Saddam's WMD Confirmed!!

smitty

Big girl, Obama is increasing the number of troops being deployed to Iraq. It is only 300 more, but how does that make you feel? Aren't their lives as precious as the thousands of troops that President Bush deployed? Is this a double-edged sword for you?

We are already having to beef up security at air terminals due to Al-Quaida possibly possessing undetectable bombs. What if Isis got hold of some WMDs and were able to smuggle them into this country and house them next door to you? Maybe even a "dirty" bomb. Would it make you think that maybe if we had headed it off "over there", we could spare innocent lives here? When does my life become precious to you? Remember, these militants have absolutely no regard for life. They will blow themselves up in your face so they can enjoy Eternity with 72 virgins.

But let us not concentrate our thoughts on current and scary events, let's delve into the past and discuss the Bush years and how Sadaam Insane was a saint.

It's against my better judgment to become involved in this thread at all, but I think I have a moral duty to the truth that requires me to, even if some of the people who read this post would prefer to stick to an inaccurate narrative in the face of inconvenient evidence.

http://blog.usni.org/2012/07/20/iraq-chemical-weapons-moved-to-syria-before-2003-invasion

This is a link to a blog post on the website of the United States Naval Institute - not Fox News or MSNBC or any news media organization that could be perceived as biased either way, but rather a 140 year-old non-profit think tank based on the grounds of the United States Naval Academy that counts several retired US military leaders among its membership.

The actual blog post contains direct quotations from a number of significant figures in the international intelligence community. Perhaps most notably is a statement made in 2003 by James Clapper, a retired general in the United States Air Force and current Director of National Intelligence under the presidential administration of Barack H. Obama, in which he made a very convincing case based on satellite imagery that Saddam Hussein had moved his chemical weapons stockpiles out of Iraq and into Syria in the months leading up to the beginning of Operation: Iraqi Freedom in March of 2003.

The blog also contains the assertions of former Iraqi Air Force General Georges Sada, who claimed in his memoirs and to the New York Sun that two separate Iraqi Airways jetliners were covertly converted into cargo planes and used to funnel chemical stockpiles by air to Syria in 56 separate flights under the guise of Iraqi aid following a Syrian dam collapse in 2002.

Additionally, and most damningly, are the assertions contained within the blog made by the Israeli Director of Military Intelligence, General Moshe Ya'alon, who provided evidence of Iraqi truck convoys carrying chemical stockpiles into Syria from December of 2002 to February of 2003 under the direction of former Soviet KGB Chief General Yevgeny Primakov, who headed the Soviet Union's special envoy to Saddam Hussein's Iraq in the evil empire's dying days.

I don't know how much more plain I can make this. It's obvious at this point that Saddam had his chemical weapons, and that he got them to Syria before the US invaded - even one of his own generals admits this. Further, the evidence strongly implies that the Russians were involved in helping him do so.

The only thing these assertions lack is the indisputable proof necessary to carry them over from reasonable suspicions to credible charges, which would likely be found if US troops were deployed into Syria, thus explaining Putin's position of defiant opposition to US involvement in the Syrian crisis after remaining utterly silent about US involvement in the same kinds of situations in North Africa.

Why didnt iraq use the weapons of mass destruction when the US invaded; insteAd of, hiding them in Syria? Do you think we could get away with invading Russia or would they hide their wmd in Cambodia and let us take over their country. That would be stupid.

When you hide WMDs in other countries, your access to them is not very good when the enemy is bombing the heck out of you and you cant get to them.  Plus, if they had accessed the WMDs right after they insisted they didn't have any, they would have had no credibility with anyone, especially the U.S. dems.  While mustard gas has been great at killing your own people( as Saddam Hussein had previously done), it doesn't have much impact on the enemy flying his bomber high above you.

No, I am not saying that mustard gas is not a WMD.  You aren't "buying" that- no big deal because you still havent "bought" the 17 trillion dollar debt- but it exists whether you are "buying" or not.  Anybody who is willing to wage war knows what the risks are to his/her life and Saddam knew very well that he was going to be invaded.

He couldnt get to them- they were hidden in another country and chemical weapons will not do much good against a bomber flying by.  Big Girl, please answer this for me.  If you are Saddam Hussein and you have been attacked by the most powerful country in the World, who has nuclear weaponry at its disposal, do you believe that chemical weapons are going to do much good if you can manage to get them back in your country?

So.....why didnt he use his "arsenal of weapons"?

If I put all my guns in my neighbor's house and somebody breaks into my home the day after, are you going to sit there and ask me why I didn't use my guns? No, because the answer is obvious: I didn't have them on me.

