*2014 NFL draft round 1 thread*

I'll say this... A little bit of humble pie might go a long way to making JFF a better football player. Am I the only one that could see him having trouble fitting his huge head into a helmet if his ego got further inflated by being drafted in the top three? Immediately learning that he's not the best thing out there might help ensure that he works hard to try and fit into whatever scheme on whatever team he ends up on.

Do you know him? I'm just wondering how you know so much about his huge head other than reports on TV. Everyone I've heard of that actually knows Johnny, seems to like the guy.

Do you know him? I'm just wondering how you know so much about his huge head other than reports on TV. Everyone I've heard of that actually knows Johnny, seems to like the guy.

I've seen how he carries himself on and off the field. I'm sure he's a real likeable guy, but that doesn't change the perception of him that his own actions and behavior has created. If he'd been picked first they probably would've had to let him wear the big blowup helmet that the players run through before the game. ;)

I've seen how he carries himself on and off the field. I'm sure he's a real likeable guy, but that doesn't change the perception of him that his own actions and behavior has created. If he'd been picked first they probably would've had to let him wear the big blowup helmet that the players run through before the game. ;)

What perception of him that "his own actions and behaviors have created" are you taking about? I'm just trying to figure out why you are hating. I get GCMPats hating Johnny. He couldn't get into A&M and has to settle for Southwest Texas St. It happens.

You seem better than that though. Especially with all the talk you do in the political forum.

What perception of him that "his own actions and behaviors have created" are you taking about? I'm just trying to figure out why you are hating. I get GCMPats hating Johnny. He couldn't get into A&M and has to settle for Southwest Texas St. It happens.

You seem better than that though. Especially with all the talk you do in the political forum.

I just don't care for the guy. All of the flaunting of public partying, the legal problems, taunting opponents, cockiness, blatant rule breaking and subsequent lack of a punishment, etc. add to that all of the fans that act like he's a choirboy and it gets a little old. His personality, or at least the one he's chosen to show on TV and social media just rubs me the wrong way. Add to that his sometimes questionable decision making and fly by the seat of his pants play on the field, combined with his fairly small stature, and I don't think he's the sure bet that everyone thinks he is. None of that takes away from the fact that he's an electrifying playmaker, and a polarizing figure that by merely being in it has made the nfl draft, which is usually a fairly boring affair, the biggest news story of the week.

It is weird that Johnny went #22 and his press conference leads SportsCenter

Exactly like Brady Quinn in '07. Was like déjà vu tonight. Both even went exactly at #22 to Cleveland. Let's hope his career takes a better path. I would think and hope so.

I just don't care for the guy. All of the flaunting of public partying, the legal problems, taunting opponents, cockiness, blatant rule breaking and subsequent lack of a punishment, etc. add to that all of the fans that act like he's a choirboy and it gets a little old. His personality, or at least the one he's chosen to show on TV and social media just rubs me the wrong way. Add to that his sometimes questionable decision making and fly by the seat of his pants play on the field, combined with his fairly small stature, and I don't think he's the sure bet that everyone thinks he is. None of that takes away from the fact that he's an electrifying playmaker, and a polarizing figure that by merely being in it has made the nfl draft, which is usually a fairly boring affair, the biggest news story of the week.

I tend to share the same opinion. However, as I've said many times, I hope he does well at the next level. The NFL will be a better product with him as a star. The love em or hate em types are always good for sports. Whether he will be a smashing success remains to be seen. As you say, there are a lot of ?s to be answered with him. I hope they are answered positively.

Off subject - if you haven't seen it, YouTube Manziel dunking basketballs. It is pretty darn impressive for a 5'11" kid. Serious hops. And gives you a better idea how freaking big his hands are.

So you hate on a kid that is acting like a normal college student, but you support a cross dressing woman/man with a penis that was my 12 yr old son's subsitute teacher?

I guess I just don't get all of the hate for Johnny. Every college across the country is full of kids just like Johnny minus the Heisman Trophy. He is the first of the new social media superstar that embraced all of it and Is going to make a killing off of his fame. With all of the "blatant rule breaking" as you put it, I guess I'm just glad that he hasn't been accused of raping multiple women, stealing from fast food restaurants, shooting at people with BB guns, and stealing crab legs as some recent Heisman winners have done. I guess supposedly signing autographs, traveling around going to sporting events, and partying was way worse.