NFL draft, why???

How many other 7th round picks are the first openly gay. He is going to get a lot of media coverage. This is a big deal to new age America.

So his coverage has to do with his sexuality, not his ability to play football? Then give him a reality show and keep his sexuality out of sports. There's too much of this crap on TV these days the way it is. The last thing the world needs is to see it during sporting events!!!

So his coverage has to do with his sexuality, not his ability to play football? Then give him a reality show and keep his sexuality out of sports. There's too much of this crap on TV these days the way it is. The last thing the world needs is to see it during sporting events!!!

It is because he is the start of a new era, the same Jackie Robinson, its going to be the same thing when the NFL gets its first truly foreign player, its a historical event and the media is going to cover it.

It is because he is the start of a new era, the same Jackie Robinson, its going to be the same thing when the NFL gets its first truly foreign player, its a historical event and the media is going to cover it.

That is reaching. Jackie Robinson could play. Happened to be during a bad time in America. Michael Sam? Probably drafted because of his announcement. Small chance to be on the roster come regular season. Maybe find a different analogy

That is reaching. Jackie Robinson could play. Happened to be during a bad time in America. Michael Sam? Probably drafted because of his announcement. Small chance to be on the roster come regular season. Maybe find a different analogy

At the time if the announcement I saw most people had him as a three or four.

Sam's sexual orientation is not even in the same class as not being allowed to play because of race. He is not the first gay football player and as far as first openly gay football player, who cares. I don't want to know, the other draft picks didn't announce that they were straight. If he's gay, he's gay, no need to tell the world, quit making such a big deal about your personal life. My beliefs don't agree with it nor do I chastise him for it, I'm just sick of having it shoved in my face everywhere you turn.

Michael Sam was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year?? Lol he actually has the skills set to be drafted in the late 4th/early 5th. But slid because he was gay lol

Sounds like someone needs to broaden his spectrum, huh? Lol stop being so judgemental and let the man be who he is. Gay, straight, black, white, tall, short, dumb, smart. Does it really matter? What effect does it have on you? Lol

And nooooo. Jackie Robinson was called up to make a statement. He could play, don't get me wrong. But there were a lot of other negros that were just as good if not better than him who didn't get a shot.

You got a lot of inside info. But all your laughing I question your sanity. I don't have a problem w him and am not judging. I was talking about the analogy being used. For those of you from woodville, that is a comparison of two things. So relax Joker before you choke yourself up laughing. And if he slid because he is gay, as you say, instead of his lack of skills to play impact positions in the NFL, that's a discrimination. And GM's are judgmental, not me. And just because you play in the sec, you are not automatically NFL ready. And calling Jackie a statement negro, well, I can see who needs to "broaden his spectrum".

• 3 months later...