Who wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Vidor in regulation
    • Vidor in OT/SO
    • Lumberton in regulation
    • Lumberton in OT/SO

District is here!

First big match of the campaign looks to be Lumberton going on the road to Vidor.  Remember, the district is using a point system this year that may greatly affect the final standings.  Three points will be awarded for a win in regulation.  If the game goes past regulation (overtime or shootout) the points will be split with the winner getting 2 points and the loser getting 1.

Yea thats the system we used last year... and it kept us out of the playoffs... We had more wins and even ties than Spring... but they went over us just b/c they won both of their shootouts.... its a stupid system if you ask me...

Would you still think it was a stupid system if you had come away with the better half of the stick?  There's going to be many, many teams who are very similar in talent who will be vying for those three spots, and there's no room on the schedule for a tie-braker game, so...

I thought about that actually after it had happened... and I thought then still even if we had been going instead of them that it was and is...well... not neccessarilly unfair... but it is an unjust system... Take for example if one of the weaker teams in the district(not naming any names) was able to hold off one of the more elite teams for a draw... the advantage would most likely go to the stronger teams in the 35 yard shootout... JMO....

went to the Vidor/Lumb game last night.  first varsity soccer game i've attended.  thought it an interesting game.  it was better hot chocolate weather than football games.  we always look forward to cool football game weather.  thought it might be a bit cold and wet for soccer shorts though.  good game all in all, though i was a bit amazed at one goalie waiting for the ball to fall in his lap.  don't understand why Vidor had so many off-sides called on them.  maybe someone can explain the off-sides thing to me.  whatever the rule, though, surely Vidor knows the rules better than me.  difficult to concentrate in that though weather i suppose.  better luck next game guys.  need some more support for our team.  though it may have been warmer at the basketball game the same night.  hmmm, just thinking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder