Bigdog

Board president Gwen Ambres said the process to get Beaumont ISD back on track doesn't involve placing blame on Chargois or his predecessor, Thomas.

"Do we need to be able to point a finger and place blame?," she asked. "Is that our goal to single someone out? Or is a better use of our time and talent to say, 'We have a gap here and this is the way things have gone on in the past but here's a better way and let's do things the better way.'"

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Did-the-BISD-Superintendent-inherit-a-mess-5363349.php#page-1

Just like with Calvin Walker cheating them out of millions of dollars and even when discovered, they wash their hands of it, act like it never happened and then renew the same criminal's contract. 

Of course their, "Let's live and let live" attitude might change if the people involved were of a different demographic. It is sometimes amazing how quick the same people are to point fingers when it is someone else and completely dismiss it if it involves "your own". 

Gwen Ambres is a perfect example of someone not liking the good ol' boys club until she in the the club and why BISD cannot and will not solve their own problems until someone forces it or takes over. 

Just like with Calvin Walker cheating them out of millions of dollars and even when discovered, they wash their hands of it, act like it never happened and then renew the same criminal's contract. 

Of course their, "Let's live and let live" attitude might change if the people involved were of a different demographic. It is sometimes amazing how quick the same people are to point fingers when it is someone else and completely dismiss it if it involves "your own". 

Gwen Ambres is a perfect example of someone not liking the good ol' boys club until she in the the club and why BISD cannot and will not solve their own problems until someone forces it or takes over. 

I'm glad you came forth to really explain your most deeper inner feelings about this situation.

LOL!!!! I don't think some of you realize the same conversations are in our own communities too. But maybe the media is being biased and not telling our complaints or we (my community) just aren't saying it in public enough.

Blue......"our communities" or "my community"......BISD should be one community. What is causing all the issues? It is NOT the media. I think everyone wants what is best for the kids.....and based on the information that has been reported (and investigated) it should not include the existing school board.

Attorney sends letter promising legal action if Atkins isn't rehired at Ozen today

"They knew," Atkins said. "They said they'd called around about my character and they understood people would not be OK with 'the allegation'."

Atkins told The Enterprise he spoke at length about the allegation and suspension with Chargois as early as the Friday after the board meeting.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Attorney-sends-letter-promising-legal-action-if-5363348.php

Board president Gwen Ambres said the process to get Beaumont ISD back on track doesn't involve placing blame on Chargois or his predecessor, Thomas.

"Do we need to be able to point a finger and place blame?," she asked. "Is that our goal to single someone out? Or is a better use of our time and talent to say, 'We have a gap here and this is the way things have gone on in the past but here's a better way and let's do things the better way.'"

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Did-the-BISD-Superintendent-inherit-a-mess-5363349.php#page-1

I can agree with one of her statements; no you can’t single one person out. I don’t think you have enough fingers on both hands to point out the culprits.

LOL!!!! I don't think some of you realize the same conversations are in our own communities too. But maybe the media is being biased and not telling our complaints or we (my community) just aren't saying it in public enough.

You are right. I have seen several reports of the black community expressing concern, so it has been reported.

For example

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/24895243/naacp

Judge rejects BISD claim for about $350,000 in Calvin Walker forfeited funds

and he also rejected Walkers claim for about $2.7 million of what he forfeited to the government......BECAUSE "The word "Altered" is not fraud so stop twisting it!" 

But.......he will receive $200,000 in funds seized from him amid criminal charges....

Keeping up with all this could really be a full tme job......

http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_9470.shtml

I have no doubt that some are having the same conversations. The difference is that in some communities, speaking out against the party line will draw immediate and vile accusations that most are not willing to face and it will come from within that very community. 

The "comment section" in the online section is interesting.

Very interesting......A bunch of uneducated people talking about things they don't know......

A few made good sense.....like the one who calculated how much Calvin Walker stole.......

Or how  Melody Chappell might be one of the ones with criminal charges brought against her.