The better question to ask is why I chose to put my guns in my neighbor's house where I couldn't get to them if I needed them. It sounds stupid... until you find out that I'm an excon with several prior felony convictions who's banned by law from owning a gun, and that the people who were breaking in were law enforcement officers carrying out a search warrant to find my guns.

Saddam may have been a tyrant, but he wasn't stupid. He, like the North Vietnamese forty years earlier, knew that America is susceptible to something a traditional enemy is not: war weary public opinion. And that belief wasn't without validation; the last time we had invaded Iraq in 1991, the first President Bush chose to halt the invasion after liberating Kuwait and not to remove Saddam for fear that it would take the war to another level and turn public opinion against him.

Now, knowing that, put yourself in Saddam's shoes. You're facing a war you know you cannot win conventionally against a vastly superior enemy that's beaten you before. If coalition forces come in and find chemical weapons or worse, you choose to use them in your own defense, you're done. It's just like the excon; if the police find his guns or worse, he uses them to try and keep them out, he's facing that many more charges and convictions, and that much more jail time. If, on the other hand, coalition forces find no chemical weapons - if the police don't find the guns - there's a chance public opinion turns against the war and they leave - that the police, their warrant expired, exit the home and your life goes back to normal.

In essence, Saddam was hoping for a repeat of the Gulf War. The US comes in, finds no chemical weapons, turns around and leaves because the primary objective is either completed or uncompletable, and he stays in power, leaving him to go and retrieve his weapons later. It also explains why he stayed in the country as long as he did; how many third world dictators are going to stick around when the world's most powerful military force comes a callin' unless they believe it won't be there for very long? Especially going from living in a palace to living in a hole under a piece of plywood.

If I put all my guns in my neighbor's house and somebody breaks into my home the day after, are you going to sit there and ask me why I didn't use my guns? No, because the answer is obvious: I didn't have them on me.

The better question to ask is why I chose to put my guns in my neighbor's house where I couldn't get to them if I needed them. It sounds stupid... until you find out that I'm an excon with several prior felony convictions who's banned by law from owning a gun, and that the people who were breaking in were law enforcement officers carrying out a search warrant to find my guns.

Saddam may have been a tyrant, but he wasn't stupid. He, like the North Vietnamese forty years earlier, knew that America is susceptible to something a traditional enemy is not: war weary public opinion. And that belief wasn't without validation; the last time we had invaded Iraq in 1991, the first President Bush chose to halt the invasion after liberating Kuwait and not to remove Saddam for fear that it would take the war to another level and turn public opinion against him.

Now, knowing that, put yourself in Saddam's shoes. You're facing a war you know you cannot win conventionally against a vastly superior enemy that's beaten you before. If coalition forces come in and find chemical weapons or worse, you choose to use them in your own defense, you're done. It's just like the excon; if the police find his guns or worse, he uses them to try and keep them out, he's facing that many more charges and convictions, and that much more jail time. If, on the other hand, coalition forces find no chemical weapons - if the police don't find the guns - there's a chance public opinion turns against the war and they leave - that the police, their warrant expired, exit the home and your life goes back to normal.

In essence, Saddam was hoping for a repeat of the Gulf War. The US comes in, finds no chemical weapons, turns around and leaves because the primary objective is either completed or uncompletable, and he stays in power, leaving him to go and retrieve his weapons later. It also explains why he stayed in the country as long as he did; how many third world dictators are going to stick around when the world's most powerful military force comes a callin' unless they believe it won't be there for very long? Especially going from living in a palace to living in a hole under a piece of plywood.

he still died...

Why in the hell would you give your neighbors your guns. Wouldnt thst be stupid.?

Did you bother to read the entire example, or did you read the first two sentences and quit?

It took us 11 yrs to figure that out? That is a stupid assertion.

Did you bother to read my last post on the subject? The one with the emboldened, underlined and highlighted statements? If you did, you would know that Clapper, a current Obama administration intelligence official, made his claims in 2003, that Sada, former Vice Marshall of Saddam's air force, made his statements in 2006, and that Ya'alon, former director of Israeli military intelligence, provided his assertions in 2002. So no, it didn't take eleven years for people to draw these conclusions. You're just hearing about it for the first time after eleven years.

he still died...

Yes, he did. And that is often the result of strategic miscalculations in situations like these. But that doesn't change the fact that he was still in the country. So, I reiterate, why do you think Saddam, who only had his own interests at heart, would stay in an active war zone where the most advanced military force in the world was looking for him if he thought they would be there for very long?

Bama Kid, when you request too much thinking/analysis/deliberation of someone who does little of the same, you should not expect a  cogent response or perhaps any response.  Furthermore, the liberal websites consulted prior to the response, may not provide fodder for a  response.  So I suspect there will be no response or you will be told that everything you posted is a lie , the genesis of which is somehow associated with Fox news.