Bridge City's Stump no longer AD, still HC

The idea is a sound one to separate the jobs but the motives here I'm not sure about.  I personally know many of the coaches at BC and outside of the 2000 or 2001 season when BC reached the State Semi's I believe Coach Stump has done more for BC football than any other coach despite what his win/loss record is. 

Money is not being wasted here.  AD position pays about the same as principal.  From what I hear, Stump  WANTED to concentrate on football.  As AD, you have to deal with every coach at every campus in every sport.  BC's football program has been suffering and now Stump can concentrate on that.  He will also be going back into the classroom as health/PE teacher.  I feel that this is a good move for BC athletics. Should allow for all programs to excel.   I just hope they hire a replacement principal as good as Briggs.

They will say "to get the person we wanted for the job, we had to offer the complete package HC/AD". They've got this all figured out as well as having someone in mind for the job, there is no doubt in my mind on that fact.

I can say this, as a BC resident, I won't be voting for the bond issue if this is the way they are conducting business.

MJB, that bond issue would go a LONG way in improving BC athletics.  The football stadium is outdated, the track surface is 25 years old, I think.  The baseball and softball facilities are sub par for the caliber of programs there.  The softball team has to dress out in the old PE gym the walk or drive to the softball field to play or practice.  The lighting and scoreboards at both fields have had issues since Ike.  Field drainage is bad.  Seating is inadequate at best.  Parking is inadequate for ALL sports.  The only way to bring the athletic facilities up to todays standards and to reflect the quality of our student athletes, is with that bond.  Not to mention, it contains MANY improvements to SECURITY at all campuses, and improvements to the performing arts facilities too.  

MJB, that bond issue would go a LONG way in improving BC athletics.  The football stadium is outdated, the track surface is 25 years old, I think.  The baseball and softball facilities are sub par for the caliber of programs there.  The softball team has to dress out in the old PE gym the walk or drive to the softball field to play or practice.  The lighting and scoreboards at both fields have had issues since Ike.  Field drainage is bad.  Seating is inadequate at best.  Parking is inadequate for ALL sports.  The only way to bring the athletic facilities up to todays standards and to reflect the quality of our student athletes, is with that bond.  Not to mention, it contains MANY improvements to SECURITY at all campuses, and improvements to the performing arts facilities too.  

20 million ????????

Money is not being wasted here.  AD position pays about the same as principal.  From what I hear, Stump  WANTED to concentrate on football.  As AD, you have to deal with every coach at every campus in every sport.  BC's football program has been suffering and now Stump can concentrate on that.  He will also be going back into the classroom as health/PE teacher.  I feel that this is a good move for BC athletics. Should allow for all programs to excel.   I just hope they hire a replacement principal as good as Briggs.

You heard wrong. Stump wanted to stay as AD and not go back to teaching PE.

I see him leaving this year or after next year when contract will not be renewed.

More re-assignments announced at BCISD yesterday.  I know that two of them affect coaches, replacing the girl's soccer coach from what I have heard from the announcements made at the faculty meeting.  Another coach is being reassigned from his current duties.

Don't make any enemies at that district if you work there.

More re-assignments announced at BCISD yesterday.  I know that two of them affect coaches, replacing the girl's soccer coach from what I have heard from the announcements made at the faculty meeting.  Another coach is being reassigned from his current duties.

Don't make any enemies at that district if you work there.

The Girl's soccer coach left at semester break to pursue other interests. One of the baseball assistants filled the position in the mean time.

Premieravp. Money is being wasted they will be paying the new principal, an AD and a head coach. That is one position to many. It is financial irresponsible of the school board and supt. to do this. It all boils down to the good ole boy system is alive at BISD. We be like that until you replace the school board members that seem to always be sucked in by whoever is Supt. and become his buddy. That cannot happen with school boards. Yow can't be there buddy and do what's best for the district there is no way you can be neutral in voting on critical matters.

Premieravp. Money is being wasted they will be paying the new principal, an AD and a head coach. That is one position to many. It is financial irresponsible of the school board and supt. to do this. It all boils down to the good ole boy system is alive at BISD. We be like that until you replace the school board members that seem to always be sucked in by whoever is Supt. and become his buddy. That cannot happen with school boards. Yow can't be there buddy and do what's best for the district there is no way you can be neutral in voting on critical matters.

Very true words here.  I think that the superintendent is shaking things up, moving good people around to get them to leave and then re-assign and repopulate with other educators, either from within his or the school board's circle.  My own personal belief is that he, or they, are seeking to create a younger staff of educators at BCISD.  It's merely speculation now, but I think you will see several new faces at BC, many of which will only have 1-3 years experience.  I will know in June/July if that comes to fruition.  Maybe I failed to mention but easing the older, more experienced educators out and replacing them with a younger staff saves on average, $20K per teacher replaced.

Regarding the bond and improvements, student/teacher safety should be listed 1st over anything else.  There are definitive security issues, that have been pointed out, that need to be addressed before any new athletic complex. And yes, my kids play sports at BC.  There is a growing band program that will need a home if numbers continue to grow, not to mention the distance from the HS to the current band hall, which is a safety concern as well.

We can only watch it happen and vote when the time comes.  Let's wait and see what the "BC Good Ole Boy" system cooks up the next few weeks.