UT Dismisses Players-Culling the Herd

New Texas Longhorns coach Charlie Strong dismissed two players from his program Sunday.

Defensive back Leroy Scott and fullback Chet Moss were dismissed due to unspecified violations of team rules, the school announced.

Scott showed promise as a junior, playing in all 13 games last season and recording three fumble recoveries and 2.5 tackles for loss, and was named the team's co-special teams player of the year.

He had played in 38 career games, on defense and special teams, in three years and was expected to compete for an increased role in Texas' secondary this fall.

Moss, a junior last season, had been suspended for one game in 2013 and missed two others with a season-ending injury. He appeared in 27 games in his career, mostly as a reserve on special teams, and started one game.

They are the first two players to leave the Texas program since Strong was hired in January.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10620343/texas-longhorns-dismiss-leroy-scott-chet-moss

New Texas Longhorns coach Charlie Strong dismissed two players from his program Sunday.
Defensive back Leroy Scott and fullback Chet Moss were dismissed due to unspecified violations of team rules, the school announced.
Scott showed promise as a junior, playing in all 13 games last season and recording three fumble recoveries and 2.5 tackles for loss, and was named the team's co-special teams player of the year.
He had played in 38 career games, on defense and special teams, in three years and was expected to compete for an increased role in Texas' secondary this fall.
Moss, a junior last season, had been suspended for one game in 2013 and missed two others with a season-ending injury. He appeared in 27 games in his career, mostly as a reserve on special teams, and started one game.
They are the first two players to leave the Texas program since Strong was hired in January.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10620343/texas-longhorns-dismiss-leroy-scott-chet-moss

I thought Scott was the kid that was receiving rave reviews in offseason workouts. I could be wrong. If so, that's a big loss.

When Sumlin kicks someone off the team, let us know.

Now that is too damn funny!!!  Thugs are not those that are left may be the incarnation of the Junction Boys!!  Are would you just tear down that legacy at good Ole TAMU because Strong is enacting very similar (but in today's world) disciplinary controls over the Texas program to make it better???

Now that is too damn funny!!!  Thugs are not those that are left may be the incarnation of the Junction Boys!!  Are would you just tear down that legacy at good Ole TAMU because Strong is enacting very similar (but in today's world) disciplinary controls over the Texas program to make it better???

So I assume by your statement that most if not ALL the other players on the Texas roster are saints - we will see.

I really hope that Strong does implement some serious controls over the Texas program as I think all programs could use some cleaning - but I still state that he can have the cleanest program in the country but if he does not put 9 to 10+ wins a year on the board he will not be there long.

So I assume by your statement that most if not ALL the other players on the Texas roster are saints - we will see.

I really hope that Strong does implement some serious controls over the Texas program as I think all programs could use some cleaning - but I still state that he can have the cleanest program in the country but if he does not put 9 to 10+ wins a year on the board he will not be there long.

True. That's how you go after championships.

We've actually lost less than we expected.  Those boys have been through boot camp.  Expected much more attrition.  Something tells me little brother over in B/CS isn't going to be laughing at the product on the field.  Mark my words, you are going to see a very physical team under Strong.  The country club days are over under this regime.  I would be more concerned about the state of your team after a tie for 7th place finish (with powerhouse Vanderbilt) with the greatest QB in the history of your program...