Republicans Vote To Continue Legal Bribery In Politics

EnlightenedChosenOne

"Fifty-four senators, all Democrats and independents who caucus with the Democrats, voted Thursday for the amendment to clarify in the Constitution that Congress and the states have the authority to do what they did for a century before activist judges began intervening on behalf of wealthy donors and corporations: enact meaningful campaign finance rules and regulations.

But 42 senators, all Republicans, voted no. As a result, Udall noted, the Republican minority was able to "filibuster this measure and instead choose to support a broken system that prioritizes corporations and billionaires over regular voters."

http://m.thenation.com/blog/181590-senate-tried-overturn-citizens-united-today-guess-what-stopped-them

First - Good job avoiding to discuss the topic at hand. Is the title not factually correct? Please explain how corporations "donating" millions and millions of dollars to politicians (who republicans will admit are corrupt) is in the best in interests of the country.

Second - Do you guys really need me to make the 1000th thread on how the economy sucks? Everyone knows it. Let me know, I can post another topic on the economy which I'm sure will spur intelligent discussion.

LOL yet that title was quite different from the one you posted.  And you feigned surprise when I mentioned you as always aiming posts at Republicans?

It's only trolling because it isn't another anti obama hate thread.

Business as usual on setxsports.com . People on this board have literally nothing else to contribute besides "OBAMA BAD, OBAMA SUK".

Are you really so blind to think that if Citizens United were overturned that all of a sudden the money would stop?  Barack Obama himself is awash in money.  The money would just find another way around. 

I agree with laflamablanco... This is a trolling thread.  Big girl could have posted it herself.

Wouldn't the Democrats be shooting themselves in the foot somewhat by doing this?  I believe the Citizens United ruling lumped  unions in with corporations as far as this is concerned, which I don't think was the case prior.  Union PACs donate 89% of the time to Democrats while Business PACs 41%.  Individuals in unions contribute less than 1% of the total individual contributions and they donate to Democrats 97% of the time.  I'm not sure how much the Democrats can count on them to increase their personal contributions if the union PACs were prohibited from donating.  Seems like the hit may damage the Democrats more than the Republicans.

No - ECO you are on the other side of the same coin that you say you hate. With you its all Republicans bad Republicans suck.  And if you can't see that fact then you are truly blind.  But I'm done with the back and forth.  I'l debate with someone that actually want to exchange ideas and thought.  I won't be responding to trolls.

Yes, gotta even the playing field.

You and I both know that's just the narrative they want to sell you. Have you seen how much GE donated to the Obama campaign? They don't want to give that up, they just want moderates, independents and libertarians, who generally all hate big corporate donations, to think they want to give it up.

It's called hedging your bets. Obviously Obama was going to win (maybe not so obvious on here) , so they threw money at him to get on his good side.

You and I both know that's just the narrative they want to sell you. Have you seen how much GE donated to the Obama campaign? They don't want to give that up, they just want moderates, independents and libertarians, who generally all hate big corporate donations, to think they want to give it up.