Dayton at Nederland Predictions

This is going to be a good one!

the game or the comments. If dayton plays the way they did last night it will be a long season. Just read the paper and the stats were nuts. Dayton had 14 penalties and 4 turnovers. Should of been 6 turnovers but their corners couldn't catch a cold. What you didn't see in the paper was probably 10 dropped passes and missed assignments. Also wouldn't even want to count the missed tackles. There is one play in particular I would scrap also because it resulted in a pick 6 and almost started the game with a pick 6.

I expect a high scoring game.

Dayton 47-31

man at this point I don't have any idea. Channelview has a horrible defense and somehow held dayton to 7 second half points. Unless Nederland is considerably worse on defense than I have ever seen them I doubt we put up 47. Not saying dayton can't or won't win but last night was bad.

Well, I don't see us putting up those kinda numbers. More of a methodical physical run game with Seay in and more passing style with the backup QB who played in 2nd half when Seay went down. Seay threw well and ran well. The backup threw really well, but is not really a run threat and the WRs had at least 5 drops or his numbers would have been even better.

Why are yall worried? Im pretty sure I hinted at Channelview offense being a beast in the Spring with Hurts at QB. Dayton will be fine.

im not worried about the loss because I totally agree with you on Hurts. It's the 14 penalties dropped passes and terrible tackling that worries me. If you would have been at the game you would understand a lot more. If Channelview didnt have 15 penalties which cost them at least 1 td they would of had around 900 yds offense and probably 90+ points. I don't care how good their offense is that calls for concern.

im not worried about the loss because I totally agree with you on Hurts. It's the 14 penalties dropped passes and terrible tackling that worries me. If you would have been at the game you would understand a lot more. If Channelview didnt have 15 penalties which cost them at least 1 td they would of had around 900 yds offense and probably 90+ points. I don't care how good their offense is that calls for concern.

since our game is on TV next week imma be at this one with liltex. Hopefully NED has cleaned up their visitors side a lil bit.

This is going to be another very tough game for Dayton if Seay is healthy. Giving up that amount of rushing yards to a passing team and still throwing a bunch of picks doesn't bode well against a team that wants to run the ball and play defense. Throw in the fact that McBride is already questionable after just one game and the interception issue could be compounded without the #1 target on the field. Ned will not give you the opportunities to score that CV did and could potentially cut those possessions in half. I hope Dayton wins but all this "we're fine" stuff is the same song from last year and the district looks to be even stronger overall this year.

Execution  - we have the talent- we have enough size and speed but Dayton's lacks the discipline to execute on consistent basis.  At times we looked brilliant and other times completely lost. Need to find a way to put some pressure on the QB mix things up a bit , blitz once in a while the Channelview QB was so comfortable in the pocket that I swear I seen him a couple of times texting on his cell phone while waiting for his receivers to get open.

Liltex was that the worse defense performance you seen by Dayton or what? We could be in trouble.

Heck no 2012 SC 45 Dayt 7 in front of the DHS home team,we were 9-0 and had 111 tot yds & 8 1st dwns,2 on penalties.We've traditionally lost alot of pre-season games,but against FW,Angleton,Elkins,Ike but defense was better & we won a few.I plead the 5th on what needs to be fixed,and w/who.TMI It's the Coaches job to stop the bleeding,it's the players job to listen w/o backtalk & play as a team.I don't see the energy or the swagger that comes w/playing solid football=both ways

Dayton kids don't play for this guy like they played for Stewart. Even the crowds are not the same as they were from 2002-2012. My wife taught at Dayton during this time. Much different place now.

If that is the case, then they(the kids) are their own worst enemy. Cause regardless, if they wanna win. They better play as a team. Half of yall are acting like it is the end of the world. They lost. IT WAS THE FIRST GAME of the season. Give um a break! I know a lot of these kids read this board. So all you Dayton Broncos.. Yall want to get somewhere this season, have respect for your coaches,(NOT THAT YOU DON'T IJS) play as a team and support each other. Work hard everyday! 

GO BRONCOS!

If I had a dollar for every time Dayton stunk up the field in the first few games I'd be building a wall between chambers and liberty county.  They always seems to find their groove late and pull a string out of a chickens tail.  Crosby and BH on their schedule will light a fire under them, no doubt.  Now, if they don't pull it out you know we will be here in FULL SUPPORT of our fellow district foes.   ;)

P.S.  Other than WOS, Nederland sucks worse than any team in the area.  I must root for the broncos in this one.