Hull-Daisetta vs West Sabine Poll and Comments!

Hull-Daisetta vs West Sabine  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup!

• HD
    • WS

HD55. I guess I'll respond to your posts 1 at a time.

1. I don't care where their parents went to school. These 3 kids...when was the 1st time they enrolled in HD schools? Ever? High school right? They went to Liberty every other year right? Um...that makes them Liberty kids.

2. 700 wins. Against schools like...Hardin,Warren, Kountze, High Island, Evadale, West Hardin, Anahuac...tell you what. You just take those schools I listed. Add up how many football playoff wins they have...combined. Then you tell me if they're weak teams or not.

3. Tell me how many of your district opponents have made it to have made it to a regional quarterfinal game? That's round 3. I know you've personally never been there. My guess is there haven't been many. Which would make your district...on average....weak.

And im speaking of talent over the next four years. Im not salesman from Hardin who says Hardin will make a run for state in 2025 cuz those kids over on the playground can flat out fly. LOL

I'm not knocking either one of you. I truly believe it's ignorance. Hardin has never had kids that "can flat out fly". Just like HD has never had a "ton of talent". Sooner you realize that everything's relative the better.

And no one can understand why there are so many people who post negative comments about HD? HD has beat Burkeville, Colmesneil, and Sabine Pass. All three are among the more horrible programs in the state. HD was beaten by another horrible team and now they are on here believing that they are contenders. I cant wait to recite each of these posts after the game on Friday.

Im no saying HD has always had weak districts because i know better im saying this year, is tougher than the last couple, this is our shot to prove we can compete with state ranked teams,like we here in HD know that we can.

Centerville is better than any team in the district the last few years. The rest of the district is horrible.

Every poll and everyone outside of HD is picking WS to beat HD pretty easily. Can wait to see the game.  WS is loaded, but still gotta play the game. HD NATION!

West Sabine is not "loaded". They may be "loaded" compared to HD standards but they are down form normal years and are the 3rd best team in their district.

I'm not knocking either one of you. I truly believe it's ignorance. Hardin has never had kids that "can flat out fly". Just like HD has never had a "ton of talent". Sooner you realize that everything's relative the better.

HD has had talent, your ignorant. You don't win State Titles and win over 700 games and not have talent. lol. Parnell and Arnell Lykes(Warren Sapp's older brothers) played at HD and won State. Ross Echols(Houston), George Westbrook, Robert Tanner, Ed Taylor(Baylor), Larry Eaglin(SFA/Houston Oilers), Stephleon Winfield, Hillary Broussard, Johnny Downs, Joe Allen Slack, Terry Don Fregia, Thomas Rodgers(UTEP), Juan Gomez(Ranger), TJ White and Aaron Cook to name a few. smh...

I will be at Dallas for the Cowboys and Texans please keep the HD and WS game updated on the board, I know when HD goes down CAT 55 goes in hibernation and does not come out till they go ahead are to start another thread. Good luck to both teams. HD does not do well they may not make the playoffs like HD NATION says they would at the beginning of the season.

Bobcat Pride called me out. Thank you !

The reference to Hardin's state title run potentially will be from 2020-2023

I appreciate your ignorance, on this matter. Perhaps you have a child around the ages of 9-11 who got beat by Hardin 49-0 a few weeks ago, in 8 minute running quarters.

Let's all ignore the fact that this same group of young men beat Dayton for the league championship 3 seasons ago. Let's all ignore the fact that they as a group have lost 1 game in 3 years to an opponent they turned around and beat in the Superbowl. Let's all ignore the fact that they own the league and have for quite some time now. You want to make a joke out of it, but it's you who have not seen these kids play. I am not praising Hardin's current varsity, JV or junior high teams. If I was high on Hardin, don't you believe I would do the same year in and year out for all levels. I made a 6-4 prediction for the varsity this year, that quite possibly might not pan out. If you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough. I call it like I see it, jack.

I have come to know on 1 hand, athletes from Hardin that could play at the next level and did. Not even worthy enough of Sunday but were good for our community / region from what we are accustom to experiencing. HD has produced some of the best talent in this area hands down for the majority of my life. That's something that will never change, but to ignore the fact that a few miles down 770 and up 146 is exciting, is absurd. I think if you came out and watched, you too would be convinced.

The same thing is happening right now in Liberty. Can I stand Liberty, absolutely not. So, by giving them props you should know that what I speak of is realistic and inevitable.

The talent they have coming is impeccable. I have not seen anything like it in over 20 years. That being said, they still aren't good enough to beat Hardin in this league for the championship. This all may be jibberish and mean nothing to you. It's special to me.

Carry on gentlemen

HD has had talent, your ignorant. You don't win State Titles and win over 700 games and not have talent. lol. Parnell and Arnell Lykes(Warren Sapp's older brothers) played at HD and won State. Ross Echols(Houston), George Westbrook, Robert Tanner, Ed Taylor(Baylor), Larry Eaglin(SFA/Houston Oilers), Stephleon Winfield, Hillary Broussard, Johnny Downs, Joe Allen Slack, Terry Don Fregia, Thomas Rodgers(UTEP), Juan Gomez(Ranger), TJ White and Aaron Cook to name a few. smh...

Just for the record...It's YOU'RE ignorant. I mean..if you're going to call someone a name...use correct spelling.

