Dozens of same-sex couples marry after federal judge strikes down Oregon ban

LumRaiderFan

I think we know how this will go.

:)

I actually don't think the fed gov should have any business in defining marriage...if anything it should be left to the states.

I would have no problem with the states being out of it as well and letting local churches/institutions marry (and be free not to marry) whom they choose.

Even though I may not agree with the lifestyle, I would not want to legally restrict anyone from living it.

I have family members that are gay and while I don't agree with it (they know it) I still love them the same (they know this also).

the only thing this proves is that society's opinion has changed for a solid majority of people, and those people will backlash against politicians who in their eyes are marginalizing or discriminating against a sector of society. 

I actually don't think the fed gov should have any business in defining marriage...if anything it should be left to the states.

I would have no problem with the states being out of it as well and letting local churches/institutions marry (and be free not to marry) whom they choose.

Even though I may not agree with the lifestyle, I would not want to legally restrict anyone from living it.

I have family members that are gay and while I don't agree with it (they know it) I still love them the same (they know this also).

this is not the reply that i expected from you, but i definitely agree with it.  I totally believe that it should be up to a church as to whether they'll allow it, and if not, because of their teachings, that's obviously okay.  legal marriages do not have to be performed in a church.

I still think we have to legalize marrying animals if we legalize gay marriage.  Since you claim that we should not let the government define marriage, we should also allow people to marry animals.

Please.  Surely you see the difference between 2 consenting adults choosing to marry verses a pet.  Right?

the only thing this proves is that society's opinion has changed for a solid majority of people, and those people will backlash against politicians who in their eyes are marginalizing or discriminating against a sector of society. 

.  I am not against gay marriage and do not care what takes place between two consenting adults.  I am against promoting /glamorizing those instances by the media.  I would prefer not to be told  that all this is about is equal treatment.  What is desired is to have better than equal treatment in order for some to feel they have been treated as equals.

I still think we have to legalize marrying animals if we legalize gay marriage. Since you claim that we should not let the government define marriage, we should also allow people to marry animals.

I thought you guys wanted less government intervention. I dont think gay marriage should be legal, but again on what grounds can you stop it?

My wish is that Lumberton becomes a vocal point for equal marriage. ;)

this is not the reply that i expected from you, but i definitely agree with it.  I totally believe that it should be up to a church as to whether they'll allow it, and if not, because of their teachings, that's obviously okay.  legal marriages do not have to be performed in a church.

I am a small gov guy... the less intrusive we can make gov, the better.

The thing that makes me angriest about this article is the legislation from the bench...on ANY subject.