20-4A Scores Round 14

Umm, no I am a Lumberton Raider fan and I do not think it is clear. I think the PNG girls and coached got screwed. There should be a single elimination tournament between the three teams and may the best team win and go face Barbers Hill next week and whatever team would end up representing the district pulls a major upset!

One Chance - I totally agree that PNG got the shaft. The tiebreaker rules are poorly written, as they are not explicit on the "points" scored being only among the tied teams or among all district games. (Also, who refers softball scores as "points").

More importantly, the district didn't even follow their own written rules by calling for a two team playoff! Where is that written?

Sounds like they partially used the poorly written tiebreaker (points scored) and interpreted this for the tied teams, then somehow decided on a 2 team playoffs. I would like to hear how they landed on that.

They should have done the right thing for 3 teams fighting for a single playoff berth and settle it on the field, with seeding based on run differential.

I feel bad for the PNG players and coaches.

I have been doing a little research on other districts and even TAPPS.

None of the others have a rule that is this vague in this situation.

Bottom line.....PNG took a bullet on this one and hopefully the district will

make a change so this never happens again.

Feel bad for the players of PNG on this one.

I think Lumberton and Livingston better start concentrating on their power house first round

playoff opponent and not on "Poetic Justice" for PNG......LOL