Thomas Sowell -- Dismantling America

jv_coach

I would say that Christian values, while still around to some extent, are vastly diminished.  Society looks askance at success and finds nobility in those without success and convinces those that they are victims of an unfair society thus causing the country to take "compassion" to an extreme.

I would say that Christian values, while still around to some extent, are vastly diminished.  Society looks askance at success and finds nobility in those without success and convinces those that they are victims of an unfair society thus causing the country to take "compassion" to an extreme.

And you're saying it all happened under Obama. Your foolish.

also  SLAVERY is over.....get with the times. 

seriously PAM  "what values does this country......."

you must be deaf and blind

Not I must be a American that don't ____ & complain. Stop make believe that some how this country is on a fast track to hell every generation swear it's the last days of being a superpower. Name me one simple value you can say was changed by Obama and Obama only. And values are suppose to change with time. We once valued slaves once valued not giving woman rights once valued segregation. AMERICA IS NOT LOSING IT VALUES. IT'S LOSING WHAT YOU VALUE. It a difference.

I find if curious (not disputing the fact) that crime rates have gone down, but I now have to lock my house, car and every other thing. I have a lock on my trailer hitch. Twenty years ago I would never lock my house. I left my keys in the car ignition most of the time. House alarm systems were for paranoid rich people.

But to answer the question, the sanctity of marriage has been dismantled. Instilling discipline in a child/juvenile is considered abusive. The idea of self-reliance is a thing of the past. Taking responsibility for one's own actions is out the window. Modesty and courtesy in public has evaporated. For way way too many people, taking care of your family is considered the job of the government. Reliance on government assistance is now considered normal. These are few things off the top of my head.

Many things have changed for the better, and many things have changed for the worse. I would love to be able to keep all of the electronic gadgets, appliances, medical advancements, etc. that we have today, but live in Mayberry (I still watch old episodes of Andy Griffith). Does a town like that exist anywhere today?

Raider......a lot of school age children along with parents don't even know that word

Moral -  ......distinction btw right and wrong........derives from B...I...B...L...E...

They have to be taught what that means.

I ve been in the school setting for quite some time.....I see the behaviors of children and their parents....

im not saying its the end of times but To ignore that fact is neglect and irresponsible as humans.  Most of us will not see the results of today's actions, laws, and the change in right and wrong.  But believe me their will be an influence on the tomorrows from the actions/inactions of today.

JCDGD00Z.jpg

Abortion in 1842....It's been going on a long time.......

So has homosexuality, but we as a society, have only embraced it as normal behavior recently.

Have we done some good things...absolutely, but Englebert made some great points in his post on how our moral fiber has declined collectively.

Of course, many call that being progressive.

Raider......a lot of school age children along with parents don't even know that word

Moral -  ......distinction btw right and wrong........derives from B...I...B...L...E...
They have to be taught what that means.

I ve been in the school setting for quite some time.....I see the behaviors of children and their parents....
im not saying its the end of times but To ignore that fact is neglect and irresponsible as humans.  Most of us will not see the results of today's actions, laws, and the change in right and wrong.  But believe me their will be an influence on the tomorrows from the actions/inactions of today.

Yet I thought Christianity pop. was up across the globe

America Is deciding to let people be who they are for the first time. This new generation (my generation) is saying no to discrimination We're saying what a person decides to do with their life is their decision. To say some is against a controlling government. They show have no problem with the government telling you who you can marry or what your allowed to do with your own body. Hmmmmm

America Is deciding to let people be who they are for the first time. This new generation (my generation) is saying no to discrimination We're saying what a person decides to do with their life is their decision. To say some is against a controlling government. They show have no problem with the government telling you who you can marry or what your allowed to do with your own body. Hmmmmm

So you agree with prostitution and polygamy?

Bingo so your not against abortion because of religious beliefs. .. It's all about the all mighty dollar

Bingo, so let us be who we want to be Christians who don't believe in abortion and don't want to pay for it.

Abortion affects more than "your own body" ...as a result a child is not born.

That's the problem Christians (and many others) have with abortion...we don't view it as a "choice"...we view it as ending a life, whether it's legal or not.

Hmmmmmm.

Along this same line of discussion a question was asked of me (even with research) it was very difficult to answer, but here goes.

What is the difference in an abortion (within the legal trimester) and a person causing the death to the unborn child during the same time frame of legal abortion?

In other words why is one legal and the other potentially charged with murder of the unborn?

In my limited findings, in short, (California law) it was stated that the definition of when life began was defined differently between the 2 senerios...made no sense to me.

Bingo, so let us be who we want to be Christians who don't believe in abortion and don't want to pay for it.

I'm a Christian Jr decon being a Christian doesn't give you the right to control other people's life. I don't believe I'll go to hell because so & so married the same race. My father knows where my heart is on this issue and I'm comfortable with that. I pray for souls not condemn because one day we all will answer to GOD.

Abortion affects more than "your own body" ...as a result a child is not born.

That's the problem Christians (and many others) have with abortion...we don't view it as a "choice"...we view it as ending a life, whether it's legal or not.

Hmmmmmm.

I know a lot of Christian that's for the death penalty thou shall not kill....Says the bible ... I just see politicians using the bible to support something they want to control. I don't see nothing religious in D.C.

I know a lot of Christian that's for the death penalty thou shall not kill....Says the bible ... I just see politicians using the bible to support something they want to control. I don't see nothing religious in D.C.

The Bible (Hebrew) does not say Thou shall not kill...the proper interpretation is Thou shall not murder or more specifically according to Hebrew interpretation, Thou shall not shed INNOCENT blood.

To condemn someone to death for a heinous crime is not shedding innocent blood....killing the unborn is.

The Bible (Hebrew) does not say Thou shall not kill...the proper interpretation is Thou shall not murder or more specifically according to Hebrew interpretation, Thou shall not shed INNOCENT blood.

To condemn someone to death for a heinous crime is not shedding innocent blood....killing the unborn is.

Simple question you believe God is for or against capital murder. ...because I have a lot of Scripture I can post for my belief. You have to capital punishment is nothing more than revenge giving man the ability to kill. John 8:7-11

Simple question you believe God is for or against capital murder. ...because I have a lot of Scripture I can post for my belief. You have to capital punishment is nothing more than revenge giving man the ability to kill. John 8:7-11

I believe God's system was to have GODLY men in place to determine guilt or innocence and I believe capitol punishment is a proper sentence sometimes.

Having the GODLY men in place is where it breaks down much of the time.

Are you going to tell me you are against capitol punishment but believe abortion should be legal.

Abortion sure seems to be capitol punishment to me...and surely it is to the child it is administered to.