I know its early buttttttt Dayton or Crosby on 10-17

prepballfan

Now that's funny right there!!! You have to consider the source it's a Dayton fan. My new fav team is GP. Watch out Dayton. Oh what'll be the excuse this week?? I see now the ploy. Each week one of you guys in puke purple makes an excuse til it's time to play Crosby. Then when they blow y'all up by 50 then you can go back thru the threads and say look here or look here we were sick or o-line man not gelling cause they out week 4 or etc etc.... Pretty sneaky pretty sneaky

Funniest quote of this thread thus far!( I don't care what you say ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dayton played dayton football against humble.... we won the field position game and played good defense. At the risk of sounding like you here cougar14, we also dropped a td pass and kneeled the ball inside the 5 to end the game. So it could have easily been 24-7 or 27-7. I dont give a rip about making predictions on this game, i'm just glad Dayton is back to stopping/slowing down the run and making teams stall out with some regularity.

Genuine question Cougar14.... you said Cotton's numbers these next 2 years would be better than Walter's. Is he behind due to the cougar run game being so salty or is he just not there yet with the learning?

I wouldn't really say he's behind. Through Aston's first 5 games of his junior year he was 64-112 for 958 yards and 8 tds. Cotton is 64-105 for 945 yards and 9 tds. He also gets rotated out for the sophomore backup often. His passing numbers would be a lot better than what Aston put up through his first 5 games of his junior year if we could help him more by catching the ball. Over the next 5 games I think he's going to make a push for first team all district qb though. He also only has 5 starts for his career where Aston already had 17 starts at the same age so I think he's doing just fine.

I wouldn't really say he's behind. Through Aston's first 5 games of his junior year he was 64-112 for 958 yards and 8 tds. Cotton is 64-105 for 945 yards and 9 tds. He also gets rotated out for the sophomore backup often. His passing numbers would be a lot better than what Aston put up through his first 5 games of his junior year if we could help him more by catching the ball. Over the next 5 games I think he's going to make a push for first team all district qb though. He also only has 5 starts for his career where Aston already had 17 starts at the same age so I think he's doing just fine.

Good post... . I gotta learn to quit trusting the chronicles numbers...

I wouldn't really say he's behind. Through Aston's first 5 games of his junior year he was 64-112 for 958 yards and 8 tds. Cotton is 64-105 for 945 yards and 9 tds. He also gets rotated out for the sophomore backup often. His passing numbers would be a lot better than what Aston put up through his first 5 games of his junior year if we could help him more by catching the ball. Over the next 5 games I think he's going to make a push for first team all district qb though. He also only has 5 starts for his career where Aston already had 17 starts at the same age so I think he's doing just fine.

Water cooler talk about Crosby is that when he gets pressured he has a tendency to throw high and though some drops were catchable balls his receivers and backs have made some good catches as well. What's your assessment of that. Also, I know against Humble y'all left some points on the field but y'all's defense played stellar.

Water cooler talk about Crosby is that when he gets pressured he has a tendency to throw high and though some drops were catchable balls his receivers and backs have made some good catches as well. What's your assessment of that. Also, I know against Humble y'all left some points on the field but y'all's defense played stellar.

The simple answer on that is because he's short and can't see over the rush. Aston had the same problem early on until he learned to put some touch on the ball or throw through windows. I think as he sees more pressure he'll become more efficient against it. What I do like about him is his high(for a short guy) release point and he holds on to the ball whenever he does take off with it. I think he'll become more prolific in the passing game as he makes more starts just like Aston did. On the defensive side of things the term "stellar" you used probably describes it the best.

*Now, we both know there's more cooler talk than that but it'll cease if we get to 10-0.

The simple answer on that is because he's short and can't see over the rush. Aston had the same problem early on until he learned to put some touch on the ball or throw through windows. I think as he sees more pressure he'll become more efficient against it. What I do like about him is his high(for a short guy) release point and he holds on to the ball whenever he does take off with it. I think he'll become more prolific in the passing game as he makes more starts just like Aston did. On the defensive side of things the term "stellar" you used probably describes it the best.*Now, we both know there's more cooler talk than that but it'll cease if we get to 10-0.

