto last year).

So Falcon you can continue to bash HD all you want and some of it is accurate and well deserved. But to say HD doesn't have any speed this year is moronic. You should come to HD Friday night. WS is gonna be surprised too.

Hemphill was definitely surprised. I understand that they were blow away with the HD speed. I am not overly concerned with the times recorded by your coaches on their stop watches. The one kid was fast until it counted. There is no speed in the area and district so winning meets in the area mean little. I am guessing that based upon your information we can expect to see HD advance relays to state. If that happens I will give credit. If you make it to the area meet and no further I will not. Amassing stats against the teams that are on the HD schedule will not impress me either.  

Hemphill was definitely surprised. I understand that they were blow away with the HD speed. I am not overly concerned with the times recorded by your coaches on their stop watches. The one kid was fast until it counted. There is no speed in the area and district so winning meets in the area mean little. I am guessing that based upon your information we can expect to see HD advance relays to state. If that happens I will give credit. If you make it to the area meet and no further I will not. Amassing stats against the teams that are on the HD schedule will not impress me either.

Fair enough. I fully expect HD to compete for a sprint relay state championship. Every individual that I talked about won district and area and made it to regionals and all three finished one spot out of qualifying for the state meet. And I'm sure you would agree that Region III has some speed.

And by the way I'm not sure why you always think HD is slow anyway. It wasn't that long ago that HD finished second overall at state in track back to back years. They also placed second in the sprint relay at state both years and had the 100m state champ two years and 200m champ one year and 2nd place the other year. That was '07-'08. This group of kids are faster collectively than that group.

And by the way I'm not sure why you always think HD is slow anyway. It wasn't that long ago that HD finished second overall at state in track back to back years. They also placed second in the sprint relay at state both years and had the 100m state champ two years and 200m champ one year and 2nd place the other year. That was '07-'08. This group of kids are faster collectively than that group.

Because he was goat stomped by HD as a kid! lol Hater...

that year
you got it?

Excuse me yes, Tri-District Champions

That was actually the 2003 football season, we ended in a three way tie but we got the #1 seed due to the point system

I think HD is slow because I have watched them on film many times and broke down the game. I did not watch them in 07-08. If the relays make it to state I will give them credit.