Bridge City vs WOS.

Hats off to WOS for pulling out the victory tonite. Good teams take advantage of every opportunity (strategy, other teams miscues, beneficial calls, heads up baseball) and that's exactly what they did tonight. BC leaving a ton of guys on base is a big part of the story, just couldn't get the timely hit. WOS played very well tonite and should be congratulated on the win.

As far the umpiring crew goes it's an embarrassment to TASO that they send guys like this to call a high profile game. Both coaches should be insulted that a guy who was playing Babe Ruth 2 years ago was put in charge of such an important district game. Both of these guys were in way over their head and it showed. Both schools deserve better in my opinion. It's a shame to do what they did to any team. Certainly took away from the contest for all involved. I can guarantee neither of these guys will ever work a BC game again and I'd be shocked if they ever call one for WOS either.

Rake1

I can look back over the whole season and look at all the jacked up umpires that i have seen in district play! You have to try and overcome that, which can be very tough in games like this. It was an extremely long game. the young kid behind the plate really made it tough on both pitchers and in some instances on batters too. In district play we do need better umps than what i seen this year. it was a tough loss for BC and a great win for WOS. Also congrats to JD from WOS for taking the hill in such a big game and handling it with composure and character and getting the win for the Mustangs. AA also did a fantastic job on the hill. One thing for sure BC never gave up and that a testament to a true championship team. Good luck in the playoffs WOS and BC

Some video highlights.... missed the start of the first inning but listened live to KOGT and it sounds like the controversial stuff didn't start until the game was already 3-0 (as I was walking up)

http://vype.com/setx/2014/04/22/vype-video-stangs-strike-shugart-for-six-early-runs-beat-bridge-city-6-3/

As far as the rest of the night, this umpire was so bad, as an impartial fan covering for the media, if I see him behind the plate ever again, I will not be wasting 3 hours of my life on him... sorry to say that because the kids from both teams deserved the coverage last night... but this guy was a joke, and couldn't have been 22 years old...

Also every January there's meetings to go over new rule changes and mechanics. Email the rules committee that the third row is the best way to see the outside corner. Consistent was used a lot so on a tough night he was able to keep it relatively ok.

When a catcher lines up over the plate, catches a pitch in between his shin guards and below his mask it doesn't take the guys in the "3rd row" to figure out if it was a strike or not. Both catchers last night are about as good as you can find around here and routinely they both showed frustration with the guy. Email that to your committee Callaway 7.

Rake1

When a catcher lines up over the plate, catches a pitch in between his shin guards and below his mask it doesn't take the guys in the "3rd row" to figure out if it was a strike or not. Both catchers last night are about as good as you can find around here and routinely they both showed frustration with the guy. Email that to your committee Callaway 7.

Rake1

It's not where they catch it. It's where it crosses the plate. I have seen lots of curve balls caught where you state that cross the plate too high. Yet the 3rd row ump always calls them strikes.