Who's Rights?

smitty

My opinion, this is a human being who is on a mission!!  This is not someone who wants to to live their life peacefully with their newfound identity or sexuality but wants to see that everyone is forced to accept his/her unnatural choice.  His/her rights which are superior to the rights of those who see this as not right!!  There really is no freedom in this country!!!   JMHO!!!

It probably has nothing to do with teaching. I find it strange that a man dresses as a woman in a classroom setting. 

I could care less about sexual preferences, who is sleeping with who or what he does inside of his own home. I just think it is wrong. 

If he wants a sex change, go for it and become a woman and then wear a dress. 

I think that if we put some thought to it, we might find a lot of people that have a great ability to teach but that we might not want to be in front of children. Heck, being topless in TX is not against the law. Should male or female teachers be able to teach without covering up because it i legal and the teacher might be great? 

I just dont see why or how a child could be affected. At the end of the day you'll always have the right to remove your child.

Why should anyone have to remove their child so a transgender teacher can stay?

If she/he is really in this for the kids, they should find an ISD that is accepting of them...I'm sure they're out there.

the fact that there is a debate about this is sad......

American morals and ethics slowly decaying

I hear this argument all the time.  I guess if I'd grown up during the time of the hippies, where half the country was high and the other half was busy discriminating against African Americans I could look back to when our country had a straighter moral compass.  Or maybe a couple of decades later when gang violence ruled every major city.  or maybe a half century before that when the mob did.  Or back at the turn of the century when murders almost as common as the whorehouses.  So when were things so great again?  Every generation and time has it's various struggles and improvements.  I think it's a good thing that our biggest problem of this generation (according to so many loving Christians) is homosexuals getting a little equal treatment and personal rights. 

I hear this argument all the time.  I guess if I'd grown up during the time of the hippies, where half the country was high and the other half was busy discriminating against African Americans I could look back to when our country had a straighter moral compass.  Or maybe a couple of decades later when gang violence ruled every major city.  or maybe a half century before that when the mob did.  Or back at the turn of the century when murders almost as common as the whorehouses.  So when were things so great again?  Every generation and time has it's various struggles and improvements.  I think it's a good thing that our biggest problem of this generation (according to so many loving Christians) is homosexuals getting a little equal treatment and personal rights. 

:rolleyes:

I hear this argument all the time. I guess if I'd grown up during the time of the hippies, where half the country was high and the other half was busy discriminating against African Americans I could look back to when our country had a straighter moral compass. Or maybe a couple of decades later when gang violence ruled every major city. or maybe a half century before that when the mob did. Or back at the turn of the century when murders almost as common as the whorehouses. So when were things so great again? Every generation and time has it's various struggles and improvements. I think it's a good thing that our biggest problem of this generation (according to so many loving Christians) is homosexuals getting a little equal treatment and personal rights.

YOU MY FRIEND SHOULD RUN FOR OFFICE

Or could it be the much bigger problem is Christians that defend sinful lifestyles and see no problem with recognizing, supporting and even honoring such a lifestyle. Just sayin’

Your comments make a great story, but I would like to suggest that "half the country being high and the other half busy discriminating" is considerable hyperbole.  There is still plenty of gang violence.  Furthermore, to essentially belittle "loving Christians" ( we ALL have our shortcomings) violates your own demands for  tolerance and diversity.  I would further suggest that respecting the rights of homosexuals is a good thing but seeking  to improve that respect via "in your face" approaches is not.