Dish Network

PhatMack19

The sad irony is the lhn has been bundled with SECN, meaning that the demand for SEC football is paying off for tu.

Wow, go figure.

Gig'em!!

That's funny. All of the games that matter in SEC football are already going to be on primetime. LHN is being bundled with SECN because there's a strong demand for both in the south, and by putting them together, the package is that much stronger.

That's funny. All of the games that matter in SEC football are already going to be on primetime. LHN is being bundled with SECN because there's a strong demand for both in the south, and by putting them together, the package is that much stronger.

If the LHN had a strong demand in the South it would have already been picked up by everyone. Not many people outside of Texas give a hoot about the LHN.

• 2 weeks later...

SEC covers an entire conference, while LHN is dedicated to one University. Lumping together equals demand. Ain't that a kick in the pants. LOL!

You ever notice when politicians make this great bill that is 1,000 pages long, then they throw in a few pages of crap? That's kinda like this.

You ever notice when politicians make this great bill that is 1,000 pages long, then they throw in a few pages of crap? That's kinda like this.

No, never seen one of those. They are full of crap. Fact is, igs have always looked for any way to thumb their nose at The University of Texas, even by thinking they have joined a better conference and will get better tv coverage. Funny how you can't stand on your own merits and have to throw an entire conference at Texas. I personally enjoy the squirming and the lame posts like the last one. Texas is a very marketable team and things like this would not happen if it were untrue. Can't wait for Strong to get Texas back to their winning ways. Talk about squirming!

^^^^Squirming??? Who calling who names its not Sumlin gadget that one baddog!!! Think they joined a better conference & will get better tv coverage...lol no thinking that one its a FACT!!!

What do you do if you...
Dominate the finances of a really great conference so much that two schools leave...
Then, over the protests of the rest of that diminished conference, you set up a private TV channel...
And that network so alienates the rest of the conference that two more teams leave, terminating one of the best rivalry in college sports...
And since your actions made the conference a shadow of its former self, you add two schools...
But those two schools immediately suck and generate little revenue...
And the ratings on the network drop as your team gets drilled repeatedly on the field...
And the premier teams in the conference are now OU & (gasp) Baylor...
And your stadium is never full at kickoff & almost empty by the fourth quarter...
And your Enemy #1, OU, has dominated you over the last five years...
And your attempt to replace the Thanksgiving Rivalry game has fallen flat every year...
And when your coach is fired, the new one alienates the recruits & causes many to play elsewhere...
And your Enemy #1A, A&M is making headlines everywhere, playing the most entertaining ball in the country, dominating in recruiting, has replaced the rivalry game with a great one with LSU, & building the largest stadium in the state!!!!
What do you do now?
YOU DEMAND TO RESUME THE RIVALRY GAME WITH A&M & ADD SEATS TO AN ALREADY EMPTY DKR STADIUM.

Heck, sips couldn't even wait till we finished our renovations. So much panic & desperation coming out of Austin...

I'm holding out hope on Directv though....Emailed them again on the 5th of March which they responded:

SEC NETWORK
Administrator
Thank you for writing about the upcoming SEC Network. DIRECTV is in discussions with the owners of the SEC Network, which is set to debut August 2014. We will have more information as we draw closer to its launch date.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV Customer Care

^^^^Squirming??? Who calling who names its not Sumlin gadget that one baddog!!! Think they joined a better conference & will get better tv coverage...lol no thinking that one its a FACT!!!