Thanks for the insight and will have to make a trip to Crenshaw and see the matchup of the unbeatens. By then it oughta be hyped pretty good by the media.

You always turn to stats every chance you get here is a Stat vs. Score comparison for you.

September 21 2012

Dayton vs crosby

Dayton 438 total yards
Crosby 481 total yards

Dayton less yardage wins 45-21

When discussing stats one tends to only hand pick the certain stats that show why one's chosen team is best. One tends to disregard the stats that doesn't agree with one's opinion. As this one knows stats are for fun but doesn't mean that one's team will win because their stats are better....lol

You always turn to stats every chance you get here is a Stat vs. Score comparison for you.

September 21 2012

Dayton vs crosby

Dayton 438 total yards
Crosby 481 total yards

Dayton less yardage wins 45-21

Total yardage isn't the only stat that matters. Crosby had three turnovers to Dayton's 0. That pretty much summed that one up. Since you brought that up though, to look at Dayton's record recently. They ain't winning many games where they give up copious amounts of yardage or have inefficient qb play.

When discussing stats one tends to only hand pick the certain stats that show why one's chosen team is best. One tends to disregard the stats that doesn't agree with one's opinion. As this one knows stats are for fun but doesn't mean that one's team will win because their stats are better....lol

I think people pick the stats that provide the data to back up their theories. EVERY analyst at every level puts data with his opinion/thoughts/prediction when they give it out. Rarely do you hear guys say they think one team will beat the other due to uniform color or tradition. People here don't seem to get that which is also part of the reason teams in SETX in the bigger classifications aren't perennial contenders anymore. There's more advanced thinking going on around the state than the "rah rah" mentality that permeates some teams down here.

I think people pick the stats that provide the data to back up their theories. EVERY analyst at every level puts data with his opinion/thoughts/prediction when they give it out. Rarely do you hear guys say they think one team will beat the other due to uniform color or tradition. People here don't seem to get that which is also part of the reason teams in SETX in the bigger classifications aren't perennial contenders anymore. There's more advanced thinking going on around the state than the "rah rah" mentality that permeates some teams down here.

The only one who brings up stats everytime is you. But it's ok. Wait for ur loss is all I can say.

Seriously doubt any fan base has one iota contribution to the making of a perennial power no matter how sophisticated the glorified stat chitter chatter is. Sometimes you talk yourself into a corner that post didn't make any sense and would rank in the bottom percentile on a bell-shape curve even for you .

I guess I needed to simple it up some for you? Some of the better coaches in the state are starting to use analytics instead of "win one for the Gipper" speeches to put up W's. I see the fan base comment passed you by too. If you don't use data to validate points you're trying to make then what do you use? On this site people would rather make predictions in blind faith instead of do research. Your win-loss record from '98 means more than the ypg you give up in the eyes of most posters is what I meant by the fan base thing. Like I've said prior, Crosby has lost only one of their last 20 regular season games. If me explaining it using statistics is "talking myself into a corner", then so be it. Maybe when we go 19-1 over the next 20 you'll try to find a corner to talk from too?

The bell-shape curve comment is comical, if I thought you had any idea what you were talking about I would enlighten you on "percentile at the bottom of a bell curve".

The only one who brings up stats everytime is you. But it's ok. Wait for ur loss is all I can say.

And why will Crosby lose? Is there something that Dayton does better than Crosby this year? Do they have better players or a better coach? Do they have a home field advantage this year? Or is the answer the typical, "because Dayton usually beats Crosby"? Wait, I know what it is. You just got a feeling, huh?

I guess I needed to simple it up some for you? Some of the better coaches in the state are starting to use analytics instead of "win one for the Gipper" speeches to put up W's. I see the fan base comment passed you by too. If you don't use data to validate points you're trying to make then what do you use? On this site people would rather make predictions in blind faith instead of do research. Your win-loss record from '98 means more than the ypg you give up in the eyes of most posters is what I meant by the fan base thing. Like I've said prior, Crosby has lost only one of their last 20 regular season games. If me explaining it using statistics is "talking myself into a corner", then so be it. Maybe when we go 19-1 over the next 20 you'll try to find a corner to talk from too?

