Nederland vs Crosby Aug 29th

Without SC we will probably split just like we used to in bi-district. Your "powerhouse" is gone, and they still couldn't get past the second round. In fact your district hasn't been past the second round in the last 3 years.

Dayton went to the 3rd round in 2011 lost to Manvel who lost to Aledo in state. In fact nederless puppies are the only team in the last 7 years that beat Dayton and did not go to state.

No it won't, but it says a lot for bi-district matchups when you get blown out to open the season then go undefeated in district play. Turns out it held up as y'all were the only team able to beat anybody over here last year. IJS if you lose both games then go win district it says a lot about your district. I know the argument is always that y'all get better during the season but so do we. After we put 40 on y'all I'm sure you will "change the defense" though.

Kinda like Crosby "changed the offense" after a week 0 butt-whipping from the Dogs in 2012?  Can't have it both ways, coug (but I know that you will keep trying).

Week 0 games mean very little by the time a team gets near the playoffs....good teams and good staffs make adjustments and improve as the season wears on...honestly, it has been a Nederland trademark for years so no matter what happens, good or bad, in week 0, I won't put too much stock in it...I'll just use it as a starting point and guage of where we are and look forward to what happens from there

First year, first game for a new coach. Look at the film from that game and it wasn't so much changing the offense as the O line learning their assignments. So many missed assignments made a really really good front four look like the best in the State. Plus, they aren't there anymore, but the COOGS do have a pretty legit O line. So Crosby didn't change their offense, they learned their assignments, big difference!

Kinda like Crosby "changed the offense" after a week 0 butt-whipping from the Dogs in 2012? Can't have it both ways, coug (but I know that you will keep trying).

Week 0 games mean very little by the time a team gets near the playoffs....good teams and good staffs make adjustments and improve as the season wears on...honestly, it has been a Nederland trademark for years so no matter what happens, good or bad, in week 0, I won't put too much stock in it...I'll just use it as a starting point and guage of where we are and look forward to what happens from there

First year, first game for a new coach. Look at the film from that game and it wasn't so much changing the offense as the O line learning their assignments. So many missed assignments made a really really good front four look like the best in the State. Plus, they aren't there anymore, but the COOGS do have a pretty legit O line. So Crosby didn't change their offense, they learned their assignments, big difference!
Stupid phone(that's what I'm blaming it on anyway. This was my reply to Razor.

Without SC we will probably split just like we used to in bi-district.  Your "powerhouse" is gone, and they still couldn't get past the second round.  In fact your district hasn't been past the second round in the last 3 years.

The last two years in bi-district our 4th place team has beaten your third place team by 31(BH vs Livingston) and 33(Dayton vs LCM) so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say whoever finished fifth in our district would have at least won, maybe not those type of beatings but wins no less. As to your third round comment I would say this; Ned had the benefit two of the last three years of getting a good draw matchup wise. When you got GT in the second round, a team that got beat 70-7 by Elgin last year, you were blown out again by almost the identical score. Y'all went undefeated in your district while GT finished 3rd or 4th in theirs. Our district is like 13-3(Ned all 3) against y'all as a whole the last two years so it's not just SC.

The point was, they improved as any good team should from week 0

Couldn't have said it any better. The kids didn't even know the plays. It was good for Ned to get that win otherwise Ned would have NEVER beaten Crosby. Neumann was getting out coaches by Flannigan so what do you think Roidan is going to start doing to him?

*and by the way, scoring 14 in the first quarter then playing the last three 7-7 isn't exactly a butt whoopin'. Getting 35 hung on you in the first half, then looking like you were going to give up 70 until your coach capitulated is getting your butt whipped.

I tell you what I told BH a couple of years ago, those non-district games really did alot for you didn't they?  Since you went out the same round as we did.  With all of your D1 players and all.   You are starting to sound like the SC posters.

I tell you what I told BH a couple of years ago, those non-district games really did alot for you didn't they?  Since you went out the same round as we did.  With all of your D1 players and all.   You are starting to sound like the SC posters.

Like I said, y'all have gotten somewhat of a break with the draw recently. Trust me, you didn't want any part of SC in bi-distric, they were a terrible matchup for y'all. IDK how I sound like an SC poster but if we go 22-0 in the regular season and bi-district and blow out every team we play from over there I'll take it.

If you ask the elite coaches in the state they'll tell you those non-district games are very important in getting their teams ready, that's why North Shore has Manvel, Westfield AND Trinity on the schedule pre-district. Ask the best coach around here for the last 20 years, Jerry Stewart, on how he scheduled and perceived non-district games? If they don't matter why don't you tell Neumann to forfeit?

In the overall scheme of things it doesn't matter, but we still try to schedule tough teams to test us.  Thats why we play WOS , and have had Angelton, TC, LM , Friendswood and Brenham on our preseason schedule in the past.

hmmmmm, pretty sure yall could play another Jefferson county school instead of lil ol WOS. :)

Bg. I don't ever see that game happening unless they are put in the same district. I don't blame Neumann for not playing memorial. They have big numbers of d1 recruits and would play a team with very lil d1 talent. Seems like on paper this would be a massacre. But I wouldn't bet against Nederland owning memorial this year. You will never know will you? Plus I like it that they don't play cause you piss and moan so much. Free entertainment

Bg. I don't ever see that game happening unless they are put in the same district. I don't blame Neumann for not playing memorial. They have big numbers of d1 recruits and would play a team with very lil d1 talent. Seems like on paper this would be a massacre. But I wouldn't bet against Nederland owning memorial this year. You will never know will you? Plus I like it that they don't play cause you piss and moan so much. Free entertainment

yall play Central every year. No D1 talent on that team? Btw they beat us recently. So much for the abundance of D1 talent excuse Nederland.

I'll say this, Riordan and Faircloth know each other and that's why Crosby doesn't play PNG in the regular season anymore. Just remember Dogpound, your guy is the one who called and asked for this series to get started 3 years ago. You got him the first year, but last year it was a different story. Tie breaker this year and you guys need Seay to play QB, RB, WR, Safety, and Linebacker. The kid actually could do that, but I don't think he will. Good luck, and hope all the kids stay healthy, Crosby 45-35.

im just curious to see how Ned Rebounds from all the kids that Graduated last year. Their defense was good against the run but showed vulnerability against the pass. Without Kilmner there with Sage and those two defensive lineman gone, the defense looks to be questionable at best. Im like you dont think Sage can fill all of the problemed shoes at one time. I do see him going both ways atleast 98 % of the time. Barring any injuries it could wear him down .