What do you do if you...
Dominate the finances of a really great conference so much that two schools leave...(wow, how lame)
Then, over the protests of the rest of that diminished conference, you set up a private TV channel...(so what? Name one school that would not have jumped on that $300 million deal. You can't)
And that network so alienates the rest of the conference that two more teams leave, terminating one of the best rivalry in college sports...Igs would have been included in that deal. You walked away.....doing the same thing you condemned Texas for.....trying to gain a better hold on recruiting and pocketing even more money. Sounds hypocritical to me.)
And since your actions made the conference a shadow of its former self, you add two schools...( so what?)
But those two schools immediately suck and generate little revenue...(sec has no schools that suck?)
And the ratings on the network drop as your team gets drilled repeatedly on the field...(I'll admit that the LHN marketing could have been better. My Cowboys have been non winners for a while but I still watch)
And the premier teams in the conference are now OU & (gasp) Baylor...( subject to change maybe as soon as this coming season)
And your stadium is never full at kickoff & almost empty by the fourth quarter...(something I didn't know)
And your Enemy #1, OU, has dominated you over the last five years...( must not have seen the game this past season)
And your attempt to replace the Thanksgiving Rivalry game has fallen flat every year...(I agree it is one of the greatest rivalries ever, but again, who walked away?)
And when your coach is fired, the new one alienates the recruits & causes many to play elsewhere...( happens to lots of teams that change coaches)
And your Enemy #1A, A&M is making headlines everywhere, playing the most entertaining ball in the country, dominating in recruiting, has replaced the rivalry game with a great one with LSU, & building the largest stadium in the state!!!!(thanks to JFF. Igs were exciting for sure. I like the way your comparison always leads to Texas. Gives me goose bumps.)
What do you do now?
YOU DEMAND TO RESUME THE RIVALRY GAME WITH A&M & ADD SEATS TO AN ALREADY EMPTY DKR STADIUM.( largest stadium never holds up for long. Who are you trying to kid?

Heck, sips couldn't even wait till we finished our renovations. So much panic & desperation coming out of Austin..( No panic. Paving the way for a new fan base. The panic is from those who see Texas being included in their tv package.

No, never seen one of those. They are full of crap. Fact is, igs have always looked for any way to thumb their nose at The University of Texas, even by thinking they have joined a better conference and will get better tv coverage. Funny how you can't stand on your own merits and have to throw an entire conference at Texas. I personally enjoy the squirming and the lame posts like the last one. Texas is a very marketable team and things like this would not happen if it were untrue. Can't wait for Strong to get Texas back to their winning ways. Talk about squirming!

Sorry but it is the "shorthorns" (my response to your insult of igs) who are out there pounding their chest and yelling to try and make somebody - no anybody - on the national scene give the shorthorn athletic program a little bit of coverage.  Yes the shorthorns are a marketable team but until they have something to market the horn fans are going to have to deal with being behind the likes of Baylor and yes (yikes) Texas A&M. 

Old timer. I like some of your posts. My insult to Ags (igs) is for whenever I see tu.

Please tell me who doesn't thump their chest. Things are exciting in Austin and hopefully a new era of Longhorns can put some consistency into winning again. I see absolutely nothing wrong with being excited about change and hope for the future. Really, who doesn't do that?

What do you do if you...
Dominate the finances of a really great conference so much that two schools leave...
Then, over the protests of the rest of that diminished conference, you set up a private TV channel...
And that network so alienates the rest of the conference that two more teams leave, terminating one of the best rivalry in college sports...
And since your actions made the conference a shadow of its former self, you add two schools...
But those two schools immediately suck and generate little revenue...
And the ratings on the network drop as your team gets drilled repeatedly on the field...
And the premier teams in the conference are now OU & (gasp) Baylor...
And your stadium is never full at kickoff & almost empty by the fourth quarter...
And your Enemy #1, OU, has dominated you over the last five years...
And your attempt to replace the Thanksgiving Rivalry game has fallen flat every year...
And when your coach is fired, the new one alienates the recruits & causes many to play elsewhere...
And your Enemy #1A, A&M is making headlines everywhere, playing the most entertaining ball in the country, dominating in recruiting, has replaced the rivalry game with a great one with LSU, & building the largest stadium in the state!!!!
What do you do now?
YOU DEMAND TO RESUME THE RIVALRY GAME WITH A&M & ADD SEATS TO AN ALREADY EMPTY DKR STADIUM.

Heck, sips couldn't even wait till we finished our renovations. So much panic & desperation coming out of Austin...

Hmmm, desperation...kind of like finding a couple of MNCs over last summer.  You know, the ones no other self-respecting school with a strong history claims?  The funniest part was that you left one out, just to make it not sooo obvious you were DESPERATELY trying to keep up with the Joneses.  Otherwise, you would have mysteriously had the same number as The University of Texas has in real ones.  Yeah that worked.

I wonder if the school you call desperate will do the same thing to jack our number up to 15 national championships?  No, no one else is THAT pathetic.  Lol