I guess there's no sense explaining it again. The whole 700 wins thing. If you don't understand that a lot of those wins were against garbage teams...never mind.

Hey I noticed a lot of those names on your list didn't have a college beside it. I guess they got offers, just chose not to play. Lol

How many of those people graduated within the last 15 or 20 years? Just wondering. I already know...but you can still say it.

HD has had talent, your ignorant. You don't win State Titles and win over 700 games and not have talent. lol. Parnell and Arnell Lykes(Warren Sapp's older brothers) played at HD and won State. Ross Echols(Houston), George Westbrook, Robert Tanner, Ed Taylor(Baylor), Larry Eaglin(SFA/Houston Oilers), Stephleon Winfield, Hillary Broussard, Johnny Downs, Joe Allen Slack, Terry Don Fregia, Thomas Rodgers(UTEP), Juan Gomez(Ranger), TJ White and Aaron Cook to name a few. smh...

HD does not have talent. They have an alleged "four horsemen" which I assume is an acronym for "slow". HD may have HAD talent 35-50 years ago but hey are devoid now. They will get beat in the first round and that is the HD tradition. This is the tradition because they meet teams with "actual talent" in the playoffs. As discussed 1-500 times, HD plays in the worst district in the state. The SETX 2A teams are eternally pathetic and assure HD of a corresponding trip to the playoffs complete with 1st round exit. Centerville will be a wrench in the normal weakness of the district and as such they will curbstomp HD and every other team in the district.    

I will be at Dallas for the Cowboys and Texans please keep the HD and WS game updated on the board, I know when HD goes down CAT 55 goes in hibernation and does not come out till they go ahead are to start another thread. Good luck to both teams. HD does not do well they may not make the playoffs like HD NATION says they would at the beginning of the season.

You apparently are not on here much, I'm a true fan. Smh...

I appreciate your ignorance, on this matter. Perhaps you have a child around the ages of 9-11 who got beat by Hardin 49-0 a few weeks ago, in 8 minute running quarters.

Let's all ignore the fact that this same group of young men beat Dayton for the league championship 3 seasons ago. Let's all ignore the fact that they as a group have lost 1 game in 3 years to an opponent they turned around and beat in the Superbowl. Let's all ignore the fact that they own the league and have for quite some time now. You want to make a joke out of it, but it's you who have not seen these kids play. I am not praising Hardin's current varsity, JV or junior high teams. If I was high on Hardin, don't you believe I would do the same year in and year out for all levels. I made a 6-4 prediction for the varsity this year, that quite possibly might not pan out. If you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough. I call it like I see it, jack.

I have come to know on 1 hand, athletes from Hardin that could play at the next level and did. Not even worthy enough of Sunday but were good for our community / region from what we are accustom to experiencing. HD has produced some of the best talent in this area hands down for the majority of my life. That's something that will never change, but to ignore the fact that a few miles down 770 and up 146 is exciting, is absurd. I think if you came out and watched, you too would be convinced.

The same thing is happening right now in Liberty. Can I stand Liberty, absolutely not. So, by giving them props you should know that what I speak of is realistic and inevitable.

The talent they have coming is impeccable. I have not seen anything like it in over 20 years. That being said, they still aren't good enough to beat Hardin in this league for the championship. This all may be jibberish and mean nothing to you. It's special to me.

Carry on gentlemen

Good post for the most part. Just keep in mind, HD's last State Title team didn't win a game in 7th and 8th grade... Kids change and so does everything else...

Let's all ignore the fact that this same group of young men beat Dayton for the league championship 3 seasons ago. Let's all ignore the fact that they as a group have lost 1 game in 3 years to an opponent they turned around and beat in the Superbowl. Let's all ignore the fact that they own the league and have for quite some time now. You want to make a joke out of it, but it's you who have not seen these kids play. I am not praising Hardin's current varsity, JV or junior high teams. If I was high on Hardin, don't you believe I would do the same year in and year out for all levels. I made a 6-4 prediction for the varsity this year, that quite possibly might not pan out. If you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough. I call it like I see it, jack.

Carry on gentlemen

Let's all ignore the fact that this same group of young men beat Dayton for the league championship 3 seasons ago. Let's all ignore the fact that they as a group have lost 1 game in 3 years to an opponent they turned around and beat in the Superbowl. Let's all ignore the fact that they own the league and have for quite some time now. You want to make a joke out of it, but it's you who have not seen these kids play. I am not praising Hardin's current varsity, JV or junior high teams. If I was high on Hardin, don't you believe I would do the same year in and year out for all levels. I made a 6-4 prediction for the varsity this year, that quite possibly might not pan out. If you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough. I call it like I see it, jack.

Carry on gentlemen

HD has had talent, your ignorant. You don't win State Titles and win over 700 games and not have talent. lol. Parnell and Arnell Lykes(Warren Sapp's older brothers) played at HD and won State. Ross Echols(Houston), George Westbrook, Robert Tanner, Ed Taylor(Baylor), Larry Eaglin(SFA/Houston Oilers), Stephleon Winfield, Hillary Broussard, Johnny Downs, Joe Allen Slack, Terry Don Fregia, Thomas Rodgers(UTEP), Juan Gomez(Ranger), TJ White and Aaron Cook to name a few. smh...

and that 2002 team that won the Tri-District Championship