Seattle Raises Minimum Wage $15 Per Hour...

smitty

So what will that make a Big Mac meal cost? I'm betting about $15.00. Since it was very near to the cost of minimum wage now. That will be goodness for those getting the big raise, they will be able to buy a lot more now. Oh wait, no, they still can only buy the same amount. Maybe they should raise minimum wage to $30.00. That would fix it! ;(

So what will that make a Big Mac meal cost? I'm betting about $15.00. Since it was very near to the cost of minimum wage now. That will be goodness for those getting the big raise, they will be able to buy a lot more now. Oh wait, no, they still can only buy the same amount. Maybe they should raise minimum wage to $30.00. That would fix it! ;(

$10.00 from 7 is not that big of a jump prices will not jump that high.

Average McDonalds employs 60 people.

Just say 50 of those are part time working 15 hours a week.

At  $7.00 an hour:   50 employees X $7.00/hr X 15 hrs/week X 52 weeks =  $273,000.00 year

At $10.00 an hour:   50 employees X $10.00/hr X 15 hrs/week X 52 weeks =  $390,000.00 year

That would be a $117,000.00 increase per year...someone has to pay for that.

At $7.00 an hour: 50 employees X $7.00/hr X 15 hrs/week X 52 weeks = $273,000.00 year

At $10.00 an hour: 50 employees X $10.00/hr X 15 hrs/week X 52 weeks = $390,000.00 year

That is a 43% increase in salary. Not that big of a jump?

If you make $40,000 a year and walk in on Monday and your Boss said, Hey you are getting a 43% raise. You now make $57,200!  Would your reply be That is not that big of a jump??

making you think! B)

At $7.00 an hour: 50 employees X $7.00/hr X 15 hrs/week X 52 weeks = $273,000.00 year

At $10.00 an hour: 50 employees X $10.00/hr X 15 hrs/week X 52 weeks = $390,000.00 year

instead of making 59 million a year, maybe the ceo could make 58.7 million a year. This is about profit margins and pure greed. Costco pays their employees a liveable wage and they offer them full benefits..Their business is booming.

instead of making 59 million a year, maybe the ceo could make 58.7 million a year. This is about profit margins and pure greed. Costco pays their employees a liveable wage and they offer them full benefits..Their business is booming.

Problem is the increase will effect your local feed store that employs 5-6 high school kids, as well as thousand of other small businesses...not just the large companies.

Profit margins and pure greed :rolleyes: ...I would expect nothing else from you.  

I always hear the left screaming about how much CEOs make but not a peep about entertainers or athletes.

Problem is the increase will effect your local feed store that employs 5-6 high school kids, as well as thousand of other small businesses...not just the large companies.

Profit margins and pure greed :rolleyes: ...I would expect nothing else from you.  

I always hear the left screaming about how much CEOs make but not a peep about entertainers or athletes.

What's the point...she claims to be intelligent, but can't even seem to answer a direct question. She has no idea how business works or who is going to pay that $117,000.  Unless she thinks the CEO is going to take a pay cut....

What's the point...she claims to be intelligent, but can't even seem to answer a direct question. She has no idea how business works or who is going to pay that $117,000.  Unless she thinks the CEO is going to take a pay cut....

Seem to always be the answer...CEOs are always making too much money...taking money out of the working man's pocket.

The title of the thread says minimum wage to $15.00 per hour not $10.00. I bet since McDonald's has taken the time to figure out how much they have to charge to make a profit, doubling the cost of salaries will just about double their prices. I know I definitely don't mind paying twice as much for the same product so the 30 year old (who has a hard time counting to 3 orders of French fries in a bag, or 10 mcnuggets in a box, can keep working in an entry level job instead of trying to improve themself and getting a better paying job, so that a high school kid can find a job to get some work experience and spending money.

What was the minium wage before it was raised to 7.25 /hr

Google it

I know this might be a new concept for you, but instead of just throwing your opinion out, or getting other people to do your research......why don't you do it yourself.....

Maybe even throw in a link to support your argument......If you did that, we MIGHT even take you serious

The president wants it raised to 10.10/hr, but we can all volunteer to work for $3.00/hr. That would really help the unemployment rate. You guys didnt complain when the minimum wage wasv raised before, but now that president Obama has suggested it, it is the end of the world as we know it. You guys are pathetic. Smh

The minimum wage was 5.15, it was then raised to 7.25 and the US has not collapsed. President obama wants it raised to 10.10/hr

WRONG.....

It was $4.75 in 1996,  then $5.15 in 1997, Then $5.85 in 2007,  then $6.55 in 2008, THEN $7.25 in 2009

but facts never really stood in your way of you trying to make a point