The bell-shape curve comment is comical, if I thought you had any idea what you were talking about I would enlighten you on "percentile at the bottom of a bell curve".

When u say regular season are you counting only district games?

Oh please dare to enlighten me with your pseudo intellect then we can all have a good laugh( you can even Google it ) ----  When its half time  and your team is behind the coach walks into the locker room and says " Listen up team don't worry about the score board thing we have better numbers than the other team statistically speaking there's no way we should be loosing  now go out there and just keep doing what you been doing lets make that spread sheet look good for the Chronicle !

Oh please dare to enlighten me with your pseudo intellect then we can all have a good laugh( you can even Google it ) ----  When its half time  and your team is behind the coach walks into the locker room and says " Listen up team don't worry about the score board thing we have better numbers than the other team statistically speaking there's no way we should be loosing  now go out there and just keep doing what you been doing lets make that spread sheet look good for the Chronicle !

I don't have to google it. I'm an Economics major and studied it in depth before I got my undergrad degree. In a normal case a percentile or percentages would be displayed on the lateral axis within the "opening" of the bell-curve, the way you meant "bottom percentile" though was in reference to a point on the curve. The top of the curve is normally the highest frequency and means "most average", not best or top percentile which is why your comment doesn't make any sense unless you were trying to reference a parabola. But hey, what can you expect from a guy that can't even spell losing properly?

I post stats and give MY analysis. I'm sure the staff could care less about them and focus more on W's, which they have plenty of lately.

Wow this thread is way over my head. I am ready for the Dayton Crosby game though. I think Dayton has made some changes on both the offensive and defensive side that have actually paid off. Just hope both teams are healthy and we have good weather for the hwy 90 shoot out. I will save my prediction on what I think may or may not happen when we get closer to game time. Still a few more issues I would like to see Dayton correct before the Crosby game.

I don't have to google it. I'm an Economics major and studied it in depth before I got my undergrad degree. In a normal case a percentile or percentages would be displayed on the lateral axis within the "opening" of the bell-curve, the way you meant "bottom percentile" though was in reference to a point on the curve. The top of the curve is normally the highest frequency and means "most average", not best or top percentile which is why your comment doesn't make any sense unless you were trying to reference a parabola. But hey, what can you expect from a guy that can't even spell losing properly?

I post stats and give MY analysis. I'm sure the staff could care less about them and focus more on W's, which they have plenty of lately.

Lower or bottom quartile ,25th percentile not that difficult you know the place where Crosby's falls when you graph their win/loss ratio with Dayton over last 10 yrs.

Lower or bottom quartile ,25th percentile not that difficult you know the place where Crosby's falls when you graph their win/loss ratio with Dayton over last 10 yrs.

Lol. Like I said, you had no idea what you were talking about. Being "on a curve" and "in a quartile" are completely different places. If you have trouble punctuating and spelling sight words though that's to be expected.

Once again, my current stats and trends have become obsolete in favor of the more pertinent 2005 win/loss record you had with different coaching staffs in place. SETX logic at its finest right there.

Lol. Like I said, you had no idea what you were talking about. Being "on a curve" and "in a quartile" are completely different places. If you have trouble punctuating and spelling sight words though that's to be expected.

Once again, my current stats and trends have become obsolete in favor of the more pertinent 2005 win/loss record you had with different coaching staffs in place. SETX logic at its finest right there.

LQ, Median and UQ (some people call them Q1, Q2 and Q3) are all measures of location. That is to say that they all tell you something about WHERE a distribution is. -" would rank in the bottom percentile on a bell-shape curve " this is what I said keep it in context I know its hard to do with your condescending ego !  I guess when your wrong you can always become the grammar police to save face kind of childish don't you think ? GO BRONCO'S  !!!!