Dayton local paper

Dayton's local newspaper hit a all time low on its coverage of the Broncos. There was about a 2inch by 2inch article on the football game. There was one little picture and about 50 words. It was a joke. Seems like they have no problem covering other teams and sports. Win or lose dayton football should get a little coverage if not it's not even worth looking at.

Dayton's local newspaper hit a all time low on its coverage of the Broncos. There was about a 2inch by 2inch article on the football game. There was one little picture and about 50 words. It was a joke. Seems like they have no problem covering other teams and sports. Win or lose dayton football should get a little coverage if not it's not even worth looking at.

i agree. there is not much in dayton worth looking at.   :P

yea, um seems like something is majorly wrong there in Dayton. They had better win this week or they might not be in the paper after this game.

Maybe because it was the worse lost in school history..

That's sad because that was Brenham's toughest game in the playoffs leading up to the state game. Found their fans to be supportive of their team, but gracious in defeat. Seems to be a friendly rivalry between us. Got a chance to talk to McBride and some other Broncos at a photo shoot for the Vype Magazine in which my son and other Cubs were invited to. While there was some good ribbing about losing by 1pt, I was impressed at how they gave our boys credit for winning and going to state(not that way with a lot of teams or fans on here, anybody ever here from TCStings2 after we beat TC? ) Sorry, back on topic, whether they win or get blown out, the local paper deserves to give them coverage because they represent the whole community. That's always impressed me about Brenham's paper and radio station. Win or Lose, they cover the Cubs and make the boys feel appreciated by the community! I'll say this, I hope my son and the Cubs can make another run, but if they don't and Dayton goes farther than the Cubs, I'll be cheering them on after meeting some of their fans and kids! Go Cubs!!

That's sad because that was Brenham's toughest game in the playoffs leading up to the state game. Found their fans to be supportive of their team, but gracious in defeat. Seems to be a friendly rivalry between us. Got a chance to talk to McBride and some other Broncos at a photo shoot for the Vype Magazine in which my son and other Cubs were invited to. While there was some good ribbing about losing by 1pt, I was impressed at how they gave our boys credit for winning and going to state(not that way with a lot of teams or fans on here, anybody ever here from TCStings2 after we beat TC? ) Sorry, back on topic, whether they win or get blown out, the local paper deserves to give them coverage because they represent the whole community. That's always impressed me about Brenham's paper and radio station. Win or Lose, they cover the Cubs and make the boys feel appreciated by the community! I'll say this, I hope my son and the Cubs can make another run, but if they don't and Dayton goes farther than the Cubs, I'll be cheering them on after meeting some of their fans and kids! Go Cubs!!

the Tx City and Port Lavaca folks never cameback on.

excellent post and I wish your son and his team the best. Brenham always has excellent talent and coaching which usually go hand in hand.

the Tx City and Port Lavaca folks never cameback on.

Yeah, funny how that happened! Never heard from TC fans again, but if you ever want some entertaining reading check out texas 4a sports forum and read the PLC fans responses! They claim that they beat Cedar Park 1 out of 10 times even though they only beat them by 1pt. However, they claim they would have beaten Brenham 5 out of 10 times because they gave that game to us , even though we whooped their arses! 56-21 and could/should have been worse! They are some of the most delusional fans I have come across. At least the TC fans left and never spoke again!!

Yeah, funny how that happened! Never heard from TC fans again, but if you ever want some entertaining reading check out texas 4a sports forum and read the PLC fans responses! They claim that they beat Cedar Park 1 out of 10 times even though they only beat them by 1pt. However, they claim they would have beaten Brenham 5 out of 10 times because they gave that game to us , even though we whooped their arses! 56-21 and could/should have been worse! They are some of the most delusional fans I have come across. At least the TC fans left and never spoke again!!

Sorry, I know this is a Dayton thread, but wanted to say that to MBG!